PDA

View Full Version : A very sad day for the children...

rogue
07-28-2004, 08:22 PM
Hello Everyone!

As already stated by one individual on this forum today, Lee Jun Fan (Bruce Lee) passed away thirty-one years ago today! He was truly an incredible martial artist with a great mind for practical combative application of techniques and innovative training methods. His creativity and intensity have been greatly missed! It is up to us to continue the training and see to it that his incredible art of Jeet Kune Do survives from generation to generation, and to see that the memory of its founder is always fresh on the mind of those who were not here when he was still with us. I read recently where a female Chinese martial arts instructor asked the members of her children's class how many of them knew who Bruce Lee was. No one raised their hand! That is a sad commentary indeed, and shows us that our work is truly cut out for us! Today please take a moment to say a prayer for the remaining members of the Lee family, that God will comfort them and help them to appreciate even more the memory of this lost loved one. Also, please put a little extra something in your training today in memory of the "Little Dragon"! I will be working out this afternoon and teaching a class tonight, and I know I plan to give it everything I've got in honor of the greatest martial artist that ever lived! Bruce Lee we salute you! May you rest in peace!

By Lamar Davis (http://www.kungfuonline.com/roundtable/showthread.php?t=98)

rubthebuddha
07-28-2004, 09:20 PM
looks like lamar stumbled upon yet another communist plot to stifle martial arts. lousy, no-good commie pinkos. :mad:

David Jamieson
07-28-2004, 09:51 PM
fixation

joedoe
07-28-2004, 10:33 PM
in honor of the greatest martial artist that ever lived

This statement is debateable.

Volcano Admim
07-28-2004, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by rubthebuddha
looks like lamar stumbled upon yet another communist plot to stifle martial arts. lousy, no-good commie pinkos. :mad:

lol dude

Serpent
07-28-2004, 11:39 PM
They forget Bruce Lee because his time has passed. I bet they all heard of Jackie Chan and Jet Li.

Rogue, get over it dude. Bruce Lee was WAY over-rated.

Vash
07-29-2004, 05:34 AM
GASP!!!!1 Never have they heard the gospel according to Bruce!!!!1 Blasphemy!

JKD is the real street lethal. :eek: :D

rogue
07-29-2004, 07:11 AM
Originally posted by Serpent
They forget Bruce Lee because his time has passed. I bet they all heard of Jackie Chan and Jet Li.

Rogue, get over it dude. Bruce Lee was WAY over-rated.

How can you say that? I'd go as far as to say that the advancements of martial arts was set back about 20 years, until the Gracies showed up. :mad: Lee raised the bar of everything he was involved with, MA, movies, TV and training.

Shaolinlueb
07-29-2004, 07:28 AM
a couple of the kids in my class know of bruce lee, most know jackie chan and jet li but jackie the most.

Starchaser107
07-29-2004, 07:31 AM
y'all are sum ungrateful wretches.
if it weren't for bruce alot of us non-asian folks wouldn't be doing
chinese martial arts.

not to mention the other great contributions and concepts he brought into the mix.

ungrateful.:mad:

Shaolinlueb
07-29-2004, 07:41 AM
bruce lee set the action fight scene for hollywood for 30 years. it wasnt until jackie chan started making it in america and along with jet li that the action fight scenes sped up and became more unrealistic. note wire kung fu has existed since the early 80's in HK and china, but not until crouching tiger and the matrix did it really take off in america.

where as bruce lee set the standard for action fight scenes in america for the next 30 years even today, crouching tiger and matrix will set it for years to come until the next cool thing comes along.

Chang Style Novice
07-29-2004, 07:44 AM
Hit it again! Again! And again! Harder!

Starchaser107
07-29-2004, 08:48 AM
wtf???:confused:

Chang Style Novice
07-29-2004, 08:59 AM
You never saw a horse skeleton before?

Starchaser107
07-29-2004, 09:17 AM
no

GunnedDownAtrocity
07-29-2004, 11:25 AM
i like horsies.

even dead ones.

Tak
07-29-2004, 11:39 AM
I had a buffalo head decomposing in the middle of my yard for the better part of a summer. Waiting for the maggots to clean it so that we could bleach the skull.

The sooner Bruce Lee falls into obscurity, the better. Then we can quit hearing, "Well, Bruce Lee did it like this." "Bruce Lee says you should just move naturally and not worry about technique." "Can you kick the ceiling like Bruce Lee did?" ( ;) @ jw) "Bruce Lee studied for 45 minutes with our great-grandmaster, and that's why my lineage is better than yours."

GunnedDownAtrocity
07-29-2004, 12:18 PM
hehe .... he said head.

WinterPalm
07-29-2004, 01:05 PM
From what I've heard, my father's teacher taught non asian in Canada before Bruce Lee did. I've also heard that many teachers taught white folk before Bruce Lee in Lee's city of San Francisco. My Sifu's teacher taught nonasian before that time. There is a big misconception about Bruce Lee bringing Kung Fu to non asians. I do think the reason he was disliked was because of his approach and disregard for tradition.

CaptinPickAxe
07-29-2004, 03:43 PM
National Inquirerer said that he isn't really dead...he's with Elvis, Tupac, and Jim Morrison in the Illuminati. He's the strong arm.

rogue
07-29-2004, 07:54 PM
Funny how people here either have short memories or are just too young to remember what things were like before Bruce. Arts weren't practical, beginners were forced to learn kata instead of technqiues that were usable. Fights on TV and movies weren't realistic. Without Bruce there wouldn't be a Jackie Chan or Jet Li. There wouldn't be Gracies and ground fighting. This web site wouldn't exist. Really guys give credit where credit is due.

The Real Original Lucky Louie.

Serpent
07-29-2004, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by rogue
Without Bruce there wouldn't be a Jackie Chan or Jet Li. There wouldn't be Gracies and ground fighting. This web site wouldn't exist. Really guys give credit where credit is due.

Oh, bullsh!t! Please, get over it!

diego
07-29-2004, 09:52 PM
gat dang bloody wanker chuck norris fans YALL JUST MAD BRUCE TORE OUT CHUCKS PECTORAL MULLET IN THE STADIUM AND ISHT...BRUCE WAS BETTER THAN YOU SO FUQ OFF!!!!.

PHILBERT
07-30-2004, 12:02 AM
Serpent, Bruce Lee was one of the first people to condone MMA training. JKD is a MMA. He also said that weight lifting and all that was good. All the other martial artists and masters were like "nooo, evil, wrong, don't do."

Lots of pro fighters even credit Bruce Lee as being the reason they do martial arts. Dan Sevren is one of them if I remember correctly. Bruce Lee did a lot for martial arts. Was he the greatest and all that? Hardly. But he opened a lot of doors.

And ground fighting would still be here today. Rorion never sold the BJJ and original UFC on Bruce Lee's name. He sold it on his family's name.

Tak
07-30-2004, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by rogue
Arts weren't practical, beginners were forced to learn kata instead of technqiues that were usable. Fights on TV and movies weren't realistic.

I'm glad all that has gone away.