stuff youve tried and seen others trying

also
do pro athletes do atkins?
cos i imagined with so much training they do
they would lack da engergy if they cut so much them carbs

what yall think?

red5angel
07-31-2004, 02:36 AM
atkins sucks ass. Your body was made to take in both carbs and protiens. Anyone who tells you different has something to sell. the key i sportions - 30 grams of carbs, 14 grams of protiens......

Ka
07-31-2004, 04:18 AM
Originally posted by Volcano Admim

You have to look at who and why Atkins fomulated his diet plan.It was not created for pro athletes(nor do most have problems controling their weight) nor is it beneficial for most endurance or power athletes.What the whole low carb diet gurus have highlighted is perhaps the large amount or refined carbos present in many sedentry workers diets.While also highlighting how little fresh fruit and vegatables are present.Its brought about a fresh approach to how we look at the different types of fats, and their nutritional benefits in moderate consumption.

You might find this interesting,form the AIS in Aus re: Zone Diet(yeah different from Atkins by still mainly Low Carbs)
http://www.ausport.gov.au/fulltext/2001/ascpub/FactZone.asp
Hope thats of use

Liokault
07-31-2004, 07:10 AM
The English rugby team was put on the atkins diet, right before the started to rule again.

Or so my pro atkins, pro rugby but anti English instructor tells me.

Vash
07-31-2004, 09:17 AM
Satan said to Doctor Atkins;

"Thanks for sucking my balls."

thresh
07-31-2004, 10:30 AM
Without carbs, your body switches over to burning ketones (fat) as energy. I tried a ketogenic diet (atkins is the hollywood term for ketogenic) a few years back while weightlifting and found that my explosive energy levels and stamina mostly disappeared. It took a huge amount of physical and mental effort to go to the gym and work out. Intensity levels were alot lower. But hey, the diet worked and I ended up maintaining my strength while losing fat.. It was just not fun. On a plus side of the diet, the hunger pangs were pretty much non-existent since my body was in permanent fat burning mode whether I ate or not..

On a side note, the inuit people of north america have lived on this type of diet for many thousands of years, seeing that their ground is rock and permanently frozen, they cannot grow fruits or vegetables. Hell, there aren't any trees up there either for the most part.

As for KungFu, I wouldn't try this diet while training, but that's just me and other people's bodies react differently to different situations. If you're thinking about it, try it for a week or a few and see if it is for you or not....

HiddenShadow
07-31-2004, 10:56 PM
Im on a Anti-Atkins diet. If its got some carbs and/or protien, Im probably eating it, I happen to like having energy. This Atkins crap seems like it would work if you just sit a desk all day and use next to no physically energy, except walking down the hall to grab another doughnut or some candy bars from the vending machine :D

blooming lotus
07-31-2004, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by Volcano Admim
simple simple thread

have you tried
on a no-carbs situation or very low carbs situation
doing lots exercise

how did it go?
did you feel ok?
was there energy enough?

please answer your pratical info please
stuff youve tried and seen others trying

also
cos i imagined with so much training they do
they would lack da engergy if they cut so much them carbs

what yall think?

ahha.......did hard core..as in down to 5gms a day...enough energy for a nz army recruitment and extra curricular fight club , hiit at the park , bag work, daily runs x 5kms + and some bwe.........don't recommend it thogh , weight went down to 41 kgs ( pls see pic posted a bit back) and ended up blowing it all throgh what western society calls anorexia and consequentially spent many months in hospital ( not of own volition) putting on 21 kgs before I couldn'teat any more and did a ninja over the wall.............

a modified ketosis plan is fine...don't go under 20gms , and no less than 10 on light day............. works to rip , but just don't forget your common sense ;)

Toby
08-01-2004, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by blooming lotus
a modified ketosis plan is fine...don't go under 20gms , and no less than 10 on light day............. works to rip , but just don't forget your common sense ;) 20g carbohydrates a day is modified ketosis? 20g a day would be pretty deep ketosis. I'd say that 20g carbohydrates a day would be very difficult. What would you eat?

blooming lotus
08-01-2004, 11:32 PM
BS.........if you see the article posted by Iron or Ford with big muscley guy on pg 1. about how to eat when training and what is found ( carb vs protein) in what.it says something similar, with your av. smaller woman being around 50 ish kgs give or take....going by figures of /2 portion for women, 20 gms a day is ample..for a modified ketosis or a hard core plan for a larger person, 20 gms is totally acceptable..........

ps. caught a doco this morn on lower blood proteins in women vs men, the effects of alchol and medicines on levels and recc intakes etc.......I think there's something in that fr the athlete........gotta fly...more later

