PDA

View Full Version : wow, this dummy sucks!

kungfu cowboy
07-15-2001, 11:30 AM
I love the description of the results he got from this (http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=ViewItem&item=1165593693) wooden dummy! Bidding is up to 95 bucks!!

E Pluribus Rectum

old jong
07-15-2001, 02:05 PM
My goodness!....I looked at it and a picture of Bruce Lee on a diet came to my mind!... :eek:

Anarcho
07-15-2001, 03:30 PM
Looks like a Dalek...

Soup is good food.

IronFist
07-15-2001, 08:08 PM
I've got only two words:

Hell yeah!!

I am going to win this auction, so don't even try to out bid me. I will get Iron Arms, and be invincible!!!! You will all cower before my immesnse power I will develop from using this dummy.

http://www.myebaypics.4mg.com/mookjong.jpg

kungfu cowboy
07-15-2001, 10:37 PM
Ironfist: it IS almost worth it in some weird way!

E Pluribus Rectum

kungfu cowboy
07-15-2001, 10:40 PM
I hear the best results are from using Goodyear tires and used household plumbing. I cannot believe the following:

a) somebody is trying to sell this
b) somebody made this
c) somebody USES this to train
d) that I...well, I want one too. :(

E Pluribus Rectum

IronFist
07-15-2001, 11:14 PM
If you look closesly, you'll see that a square on centerline punch would cause your knucles to hit a 90 degree CORNER!

OUCH!

Gluteus Maximus
07-16-2001, 03:04 AM
Hilarious! Looks like some sort of stick insect! Are you sure it's not a Praying Mantis dummy? (No offense intended to that style though!)

IronFist said: "If you look closesly, you'll see that a square on centerline punch would cause your knucles to hit a 90 degree CORNER!
OUCH!"

Haha, exactly! I guess he had to adjust his techniques to suit, and do away with the centreline puch and substitute hooks and haymakers instead, LMFAO!

Max

To know the unseen, you must first learn to see.

Martial Joe
07-16-2001, 03:32 AM
It is just some god old dummy art...

IronFist
07-16-2001, 05:58 AM
Here's my favorite part of his listing:

"If there is a reason you decide not to bid on this please e-mail me and let me know why and I will see what I can do!"

Should we do as he wishes, and email him and tell him why we're NOT bidding?

Iron

PHILBERT
07-16-2001, 06:29 AM
Dude, he wants $50 to send you the blue prints of this thing?! Please! You can locate the blue prints of a wooden one for free and you can build a real one. This is just wrong.

PHILBERT

IronFist
07-16-2001, 06:59 AM
No, the blueprints are for mounting options. $50 actually gets you that 4x4 and metal pipe contraption.

Iron

IronFist
07-16-2001, 07:05 AM
He's got two auctions?!! Do you think he made TWO of those things?!!! I guess no one bid of the $90 one, so he decided to sell it again for $49, but forgot to cancel the first auction. What a fùcking dumbÃ*ss. Hey dìp****, I hope you're reading this. Your dummy is a piece of crÃ*p and no one is going to buy it. There, consider THAT my email to you in response to "If there is a reason you decide not to bid on this please e-mail me and let me know why and I will see what I can do" Hey, do you have tough hands from punching that 90º angle centerline?

Iron

TjD
07-16-2001, 01:34 PM
**** ya'll have some serious pent up aggression :) yes his dummy does suck and no i wouldnt train on it... but for real now, its better than NO dummy; and 50$ isnt that bad a deal :) hey its got metal in it!

i spend over a grand for my dummy; and while personally i think it was worth every penny, many people probably dont have the loot to spend on a decent dummy, or the time to build one themselves (which is a b1tch and a half)

peace
trav

if you never get into a fight,
you can never be defeated,
if you can never be defeated,
you are invincible

kungfu cowboy
07-16-2001, 03:20 PM
While I see your point, and appreciate the human condition, from a purely mechanistic/existential viewpoint; THIS DUMMY SUCKS!! :D

E Pluribus Rectum

TjD
07-16-2001, 04:14 PM
yeah it does suck :) and its pretty funny looking - kinda like that x-mas tree in the charlie brown christmas special.... i just feel sorry for it

anyhow, itd be fine to practice the 1st section of the dummy (no centerline punches), and mabye the 6th too (with sneakers)... but uhm yea other than that.... :)

i think the biggest problem is that there probably isnt enough cement holding it up :) we've ripped our dummy out of the walls a few times in class... a tire fulla cement isnt gonna be able to handle that kinda abuse

hey mabye if you did enough centerline punches on it it would round it a little bit

itd be good for conditioning your knucles anyhow :)

peace
trav

if you never get into a fight,
you can never be defeated,
if you can never be defeated,
you are invincible

kungfu cowboy
07-16-2001, 04:23 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> yeah it does suck and its pretty funny looking - kinda like that x-mas tree in the charlie brown christmas special.... i just feel sorry for it[/quote]

LOL!! I can see it now: "Its a Wing Chun Christmas, Charlie Brown" :D

E Pluribus Rectum

IronFist
07-17-2001, 06:03 AM
Actually, TjD, I would prefer no dummy to that dummy :)

Iron