PDA

View Full Version : Die Da Wan vs Yunnan PAi Yao

Club Kozak
07-28-2004, 02:26 PM
Could someone tell me the difference between the 2. They have the same main ingredient, but when should one use them. I was recommended to take Yunnan pai yao after hard workouts, or after injury(sprains)...

herb ox
07-28-2004, 04:16 PM
I suppose the main ingredient is "sanqi" or radix notoginseng...

die da wan is usually used for internal injuries to "move blood" i.e. the stagnant blood ocurring in contusions, etc. I've used it dissolved in vodka for an emergency dit da jow. It PREVENTS clots.

yunnan paiyao (aka blood clot powder) is usually used for treating hemorrages and other bleeding, like cuts and scrapes. It has been reported that Vietnamese soldiers carried yunnan paiyao in their first aid kits for treating gunshot wounds and the like. I carry a vial with me when travelling and hiking - I've even used it on a certain forum moderator's (we won't mention any names) profusely bleeding scalp (a sharp wire from the inside of a Chinese lion head cut his scalp - blood and sweat streaming down his face... it was great!). Paiyao powder works great for these areas that are tough to bandage.

hope that helps!

herb ox

Club Kozak
07-29-2004, 07:55 AM
Which one would be better for muscle sprains ie. pulled muscles etc...
thanx!!

herb ox
07-29-2004, 11:53 AM
I'd say, go for the dit da jow - or try Zheng Gu Shui (bone rectify water)- basically a bonesetter's linament - it can relieve the pain of sprains quite well.

peace

herb ox

Club Kozak
07-31-2004, 01:26 PM
what would you recommed for internal use?

herb ox
08-03-2004, 03:37 PM
I don't know why I strayed off with the dit da jow (sorry!) - to answer your question, I meant dit da wan. It's available at some health food stores as 'tieh te wan", a single large resinous pill encased in a wax ball - but if that store carries plum flower brand, "the great mender" a.k.a jin gu shang wan, is also a good way to go. Chinese remedies are widely counterfeited, but Plum Flower is GMP certified so formula quality is assured.

gotta get me some of that jin gu shang wan! [gingerly moving leg, nursing a pulled groin :( ]

peace

herb ox