Toby
08-01-2004, 11:43 PM
... with your av. smaller woman being around 50 ish kgs ...Oh, I'm sorry. I forgot that Xebby was your average 50kg smaller woman. Good advice. :rolleyes:

blooming lotus
08-02-2004, 03:06 AM
or a harder core plan for a larger person.............I can't see him in person so be a little realistic and cut me some slack.........

see with the majority of you sports geniuses, between us it goes it goes a little "it's black " say the boys......"actually , it's a little grey and has some white in some places"...says bl.....to which the boys emphatically swear it can only be black and only ever was, until they accidently forgot they were diagreeing and go " perhaps it's a little grey around the edges, and there may even be a little white in there"......and when confronted about that , they say " I mean it's black and if i said grey I mean because black is the obvious foundation of grey, making it really still black, and if I say white , it's because black in absecnce ( appearing white) is still infact black and or vice versa"....................

in summary....go have a toss.....the plan works and so long as the guy doesn't go crazy about it, he'll be sweet and shed the pounds he was wanting to .................

blooming lotus
08-02-2004, 03:31 AM
ps. caught a doco this morn on lower blood proteins in women vs men, the effects of alchol and medicines on levels and recc intakes etc.......I think there's something in that for the athlete........gotta fly...more later

as I was saying......I don't how relevant it is to most of you , except for the girls , personal trainers and any one else who likes to have half a clue what they're talking about, I'm sure it'll be good to know.....generally speaking the standard has for so long been a protein 1 hour post and a complex carb 1-2 hrs post workout..............

If low protein in women ( ??? see todays play list cctv China ) - means women will get drunker faster as clearly stated not to be misunderstood, ovbiously protein inhibits alcohol absorbtion and respectively excess blood protein is directly relative ( probably because of increased viscosity) could be aided by alcohol ( why men can often drink much more ) to assist in metabolism..... as per earlier argumets made on these boards........

Therefore - men more likely to need less protein than women respectively, eg: rather than the 1.25 gm per kg of bw I normally do myself on a full routine, post workout and x several times a day..........and replace that with a higher complex carb intake ( in maintenance or building)..........also makes sense because men have more muscles and womens' blood is taxed differently...........

I have stated prior that a red wine breaks down protein and for those who hadn't read it prior ....there's your link or reference point...........I think that by doing this, because the liver ( blood filter central) gestation period of breakdown is so short it doesn't leave enough time to sufficiently break down those extra proteins ( essential to a high vol regime) or the useless protein wastes and other crap you tend to get with it, and so the alcohol creates something like a false liver effect but in your stomache......resulting in a break down and burn off with max absorbtion in shorter time..........

no doubt you 'd like to argue, but there's the information and reference, do with it what you like...........................

Serpent
08-02-2004, 05:50 PM
I'd like to wipe my arse with it.

But I won't give it the benefit of printing it off.

blooming lotus
08-02-2004, 07:33 PM
you know serps.... I don't ever recall you being supportive or saying a nice word about anyone................and you wonder why I won't give you an on-line assesment???.................how exactly are you dealing with that inner rage you're keeping, what do you suppose caused it, and how do you figure it makes you anything more than a subject of interest................

girl???........domestic violence????...........

don't feel bad, and hate me anyway but, I think you're okay anyway ;)

Toby
08-02-2004, 08:21 PM
Lol @ Eyebrows.

I try, but you make it so hard. The first paragraph makes pretty much no sense at all. Can you rephrase it in English? What exactly are you trying to say? Then your "conclusion" from the nonsensical paragraph is men need less protein than women? Ooookay.

If low protein in women ( ??? see todays play list cctv China ) - means women will get drunker faster as clearly stated not to be misunderstood, ovbiously protein inhibits alcohol absorbtion and respectively excess blood protein is directly relative ( probably because of increased viscosity) could be aided by alcohol ( why men can often drink much more ) to assist in metabolism..... as per earlier argumets made on these boards........

Therefore - men more likely to need less protein than women respectively ...

P.S. I liked the reference you gave. That'd stand up in any bibliography.

IronFist
08-02-2004, 08:41 PM
NOT WORK SAFE!!!
(don't click this link at work)

Yeah (http://doyouspeakenglish.ytmnd.com/)

Serpent
08-02-2004, 10:35 PM
you know serps.... I don't ever recall you being supportive or saying a nice word about anyone................and you wonder why I won't give you an on-line assesment???.................how exactly are you dealing with that inner rage you're keeping, what do you suppose caused it, and how do you figure it makes you anything more than a subject of interest................

girl???........domestic violence????...........

don't feel bad, and hate me anyway but, I think you're okay anyway ;)
I say lots of nice things about lots of people. I was nice to Toby, even though he's a little b!tch. I was nice to Ford and sad to see him go. There's lots of other examples. You see, it's just you that I'm nasty too. And that's because you're nasty. You get back what you put out there, lady - I'd have thought you knew that, being all Buddhist and everything.

Inner rage, eh? Is that a little assessment that you let slip there? Pretty funny. It's not rage. Can you have a long, hard think and guess what it actually is.

Not what you'd like it to be.

What it is.

Toby
08-02-2004, 10:44 PM
Oooh, oooh, oooh, Mr Kot-ter!

Is it contempt?

Disdain?

Repugnance?

Revulsion?

... or love :D.

rubthebuddha
08-03-2004, 12:05 AM
i think it's just gas.

cerebus
08-03-2004, 02:01 AM
Ironfist and Samuel L. Jackson have just riddled the Correct FULL of bullet holes!

(PS, warn us next time it's an audio clip! I thought it was a pic. No one could see my computer screen, but if they'd been passing through the lobby they'd have gotten an earful! :D ).

IronFist
08-03-2004, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by cerebus
Ironfist and Samuel L. Jackson have just riddled the Correct FULL of bullet holes!

(PS, warn us next time it's an audio clip! I thought it was a pic. No one could see my computer screen, but if they'd been passing through the lobby they'd have gotten an earful! :D ).

Sorry, but NWS means NWS. It means don't open it at work. There's not a seperate audio warning and visual warning :)

blooming lotus
08-03-2004, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by Serpent
[B]I say lots of nice things about lots of people. I was nice to Toby, even though he's a little b!tch. I was nice to Ford and sad to see him go. There's lots of other examples. You see, it's just you that I'm nasty too.

] I'm honoured........really ;)

And that's because you're nasty. You get back what you put out there, lady - I'd have thought you knew that, being all Buddhist and everything.

hey................every one tells me I'm the best teacher and all - round chick they've ever met.............thank god for a leveller.........:P

Inner rage, eh? Is that a little assessment that you let slip there? Pretty funny. It's not rage. Can you have a long, hard think and guess what it actually is.

Not what you'd like it to be.

What it is. [/B

Sorry babes...I really feel you like this and I think to continue the discuss we'd have to go to PM...........really hun.........It's how I see you...........decent enough but troubled..........now let's just drop it ha????????????

Ps........if I've ever do rock up- we got a date to spar right???

Toby
08-03-2004, 07:13 PM
hey................every one tells me I'm the best teacher and all - round chick they've ever met.............thank god for a leveller.........:PFunny how there's no evidence to verify this. OTOH you'd be hard pressed to find anyone here agreeing with it. But you keep telling yourself it's true.

blooming lotus
08-03-2004, 07:32 PM
really...........as much as you'd like to believe that, when I'm feeling si yi ban ban ( so so ) it's a great pick up............sorry, like to the humble thing, but the crazy folks treat me like a freaking superstar :confused:

must 've missed something ....................

Ps/.relevance .....zero ............

moving on.............

Toby
08-03-2004, 07:35 PM
Ps/.relevance .....zero ...Unusual. Most of your posts are extremely relevant.

BTW your "." key is still stuck.

blooming lotus
08-03-2004, 07:36 PM
thx :rolleyes:

as usual, you all make the topic about me then write off as my own ego when I respond...............

wtfe..............cheers:rolleyes:

Toby
08-03-2004, 07:47 PM
as usual, you all make the topic about me then write off as my own ego when I respond...Really? I thought it was you that said:

...every one tells me I'm the best teacher and all - round chick they've ever met...So who was it who made the topic about whom? And people dare to write it off as your ego? Hmmm ...

BTW your "." key is still stuck.

blooming lotus
08-03-2004, 08:58 PM
stuck?? bu dong.........no comprhende..........

aaanyway.........who got personal???!!! you an your alter did is who....................I share knowledgable , learned experience / albiet wth half an ear to a decent rebuke, and you insecure lil puppies wanna get into personal attacks...................dong ma.mr. wanna be universe..............ps.danced for the dude himself a bit back, talked shop , and incorperated bits o' what you're getting here...but lucky we have you, 'cause otherwiser....where exactly'dyou think we'd be????? :cool: :rolleyes:

walks away shaking head...............

Toby
08-03-2004, 09:11 PM
... I share knowledgable , learned experience ...Bwahaha! Nice one! Like your knowledgable, learned experience in the pushup thread? Riiight.

...but lucky we have you, 'cause otherwiser....where exactly'dyou think we'd be?????Living in fantasy world with you?

Volcano Admim
08-03-2004, 09:13 PM
please stop fighting on my thread :(

blooming lotus
08-03-2004, 09:51 PM
VA.................you know I'm celibate right now.........stop it, you're embarrsaing me :rolleyes: :D

oh.that was toby............does the guy know the meaning of manogomy..and YES!!!......JUS LIKE THE PUSH UP THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

IF YOU AND SERPENT weren't the person, I'd...................................spar you both.........................at the same time :eek: lol..............:rolleyes: class a trolls the bothayou

Volcano Admim
08-03-2004, 10:26 PM
Come on everybody
Group hug now

Come, come, one by one, join
Iron, Toby, RTB, Serpie (no one gonna try to grab your behinds, be cool), blooming (someone might try to grab your behinds, i must admit), everyone, come one, come all!!
:)

Serpent
08-03-2004, 10:50 PM
LOL @ this whole thread!

Too much fun!

Toby
08-03-2004, 11:09 PM
VA.................you know I'm celibate right now.........stop it, you're embarrsaing me :rolleyes: :D

oh.that was toby............does the guy know the meaning of manogomy..and YES!!!......JUS LIKE THE PUSH UP THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

IF YOU AND SERPENT weren't the person, I'd...................................spar you both.........................at the same time :eek: lol..............:rolleyes: class a trolls the bothayou Wtf is going on here? Xebby says stop fighting and you go on about what exactly? You thought he was propositioning you or something? You're really ranting now looney tunes.

BTW, why would anyone know you're celibate? You were engaged and pregnant 2 weeks ago ... riiiight :rolleyes:

Volcano Admim
08-03-2004, 11:13 PM
* not gonna talk to anyone until everybody gather for the hug *

blooming lotus
08-04-2004, 04:28 AM
request denied

and the imo of my coment was to demonstrate the seriousness which with half your trolls deserve............

cerebus
08-04-2004, 04:43 AM
Aw c'mon, at least give Xebs a hug. But yeah, BL you really can go off on a totally unrelated tangent and make zero sense sometimes. It's okay though, we're used to it by now. :p

blooming lotus
08-04-2004, 04:54 AM
unrelated tangent???....I think if you skipp back, you 'll find that I was the one who tried to bring it back to the original topic and get back onto proteins and physiology................

sometimes there's just no talking sense to someone incapable of it

Ps.....Iron, played that link as a group of students walked by.......cheers

cerebus
08-04-2004, 05:10 AM
I was referring to your going on about celibacy & monogamy. Foolish me, I didn't realize that's what the thread was REALLY about. I guess it's a good thing we have YOU here to keep things on track! :p :p :p

cerebus
08-04-2004, 05:11 AM
And yes, sometimes there really IS no talking sense to someone incapable of it. Gee, who could I be referring to.............?:p

blooming lotus
08-04-2004, 05:23 AM
lets get emotional ha........just taking the p*ss, now let it go........

so about protein...................

cerebus
08-04-2004, 05:34 AM
Emotional? Well, I'm having a good chuckle. I suppose if you call that getting "emotional"..... heh, heh, heh. :p :p :p

Serpent
08-04-2004, 05:28 PM
Ps.....Iron, played that link as a group of students walked by.......cheers

How stupid are you, really? You're having a go at Ironfist becuase you're an idiot? In case you're not following, here's Ironfist's post again:

Originally posted by IronFist
NOT WORK SAFE!!!

Yeah (http://doyouspeakenglish.ytmnd.com/)
Pay special attention to the bit that says

NOT WORK SAFE!!!

Idiot.

blooming lotus
08-04-2004, 05:34 PM
you're such an angry needy boy-man.............

it was a group laugh, and in a hotel lecturing for a local teachers seminar series.............work is home for another 3 wks min........ps............clear your freakin box and play nice

Serpent
08-04-2004, 05:41 PM
It's still not anger. You're really not prepared to rise to my challenge are you.

Not sure if I should clear my inbox if it means that you're going to write to me, but still.... Now cleared out of morbid curiousity.

IronFist
08-04-2004, 08:51 PM
Hehe thanks, serp :D

Serpent
08-04-2004, 08:57 PM
No worries. We can only try....

;)

blooming lotus
08-04-2004, 09:06 PM
;) ..........

Volcano Admim
08-05-2004, 08:16 PM
* a teardrop rolls from xebbys left eye since he still can not talk on his on thread... *

rubthebuddha
08-05-2004, 09:48 PM
ok xebby, here's your on-topic-ness:

atkins diets aren't bad when used as designed (lower refined carbohydrate) by the people for whom they are designed (fat, lazy ****ers). it's like a fat ******* supplementing with n-large or another weight gainer -- the stuff wasn't designed for that type of person/lifestyle.

in honesty, atkins had the right idea. however, people, himself included, took it to extremes and cut out all carbohydrate. that meant they ate little fruit or vegetables, and ate a ****load of meat.

that also meant they had cinderblocks for turds yet no fiber in their diet to push it out. bad results for tummies, very bad results for energy levels and general feeling of well-being. never, EVER walk behind an atkins fanatic -- you never know when you might be hit by projectile masonry.

Toby
08-05-2004, 10:00 PM
Xebby's not crying because we went off-topic. He's crying because we wouldn't have a group hug. Personally I can't picture anything funnier than him, you, Iron, Serp, Eyebrows and me in a group hug :D.

Serpent
08-05-2004, 10:33 PM
A naked group hug.

That'd be funnier.

In a kinda sick and twisted way...

;)

Toby
08-05-2004, 10:37 PM
:eek: :eek: Now you're just scaring me. Analyse that, Eyebrows! Of course, I'm just talking to my other persona at the moment, so you could do an analysis on that, too ;).

Serpent
08-06-2004, 12:31 AM
No, really - come on. Let's all get nekkid!

What are ya? Chicken?

Toby
08-06-2004, 12:39 AM
*Backs away slowly*

I'll leave you all to it.

:D

blooming lotus
08-06-2004, 03:38 AM
who says serpnt has an issue :o :D :( ...............

moving on ................though if it 'll help Xebbs.....................

Ming Yue
08-06-2004, 04:24 AM
psssst.... Xebby...

over here. in the corner out of the way of the main event. Don't look over there, I think they might be naked.

I did atkins for 6 weeks. Two weeks on "induction" and four on highly limited carbs. I lost 5% bodyfat but became very tired . I was lifting at the time and got to the point where I couldn't finish my sets in anything. real fatigued

Just eat whole, good food, keep your fat intake down, get plenty of high quality protein and whole grains.

If you're dropping 1-2lbs a week, you're doing great.

blooming lotus
08-06-2004, 05:07 PM
I think the key to a healthy atkins plan, because complex carns are so low, is to have yourself a quailty vitamin ( with a high iron content) and be particularly vigilant of fluids and electrolites ( potassium, salts etc)...........

Serpent
08-07-2004, 12:18 AM
I think the key to a healthy atkins plan, because complex carns are so low, is to have yourself a quailty vitamin ( with a high iron content) and be particularly vigilant of fluids and electrolites ( potassium, salts etc)...........
And once again you show your complete lack of understanding of basic human physiology and metabolic processes.

Not to mention godawful spelling and grammer.

blooming lotus
08-07-2004, 01:31 AM
au contraire........... it's called creative restructuring..............

one typo is atrocious spelling ha???........thank god you weren't grading my recent students' papers then

cerebus
08-07-2004, 12:41 PM
One typo??? You mean "one typo out of a steady stream of a thousand or so a day" in your case. And if you're actually TEACHING your version of the English language to poor, unsuspecting Chinese students.... let's just hope they never actually have to USE the stuff! :eek:

cerebus
08-07-2004, 12:43 PM
Oh yeah, I also love your term "creative restructuring". Better known as "making it up as you go along". Also known here in the U.S. as "pulling it out of your azz". :p

blooming lotus
08-07-2004, 05:04 PM
whaddya say..........on 20 working hrs a day, 4 wks + many an injury later, love to see what you'd produce ........ regardless..........when you gotta wing it and comprimise your plan, you find a way to continue ( even if does mean getting creative)

cerebus
08-07-2004, 05:32 PM
LOL! You're so full of bullsh!t it's downright hilarious! :D But hey, keep it coming, at least it's funny!:p :p :p

blooming lotus
08-07-2004, 07:09 PM
bus .....cere ...........if that's what you ned to tell yourelf. sweet as babes...............

sleep well..........;) :cool:

Serpent
08-08-2004, 06:05 PM
OK, let's be a bit more constructive in our criticism.

What's wrong with bl's above post?

1. In an Atkins plan, all carbs are low, complex or otherwise. That's the idea.

2. She suggests that as carbs are low, to take a vitamin supplement high in iron. One has nothing to do with the other! As the Atkins dieter is eating heaps of protein, iron is unlikely to be low anyway. Not much iron occurs in carbs, so Atkins is not to blame for low iron anyway.

Same goes for vitamins. Atkins is unhealthy, but it needn't be completely free of vitamins. You can still get them and the fact that carbs are low is irrelevant directly to vitamin intake.

3. She says to be vigilant of fluids and electrolytes. How does this have anything to do with Atkins? Again, fluids and electrolytes should be maintained at good levels regardless and Atkins diet will have no bearing on this one way or the other.

And, for the record, I've highlighted the one spelling mistake. :rolleyes: I still can't believe that you claim to teach English!

blooming lotus
08-08-2004, 06:22 PM
one by one..........

1st.who said all aitkins plans aren't low in carbs???............keto was also metioned and argue about it, but a certain amount of sugar pending the rest of the details are permitted...............

2nd..because complex carbs effect energy and nerve stabilty, a good Iron intake ( where whatever you got prior'd do )will at least minimise some of that............

3. I thought I literated myself so well on that one ( re :- electrolytes).......... aitkins is a ketogenic means and of course it has bearing on your kidneys ( as we all know ) , and therefore fluids and particualrly minerals and salts etc ( commonly known as electrolytes), become extremely more important than at regular times............keto is a hard core thing to do, and kidney malfunction is a common side effect of a long - term plan...... the lower your carb intake the more vigilance required to stay well oiled...........additionally, because carbs are so low and the impact of the carb - deficit tolls engry and heart pumping as our blood life comes from food, hence need for the extra potassium ( and the extra vitamins) to assist the heart to do what it's not getting from the carbs.............

I've been ketoing under high work load for yrs........ if there's one thing I know about, it's this................. trust me, if you do a keto and neglect the above, I am concerned for health, now and later............

Nb -: there is no reason you can't maintain perfect health on a keto plan, you just need to understand the relationships in your body and how to make all your bits play nicely...........

Ming Yue
08-08-2004, 06:30 PM
BL...

a step aside for a moment, why would you choose to go into ketosis? Based on your other statements and your pic, you're plenty lean and have no problems with extra body fat, more likely the opposite.

are you diabetic?

blooming lotus
08-08-2004, 06:33 PM
actually I'm more like intolerant to various flours and jazz, gluten really....... also have a liver thing I need to consider.......... found keto, tailored it and never looked back................

Ming Yue
08-08-2004, 06:38 PM
ok gotcha.

hey, keep answering questions that directly and you're gonna ruin your rep.

;)
:D

blooming lotus
08-08-2004, 06:39 PM
mine or someone elses :rolleyes:

Toby
08-08-2004, 06:52 PM
I've been ketoing under high work load for yrs........ if there's one thing I know about, it's this................. trust me, if you do a keto and neglect the above, I am concerned for health, now and later...You've also been doing BWE under high work load for yrs and they're clearly superior to weights. I'm all ears for your priceless advice.

blooming lotus
08-08-2004, 06:53 PM
if you kindly take your head outta your butt for a sec, lets chat.........

what exactly do want to know???........

Ming Yue
08-08-2004, 06:56 PM
...pulls up a lawn chair and cracks a beer

Toby
08-08-2004, 06:59 PM
Parenting advice, exercise, diet and English. Those seem to be your 4 specialities. Edumucate me, Eyebrows.

*Cheers Ming Yue*

blooming lotus
08-08-2004, 07:02 PM
DUDE.......... 14 + yrs of continual study post highschool...think you'll need to be just a lil more specific............

Toby
08-08-2004, 08:18 PM
Hmmm. OK, how about we start with sarcasm comprehension 101.

blooming lotus
08-08-2004, 08:22 PM
LOL.............. well first, you disclose very little real information , get people to share their own thoughts , then come back with some real information but say it so nicely, they're really not sure you just dissed them or not...............

sarcasm tsk 1.
( listening and writing task)

aim: sarcastic student should make someone question themself before the end of the lesson using wit and humourous word play..................:rolleyes: ;)

pS... just reconsidered that post, and as a teacher, humouring and encouraging students......don't feel bad, sometimes even I forget if liked you or just pretended to ................. that's when you know your good.............

IronFist
08-08-2004, 10:14 PM
Unbelievable.

blooming lotus
08-08-2004, 10:26 PM
no.... you are unbelievable, you big hard as*es.......for a moment you look like grown ups with a solid head, then lo and behold and how you doin :rolleyes: ................

what did happen to the grown ups round here????

IronFist
08-08-2004, 11:26 PM
Haha I'm not even in this discussion. wtf?

Toby
08-08-2004, 11:37 PM
Irony is wasted on the stupid.

Serpent
08-09-2004, 12:05 AM
Can I have a beer, Ming Yue? Can't wait to see where this goes next!

For what it's worth, Atkins or any other kind of keto is very bad in the middle to long term. Basically, anything over a month is playing with fire. If you're going to try talking about it, bl, you should really try to make some sense and qualify your argument. For example, mentioning your gluten intolerance as the driving factor behind your choices says a lot about those choices.

Now tell me, where does the spelling, clarity of speech and fact intolerance come from?

Serpent
08-09-2004, 12:11 AM
So, to look at your response (other than feeling like someone is injecting pure stupid into my head) we find the following:

one by one..........

1st.who said all aitkins plans aren't low in carbs???............keto was also metioned and argue about it, but a certain amount of sugar pending the rest of the details are permitted...............

What? I have no idea what you're saying here or how it is relevant to my point 1.

2nd..because complex carbs effect energy and nerve stabilty, a good Iron intake ( where whatever you got prior'd do )will at least minimise some of that............

But reducing your carb intake is unlikely to have any effect on your iron levels any way, unless you're a strict vego/vegan, in which case you should be watching your iron levels anyway.

3. I thought I literated myself so well on that one

Even that sentence is non-English!

( re :- electrolytes).......... aitkins is a ketogenic means and of course it has bearing on your kidneys ( as we all know ) , and therefore fluids and particualrly minerals and salts etc ( commonly known as electrolytes), become extremely more important than at regular times............keto is a hard core thing to do, and kidney malfunction is a common side effect of a long - term plan...... the lower your carb intake the more vigilance required to stay well oiled...........additionally, because carbs are so low and the impact of the carb - deficit tolls engry and heart pumping as our blood life comes from food, hence need for the extra potassium ( and the extra vitamins) to assist the heart to do what it's not getting from the carbs.............

Well, keto in the long term is a bad idea anyway, and whatever you're doing, keeping hydration and electrolytes up is essential in all cases. However, I will grant you that a higher awareness of water intake is probably a good idea while in keto to try to take some load of the liver and kidneys.

I've been ketoing under high work load for yrs........

Explains a lot, that...

Nb -: there is no reason you can't maintain perfect health on a keto plan, you just need to understand the relationships in your body and how to make all your bits play nicely...........
Yes there is. Keto is bad, mmmkay.

blooming lotus
08-09-2004, 02:29 AM
only if you don't do te above, then it's only potentially bad.....mmmmmkay ...........really :rolleyes:

Ming Yue
08-09-2004, 04:15 AM
...passes a porter to Serp, and one to Iron...

IronFist
08-09-2004, 03:21 PM
::sips, watches::

Serpent
08-09-2004, 04:51 PM
sips, looks quietly around

Hmm, I think it's over. We've never once had a comprehensible, evidence backed reply from bl before, so why are we expecting one now?

Ah well, let's just enjoy the beer. Thanks Ming.

blooming lotus
08-09-2004, 06:05 PM
I can understand anything you say too ............. please see pm faux par :rolleyes:

Ps.... you have quite clearly told us all that because you don't buy a keto plan viability, you have little if any direct experience, ... I have told you I have yrs of experience running it healthily ............... do the math and take a lesson...............

Toby
08-09-2004, 07:35 PM
Ps.... you have quite clearly told us all that because you don't buy a weight plan viability, you have little if any direct experience, ... I have told you I have yrs of experience running it healthily ............... do the math and take a lesson...............

blooming lotus
08-09-2004, 07:42 PM
I didn't say that, .... misunderstood I am .............

aanyway.......... a weight plan depends on your training objective and particular speciality or interst.......... for my purpose ( general conditioning, health, longevity and ma prowess), bwe is working at optimum..... I do plan to rehash on the weights practically, the min I have a few weeks :eek: :eek: , ...............but til then, I'm calling only on the merit of what I know..................

Toby
08-09-2004, 07:45 PM
Once again, irony is wasted on the stupid.

blooming lotus
08-09-2004, 07:51 PM
certainly is ;)

Serpent
08-09-2004, 08:14 PM
So now you admit you're stupid? Finally!

And on what grounds do you assume that I have no direct experience with keto?

blooming lotus
08-09-2004, 11:16 PM
on the grounds that you admit you haven't been able to acheive it healthily .................... and so opted for another plan..............

Serpent
08-09-2004, 11:32 PM
on the grounds that you admit you haven't been able to acheive it healthily .................... and so opted for another plan..............
What? My god, your brain works on a completely different set of facts to everyone else.

Basically, you're assuming that because I disagree with the method I must have tried it and failed to make it work healthily? Am I reading that right?

I'm not going into details, but I have plenty of experience with a variety of dieting methods and from experience, scientific fact and anecdotal evidence, keto based diets are very bad in the medium or long term.

You are a big advocate of the keto method, but you're hardly the poster-girl for physical or mental health, so the basis for your position is seriously flawed anyway.

Dongma!? ............................

blooming lotus
08-09-2004, 11:55 PM
okay, well being that we've never met and you have no true idea of what I understand about people, life and what I and sacrifice to help them, nor how much and what my motivation is , nor that even the most educated and mature of them appreciate my experience more than most educators they meet, as "flawed" as it may be, I 'll take your comments and bank them for future........

and yes...our bodies obviously work differently, I'm a chick, you're a guy.......... I have a liver thing come gluten intolerance to consider academically, scientifically and physiologically, and had to think jus a lil more importantly about such matters for survival and have no doubt considered a bit more deeply than you yourself had need to, and yah......I think outta need I 've thought about it further.............. but no doubt, if we got together, we'd both learn something.............. can you just be grown dude???........or do you want help with something yourself???...............I'm available if neccessary you know............... really :cool:

Serpent
08-10-2004, 10:24 PM
Once again:

Originally posted by Serpent

You are a big advocate of the keto method, but you're hardly the poster-girl for physical or mental health, so the basis for your position is seriously flawed anyway.

You even state that you have a liver/gluten condition which dictates your choices. Ever considered that perhaps that also affects how your body responds to different things, like certain diet regimes, and perhaps that precludes you from stating your experiences as fact for the general populace? A case study of one nutbar is hardly scientific evidence of anything.

Idiot.

blooming lotus
08-11-2004, 03:38 AM
and none of the general poulace has any other individual factors to consider............ besides that, I didn't always have this to consider myself, and certainly not before I began study, nor worked max loads................

nice try though .................

Ps: what day would be complete without logging to a degarory remark from yourself............ good to know my day is now complete :D :rolleyes:

cerebus
08-11-2004, 04:06 AM
Why is it derogatory for someone to point out that you are mistaken and why you are mistaken? Could it be because .................................................. .................................................. ....... (*Jack Nicolson Voice*) YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!

blooming lotus
08-11-2004, 04:21 AM
how's "nasty", stupid, etc etc etc..........

hey, at least the guy's creative about it ( if he really is a guy that is)...........................

cerebus
08-11-2004, 05:09 AM
Aaaah, of course. Any time you're wrong and someone points it out to you, they're being derogatory, nasty, stupid, etc.

But of course when you go on spouting misinformation and nonsense you're just trying "educate" everyone....... mmmm hmmm. You really are sick.

blooming lotus
08-11-2004, 05:15 AM
:confused: ........... that's what he/she said to me and does many times a day........... and when he said nasty .......... I don't think he was meaning mean ;) ...........meiguanxi........pretty resiliant really......

and you're wrong, I love to be shown when I'm wrong........... doesn't hurt to do it civily though.................

unkokusai
08-11-2004, 06:42 AM
:confused: ........... that's what he/she said to me and does many times a day........... and when he said nasty .......... I don't think he was meaning mean ;) ...........meiguanxi........pretty resiliant really......

and you're wrong, I love to be shown when I'm wrong........... doesn't hurt to do it civily though.................

You know, there are these things we call 'sentences'. They are very useful. You really should look into it.

Serpent
08-11-2004, 06:01 PM
how's "nasty", stupid, etc etc etc..........

hey, at least the guy's creative about it ( if he really is a guy that is)...........................
You got me. I'm actually a rabbit. I'm house-bound due to a severe case of myxamytosis, but I've used the time to learn how to type and use a PC.

I get by, one day at a time...

blooming lotus
08-11-2004, 06:43 PM
unko.the "................." thing is purely for dramatic effect..........;)........

Serpent, good luck with your healing :P

Volcano Admim
08-11-2004, 08:02 PM
* wonders why people dislike touching him *
* lost hope for humanity, lost hope for threads and forums *
* goes to bed, hoping to miraculously bypassing the insomnia *

blooming lotus
08-11-2004, 08:04 PM
*nothing some exfoliant , a scrub and moisturiser won't fix
*the forum was doomed from go anyway.....
*optimism is your friend

;) :cool:

rubthebuddha
08-11-2004, 10:48 PM
*the forum was doomed from go anyway.....
*optimism is your friend such a view is about as consistent as tamales on the way out. :(

however, xebby could probalby go for the beauty treatment, provided that the person taking care of him used "confidence-brand" products.

all it takes to let a woman know you may be interested in her: look her in the eye, grab your crotch and start singing nine inch nails' version of "physical." (http://www.songlyrics4u.com/nine-inch-nails/physical.html)

all it takes to let a woman know you may be interested without getting a drink thrown at you is to go up and talk to her.

Toby
08-11-2004, 10:55 PM
unko.the "................." thing is purely for dramatic effect..........;)........Well it's ****ing stupid and ****es us off, so please stop.

blooming lotus
08-12-2004, 08:48 AM
Toby : thought it was too much to expect anything reasonable to fall from your mouth......... er .. um.keyboard.......................

Ps. the drama is staying okay!!!.......................

unkokusai
08-12-2004, 09:32 AM
unko.the "................." thing is purely for dramatic effect..........;)........

It dramatically highlights your inability to construct a sentence.

"Teacher":rolleyes:

blooming lotus
08-12-2004, 09:34 AM
not so adept I can use written structure to express myself more creatively???.......well there's a blow :rolleyes: