update in a bit

Starchaser107
08-02-2004, 01:07 PM
soon

Starchaser107
08-02-2004, 01:08 PM

Shaolinlueb
08-02-2004, 01:12 PM
about darn time someone answered this thread. nice SC.

how did you place?

is that wushu eagle claw you do or traditional?

Starchaser107
08-02-2004, 01:13 PM
(posted earlier in ora)

hung out with enpee, i punked out on the superman ride @ six flags
met meatshake ,he seemed pretty cool. (he took a pic of cpa to show folks they weren't split personalities.
unfortunately did not get to see his (meat shakes) shui chio
they postponed his match till late on saturday
and i had an early flight today back to denver sunday morning so i had to bounce outta there earlyish.
also met gene and, philbert, sow choy ,glw
and a bunch of other cool people,
texas is fun , i love the climate
and from what i saw in dallas the girls seemed mighty pretty.

well, that's it for now.
i hope everyone did well, and had fun.
peace

(update)

I believe NP won 2 gold ,int. ( sabre , and open weapon {fan})
I think Meatshake won Bronze , (Shui Chio)
I got 2 gold adv.(eagle & open empty hand) 1 bronze (longfist)

Starchaser107
08-02-2004, 01:13 PM
traditional.

Kristoffer
08-02-2004, 02:03 PM
cool

GeneChing
08-02-2004, 02:09 PM
Last Friday, I was scheduled to fly out of OAK at 10:15AM to Dallas, TX, my least favorite state on American, for a huge Chinese martial arts tournament that I’ve been covering for several years now. We were told our airplane had a broken pump and was in repairs. Since Dallas is a hub for American, and the following flights were very full, all the transfers had priority and I was bumped. I was shuttled to SFO for a 5:00PM with six other wayward travelers with Dallas final destinations. Our shuttle got a flat, so we had to hustle a second shuttle. I was reading Sartre’s No Exit for the first time – it’s an existential play about being in hell – too fitting, almost prophetic. I came into Dallas after midnight – everything was closed and I missed my ride, and of course, I forgot where I was going. There I was, abandoned in a desolate airport, with no cell and a lot of broken pay phones, in the sweltering state that brought Dubya, and I’m thinking in a week, I must be on the banks of Eel river to soak up the irie vibe supervising the psych crew at www.reggaeontheriver.com.

Five days to go: working for the next day;

Dallas was blazing hot, but the venue AC was so high it was chilly. The tournament was a hell of a lot of work, as always, but it was great to meet and hang out with NP, Philbert, Meat Shake and Starchaser. I was very pleasantly delighted to discover that our member actually have some skill and are not the web poseurs that I often imagine them to be. :eek: :p I had to rise at 7:00AM Dallas time – the fights went late so I didn’t get back to my hotel until 1:30AM – I was going to go out drinking with sow choy but passed out as I was waiting for my camera batteries to recharge.

Four days to go: working for the next day;

Did your read the news Sunday morning? American airlines went offline for two hours that morning. Remember I said Dallas is a hub? I should also mention here that it is under construction. I’ve never been through a more chaotic experience – hordes of people, every single one at least two hours late, gates closed (a plane arrived into the gate I was trying to get in on standby and the workers had no idea which plane it was – they were so stressed and confused), flights were being cancelled at the gates only minutes before boarding, people were angry, uncomfortable, freaking out, few chairs due to construction, it was madness. I got to bed at 3:30AM this morning.

Say we got: three days to go now: working for the next day;

Back in the office. My email server is still malfunctioning, but it’s sort of a blessing. I have to sift through some 5000+ spams after this.

Two days to go (ooh): working for the next day, yeah.

Tomorrow, I’ll make a serious effort to catch up at work. Next week is our ad close, which means submission deadline will put the crunch on right when I get back from wokring the music festival. But it's my charity work. Got to do the good work. I don't beleive you're a true Kung Fu man unless you're doing something for charity.

Say we got: one day to go: working for the –
Every day is work

By the way, did I mention that my wife is repainting and recarpeting our house? See, this is what happens when my wife finishes her MA and is left with too much free time. All our furniture is strewn across the house, stacks upon stack of books, rooms that still need to be cleared, and the week after the festival, she’s taking off to Tassajara Zen center for a massage gig she has for a week, leaving me as a single dad. So I might be a little vacant here on the forum for a while, but I'll check in when I can. No rest for the wicked, you know... :cool:

Shen Zhou
08-02-2004, 02:33 PM
Gene I love the Rasta Fanny Pack........ I did not want bother you you looked pretty busy. I was one of the judges in the N. Praying Mantis division. I think I saw Meat as well. Did you have the Kangol Hat on? Anyway it was good to at least see some people.

Shen Zhou

Starchaser107
08-02-2004, 02:49 PM
hmmnn..
wasn't n. preying mantis and eagle claw the same ring. or did u guys switch panels?

Shen Zhou
08-02-2004, 02:51 PM
Yeah that was me............ I think I judged you in forms........

Starchaser107
08-02-2004, 02:53 PM
if that's the case then , you did.
i was wondering where you were
for some reason i was under the impression thtat you were competing so it didn't cross my mind to think you'd be judging.

Starchaser107
08-02-2004, 03:01 PM
was this you in the far left ?

Shen Zhou
08-02-2004, 03:03 PM
Yeah I was but at the last minute I decided not to and just to hang out. Then the judging thing came up and I did that. I really wanted to see the Shui Jaio, Baqua, and Chi Shou but missed it all. I got to hook up with a few of my people from the S. Mantis group. Always a pleasure to get up with them. But thats about it i had a DJ gig that night. I wish i did not that that was the worst party i have ever done. I did it for a friend for 50 bucks. Low pay+ no women+ heat+kids asking me to play Nelly every 5 seconds=Very unhappy Shen Zhou.

Starchaser107
08-02-2004, 03:10 PM
well , that sux,

some other time then bro

norther practitioner
08-02-2004, 03:53 PM
Yeah, gold in sabre, gold in open weapon (fan), bronze in Yang Style Taiji (got a time deduction).

PHILBERT
08-02-2004, 04:08 PM
I didn't get to compete this year because I'd never competed before. I didn't know what all to expect so I went this year merely to watch and dictate. Next year though I will have to try the San Shou out and some other things.

norther practitioner
08-02-2004, 04:16 PM
Oh, and I got to meet a few headz, and our newest member...
Dogchow 108.

GeneChing
08-02-2004, 04:32 PM
Shen Zhou, you should have bothered me. I was busy for sure, but mostly busy talking to people. That's what a lot of it is about for me at such events now. Glad you dig the pack. You weren't the only one to notice. Shaolin Rasta must unite!!! ;)

NP, isn't there something that you're not sharing about that sabre gold :p

norther practitioner
08-02-2004, 04:35 PM
What, the fact I made up 1/3 of the form, yeah... great stuff...lol

Shaolinlueb
08-02-2004, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by norther practitioner

LOL nice NP.

hey gene so i take it you probably didnt get my email of the article i was going to send you?

PHILBERT
08-02-2004, 08:50 PM
When they did the opening Taiji form, where all those people ran out and began doing Taiji, I was thinking of running out there too, stand behind some guys and copy there movements just for the hell of it.

I decided not to though.

Shaolinlueb
08-03-2004, 05:03 AM
i actually talked to some girl i know from dallas. thats what she did. :o

GeneChing
08-03-2004, 09:32 AM
I didn't receive any article from you. Where did you send it?

Copying the taiji, that's a good one. I used to be tempted to go out for the sun taiji, since usually only half a dozen people do that. now that they do it all together, it's quite an amusing scene - chaos in slow motion. it's better that way, methinks...

Shaolinlueb
08-03-2004, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by GeneChing
I didn't receive any article from you. Where did you send it?

Copying the taiji, that's a good one. I used to be tempted to go out for the sun taiji, since usually only half a dozen people do that. now that they do it all together, it's quite an amusing scene - chaos in slow motion. it's better that way, methinks...

mid week last week.
do you want me to send it agian?

red5angel
08-03-2004, 10:31 AM

AWESOME! Now di dyou make it up while you were out there doing ?! :D

DoGcHoW108
08-03-2004, 10:50 AM
Yo!

Well, i can finally post here!

The tourney was pretty cool...i only noticed on my way back to the hotel on saturday that i was in that building 10 HOURS!?

Didn't compete, but i got to see some of you guys do it. Starchaser- that thing at the end with the fan- nice...

BTW, who's who here?

Sow Choy
08-03-2004, 12:00 PM
Yo,

It was nice to see some of you at Taji Legacy, I met NorthernPrac & StarChaser, wish we had more time to hang out. Hung with my boy Gene, had a great time talkin to you, wish we also had more time. But I really love the whole feel at this tournament, Sifu Jimmy Wong to me is a great guy who cares about people and about Kung Fu, hats off to him and his students.

I really was impressed with Tammy Lee, Sifu Hoy Lee's daughter from the Jow Ga school in VA. Wow, she is awesome. Nice to see such a high level of traditional kung fu, as well as most of the Chin Woo students. Its not easy to be so organized the way they are, and year after year, mad props...

Wish I could have seen Starchaser or Northern, but Starchasers pics are very nice...

Those Shaolin kids were cute with their warm-up form, and all the people I met were so nice, not much politics or problems that i saw there...

Peace,

Joe

norther practitioner
08-03-2004, 12:35 PM
Yeah, Jimmy does an awsome job. They have there usual tournament woes... but man, they do a good job.

Dogchow, I was the one with the fan and the pushing ;) ss

The dude from a jow gar school who did a fan form after me, in the advance, he was doing it, that was sick.

Now di dyou make it up while you were out there doing

Yeah, it was like, wo, where am I in the form, I didn't really want to hold the posture any longer, so I just started doing a different part of the form, then worked all of it back into itself.

Starchaser107
08-03-2004, 03:24 PM
yeah i'd love to take credit for flipping the fan but it was all n.p.
nice meeting you dogchow , keep up your hsing-I.

sow choy , it would have been cool to go knock back a few brewski afterwards , and talk clf but , had an early flight , hopefully we'll all meet again.

gene I just ordered a pair of black feiyus , and mentioned that you did a good job in promo :cool: ,
good luck at the reggae on the river
peace

DoGcHoW108
08-03-2004, 03:30 PM
Aha...okay now i get it...i think.

NP you had the purple thingie...Starchaser, you were NP's classmate?

Okay, then there was this dude from JAmaica with a white uniform also...who was he/is he posting here? wait...now i'm thinking that's Starchaser

just getting things straight...

DoGcHoW108
08-03-2004, 03:35 PM
Op, nevermind, looked at the pics. im pretty sure i got it now, lol...

Starchaser107
08-03-2004, 03:35 PM
yeah, thats me in the white uniform ..from jamaica.

lol.

who was that chick with hthe jewel in her forehead?

GeneChing
08-03-2004, 03:45 PM
Shaolinlueb: Resend to gene@kungfumagazine.com

DoGcHoW108: I know what you mean about 10 hours. All I saw was the inside of that building for two days.

Sow Choy: I'm glad we did finally have that beer, but it was only a tease really. It did give a fond memory - Wu goes wee wee. You know what I mean ;) . As for Tammy, I just approved a new member going by the name Tammy Lee. Is it the real Tammy Lee? We can only hope.

Starchaser107: Thanks for the props on the order. Someone did show it to me and I didn't recognize the email name at first - not until I saw the state. JAMAICA NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE!!!

norther practitioner
08-03-2004, 03:45 PM
We're not really classmates...
I train with Chaser when he comes up, as I don't have a real kung fu class at my school now. And I'm nice and chill with him when I'm bored ;)

DoGcHoW108
08-03-2004, 03:54 PM
Gene- I hear that- on Saturday i wore those hard-bottom shoes. Wow, last time i'm ever wearing those for anything that involves more than two hours of standing.

NP- Hey if i'm ever in CO, I'll try to meet up with you. My teacher, Marcus, is from Boulder. Interesting how much ends up in CO.

SC- dude, that chick with the Jewel on her forehead--- Hmm, she came with this guy i met there last year, Bubba (actual name)- he had long, red curly hair with a bandanna. Nice guy. The girl- if i've ever met a tree-hugging, vegetarian, refuse-to shave her legs and armpits hippie, thats the one. She was really nice tho, and apparently she had practiced either some kind of wushu or shaolin before. Did some seminars.

Speaking of which, did anyone here do any of the monks' seminars?

norther practitioner
08-03-2004, 04:07 PM
Just you I think.. unless someone isn't fessin' up to being there.

Shaolinlueb
08-03-2004, 05:53 PM
i saw hoy lees daughter do a spear form last year at wongs and i was like "oh junk shes good"

Jow Ga people i see are always impressive. doubel daggers i have scene and some hand forms and weapon ones. all hoy lee's people. then again he probably doesnt take jsut any students to tournies.

Gene - Ill resend tomorrow. its 3mb pdf zipped , do they block files that big?

kungfuchic
08-03-2004, 08:35 PM
ahh the only thing left in pandora's box...yes it is me, tammy lee

i wanna say that i had a blast in dallas. it was great meeting new people. the tournament itself ran pretty smoothly, propZ to Jimmy Wong and Chin Woo.

Starchaser107
08-03-2004, 09:22 PM
congrats

Volcano Admim
08-03-2004, 09:29 PM
hey...

a/s/l

Volcano Admim
08-03-2004, 10:45 PM
is that a "no"?

hmm...

ok

MasterKiller
08-04-2004, 05:47 AM
Originally posted by DoGcHoW108
Speaking of which, did anyone here do any of the monks' seminars? My kung fu brother took the Shaolin staff seminar. He liked it.

Hey NP, I think your Sifu talked to my Sifu for a little bit. My Sifu showed him some staff work or something.

GeneChing
08-04-2004, 09:16 AM
Welcome to the KungFuMagazine.com forum Tammy! You had a lot of the tournament people talking - the new belle of the ball! Your kung fu looks great! Now don't let the boys here give you too much cheek. Such is the nature of forums.

Be nice, guys - don't scare her off like so many others. Although given what we saw in Dallas, I'm sure Tammy has the skills to deal with the likes of you all. ;)

red5angel
08-04-2004, 09:21 AM
is that a "no"?

ah xebs is even working it on the kungfu forum, and still getting dissed.

Shaolinlueb
08-04-2004, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by red5angel
ah xebs is even working it on the kungfu forum, and still getting dissed.

I thought he was kidding around then i noticed the time inbetween posts

08-03-2004 04:29 PM 1st one
08-03-2004 05:45 PM 2nd one

poor xebs

norther practitioner
08-04-2004, 11:29 AM
Hey NP, I think your Sifu talked to my Sifu for a little bit. My Sifu showed him some staff work or something.

The wushu guy?

If so, yeah, they were joking around for a bit... both judging in the wushu ring.

norther practitioner
08-04-2004, 11:31 AM
kungfuchic,

If I'm thinking of the right person, which I think I am, I only got to see a little bit of one of your forms, but what can I say, you know how to work it.

norther practitioner
08-04-2004, 11:55 AM
Oh, and good demo... lol

MasterKiller
08-04-2004, 01:09 PM
The wushu guy?

If so, yeah, they were joking around for a bit... both judging in the wushu ring. Yeah, he's my Chin Na instructor.

norther practitioner
08-04-2004, 01:11 PM
Word, he did a little diddy, skipping around a couple of the kids, etc...

wushu, kung fu, taiji, and chin na?..

where is he out of?

MasterKiller
08-04-2004, 01:18 PM
Word, he did a little diddy, skipping around a couple of the kids, etc...

wushu, kung fu, taiji, and chin na?..

where is he out of? He was on the Hubei professional team (China), and taught Self-defense to the South African police dept for a few years. He's a bad mammy jammy.

norther practitioner
08-04-2004, 01:36 PM
They were giving each other some shiz.. it was funny... Christophe was asking what his specialty was, and he was like.. everything...lol

MasterKiller
08-05-2004, 06:02 AM
They were giving each other some shiz.. it was funny... Christophe was asking what his specialty was, and he was like.. everything...lol :D

It's true, though. He knows traditional, he knows wushu, he knows internal, he knows SC....his specialty is Fanzi Quan. He's in his mid 40s and does the best butterfly twist I've ever seen in person. He was in some movies and TV shows in China when he was younger, but nothing I've ever been able to get my hands on.

Starchaser107
08-05-2004, 07:22 AM
if anybody has pics from the tournament and is so inclined to share, feel free to drop me a pm. thanks

norther practitioner
08-05-2004, 09:39 AM
MK, it sort of seemed like that...

Chaser, let me know if you get ahold of anything good.

kungfuchic
08-06-2004, 10:12 PM
thanks for the warm welcome gene! and as for everything else, keep in mind, this is only a kung fu forum.:rolleyes:

DoGcHoW108
08-07-2004, 02:27 AM
dont tell them that!

-covers everyone's ears-

Shaolinlueb
08-07-2004, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by kungfuchic
thanks for the warm welcome gene! and as for everything else, keep in mind, this is only a kung fu forum.:rolleyes:

ohh but we talk about so many other things. cool things, like star wars, and comic books :D :p :o ;)

sorry guys I think i chased her away with that :(

kungfuchic
08-08-2004, 06:29 PM
oic now...hehe now i've had some time to browse thru other threads and see the multitude of useless and funny topics, videos, links etc.

Starchaser107
08-08-2004, 09:26 PM
we aim to please

Shaolinlueb
08-08-2004, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by Starchaser107
we aim to please

yes we do, dont we :D

Meat Shake
08-09-2004, 10:58 AM
"yes we do, dont we "

Yes.
Sometimes.

Actually only on seldom occasion, or when the price is right.

:confused:

Which demo was Kungfuchic in?

Starchaser107
08-09-2004, 11:41 AM
i dunno,
i didn't get to see
but judging from all the reference to jow-gar i'm gonna take a wild ass guess and say southern long female. possibly advanced.

but it's anybodys guess really :p

oh and masters demo with the jow gar

Shaolindynasty
08-10-2004, 09:02 AM
Yeah I'm a week late with my report so everybodys probally done talking anyway..... I hung out mostly with my kungfu brothers that weekend so I probally didn't meet to many new people there. I saw gene there but I was talking to my sifu at the time. I did meet Joe and had a few beers with him and my sihing Phil Ng which I haven't seen in like 2 years. Hey Joe I'll have to come down to florida sometime to train with you guys.

I competed in Choy Lay Fut forms and got silver(only me and my kungfu brother rick competed in that division) I would have liked to competed against some other CLF guys but oh well. I also competed in continous sparring and got silver there also. My kungfu brother rick won 4 gold medals. We did pretty good overall I've been thinking of full contact next year.

Starchaser107
08-10-2004, 09:12 AM
dynasty
u got a gang of pop ups on your site man!

anyway ,
congrats.

Shaolindynasty
08-10-2004, 09:15 AM
yeah sorry about the pop ups. It's a free site, it should be down anyway

GeneChing
08-10-2004, 09:36 AM
this is only a kung fu forum Ah yes, but forums rule the web and the web rules the world.

OK, maybe not. Nevertheless, never let it be said that a warm welcome was left unextended to a new CMA lady here. My lord, such twisted grammer, from a writer no less. Those of you who know where I went after Taiji Legacy can probably guess why... I mentioned to your dad that if you are ever in the neighborhood (SF area) you must come by the office and let us give you the tour. He mentioned that you did some modelling for Jonie - maybe you'd do some for us. If not, that's cool, still be sure to come by if you're ever in town. :) We extend THIS invitation to everyone on the forum. (but the modelling one to only a few ;) ).

Shaolinlueb
08-10-2004, 11:14 AM
(but the modelling one to only a few ;) ).

oooh but i would look good in the sports bra's. :( :cry:

Sow Choy
08-10-2004, 11:52 AM
Dynasty,

Anytime you are welcome...

Modeling? Well Sifu Jimmy keeps calling me handsome joe... I am not complaining, lol

Joe

Meat Shake
08-10-2004, 02:22 PM
Yes. Gene fears the B-boy pose.

GeneChing
08-10-2004, 03:01 PM
...yeah, you could model for us next time you're in town.

Meat Shake: nobody on this forum busts out the b-boy pose like you. ;)

Shaolinlueb: I can't even respond to your post...that mental image...oooh, you're a bad man. :eek:

Shaolinlueb
08-10-2004, 04:50 PM
Shaolinlueb: I can't even respond to your post...that mental image...oooh, you're a bad man. :eek:

:o mwuah? bad image?... okay okay, how about a kung fu uniform, we'll get one of those "masters" out of the picture for a nobody? :D :p

kungfuchic
08-11-2004, 10:23 PM
sound kool gene. i probably will be in sf sometime in my life. don't know when but i'll definitely come by and visit.

GeneChing
08-12-2004, 09:45 AM
Shaolinlueb - this is our sports bra model (http://www.martialartsmart.net/6020.html) - but we're discontinuing that line so no more such modeling. :(
:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

kungfuchic - You're always welcome here, as is everyone from the forum. We offer a personal tour of the facility to forum members. Of course, we only offer modelling opportunities to champions that are easy on the eye. ;)

Shaolinlueb
08-12-2004, 11:06 AM
Shaolinlueb - this is our sports bra model (http://www.martialartsmart.net/6020.html) - but we're discontinuing that line so no more such modeling. :(
:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

dude i got her beat :D

Starchaser107
08-12-2004, 11:08 AM
sacrelege!!!

GeneChing
08-12-2004, 02:01 PM
oooh, you're a bad man.

norther practitioner
08-12-2004, 04:24 PM
dynasty, were you on the shuttle with your sifu on the way up to the hotel?

Shaolinlueb
08-12-2004, 05:33 PM
oooh, you're a bad man.

:cool: :D

norther practitioner
08-13-2004, 06:34 AM
Yeah, don't do that again Lueb.

straightblast5
08-13-2004, 01:53 PM
Having the chance to take a brief vacation from my work in HK, I was fortunate enough to make it to Taiji Legacy, one of my favorite US tournaments, this year. It was a blast to hang out with some old friends (namely Handsome Joe) and to watch my students and sihing-dai compete.

I’m very rarely impressed by anyone demonstrating southern traditional forms. But once again, I was flabbergasted by Tammy Lee’s performance. It’s a rare but extremely welcome sight to see someone do southern traditional forms so well these days. Definitely a highlight for me. (Thanks for sending us pictures from the tournament, Tammy…I’m sure my father will send some to your father soon)...

Philip Ng
Ng Family Chinese Martial Arts Association (http://www.ngfamilymartialarts.com)

GeneChing
08-13-2004, 01:57 PM
Who's gonna start the Tammy Lee fan club? :cool:

straightblast5
08-13-2004, 02:04 PM
Oh whatever Gene, you asked her to "model" for you... I just complemented her on her form... ;)

Philip Ng
Ng Family Chinese Martial Arts Association (http://www.ngfamilymartialarts.com)

GeneChing
08-13-2004, 04:41 PM
I think we all love to see a new Kung Fu engenue. There are few things more beautiful, especially when it's a traditionalist. :cool:

Shaolindynasty
08-15-2004, 07:31 PM
Norther practitioner, Yeah I rode the shuttle to the airport with my sifu and kungfu brothers. Are you the "other" guy that was there?

norther practitioner
08-16-2004, 06:55 AM
That would be affirmative.

Starchaser107
08-16-2004, 09:42 AM
You're ALIVE
praise Jesus!!!

Shaolindynasty
08-17-2004, 05:01 PM
cool, I was the bald white guy with the tatoo on his neck

norther practitioner
08-17-2004, 05:31 PM
Oh, right on...

GeneChing
08-18-2004, 10:37 AM
Man, I tell you all to find me for the forum pic. This year we only got like five of you, but obviously there were a lot more. Next year...

Note: We don't have to do it all together - that's really hard with everyone's commitment to the events. So we do it separately and collage it digitally.

MasterKiller
08-18-2004, 10:41 AM
Why don't you collage me in from last year's pics? :D

GeneChing
08-18-2004, 01:13 PM
...you weren't there this year. :confused:

MasterKiller
08-18-2004, 01:15 PM
...you weren't there this year. :confused: What's your point? :p

I have a strong suspicion that issue sold out just because my picture was in it. If you want to sell more magazines, I suggest adding more pictures of me.

norther practitioner
08-18-2004, 05:54 PM
:rolleyes:

I think we all know the real reason that issue sold out so fast..

GLW and his baby were in it.

GeneChing
08-19-2004, 09:33 AM
Gigi likes to take pictures of babies. As a weird aside, I intentionally tried not to take any photos of kids at the last Taiji Legacy. Not sure why, really... my camera just didn't seem to want to go there this time. Now I wish I had taken more shots of Tammy Lee....

I missed GLW for our forum shoot too. I've decided that our forum shoot is more on you guys than me. If you want to be in forum member pics when I'm shooting at a tournament, you gotta find me. It's way too hard for me to find all of you. Unless you all wear name tags that say "Hello! My name is backbreaker" :eek:

Starchaser107
08-19-2004, 10:29 AM
i have a pic of glw while he was judging.

MasterKiller
08-19-2004, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Starchaser107
i have a pic of glw while he was judging. Do you keep it under your pillow?

Starchaser107
08-19-2004, 10:45 AM
yes

rubthebuddha
08-19-2004, 02:09 PM
Unless you all wear name tags that say "Hello! My name is backbreaker" that chump's whole fuggin body would be covered in his various nametags.

GeneChing
08-19-2004, 03:23 PM
Starchaser107, your reply to MasterKiller was wrong in sooo many ways...:eek:

Is Tammy still here or did we scare her off?

Starchaser107
08-19-2004, 03:45 PM
I hope we didn't.

and erm , what else was I supposed to say really :cool: .

tammy wherever you are don't leave us!

(she's probably training, unlike us posers though)

Shaolinlueb
08-19-2004, 04:42 PM
Starchaser107, your reply to MasterKiller was wrong in sooo many ways...:eek:

Is Tammy still here or did we scare her off?

i dont know, i went up to her at wong. i think i might have scared her off. :( sorry guys. :p

norther practitioner
08-19-2004, 06:01 PM
Y'all scare me some...

Gene, what did you get vid and pics of, or is it more what didn't you get vid and pics of.

Shaolinlueb
08-19-2004, 07:30 PM
Y'all scare me some...

Gene, what did you get vid and pics of, or is it more what didn't you get vid and pics of.

get back to work :p

norther practitioner
08-19-2004, 08:27 PM
shhhhhhhhhhh ;)

Starchaser107
08-19-2004, 09:44 PM
buggin out on that late shift eh.
i dunno bout saturday, i'll give you a call bro.

norther practitioner
08-20-2004, 05:10 AM
Not really, not yet at least....

GeneChing
08-20-2004, 09:23 AM
I'm sure it was Shaolinlueb with his very bad, bad sportsbra1.jpg two pages back. Bad Shaolinlueb! Bad! Bad! We gotta rub his nose in it to be sure that he doesn't do ever again.

As for pics and video, mostly I did video this year. Our videocam has a videograb function that allows me to catch action frames easily (and at our required 300 dpi minimum for the print mag). This means I shoot kinda funny like. I shoot videos for stills. Since I have to crawl through all the footage, I generally don't catch complete sets, only samples where I might be able to get a good screen grab. Got to be very practical and efficient here, doncha know... I've had people look at my video and go "wtf?" but it all makes sense when you see the screen grabs. The main pics I took was the forum group, and we have to digitally fuse it together since I couldn't get everyone at the same time (only a few). We have a few to add to that group shot.

Starchaser107
08-20-2004, 09:31 AM
sounds pretty cool.

Shaolinlueb
08-20-2004, 04:02 PM
I'm sure it was Shaolinlueb with his very bad, bad sportsbra1.jpg two pages back. Bad Shaolinlueb! Bad! Bad! We gotta rub his nose in it to be sure that he doesn't do ever again.

what can I say? i look sexy in a sports bra :D ;) :o

GeneChing
08-20-2004, 04:57 PM
You need a good swatting on the nose with a tightly-rolled magazine (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/magazine/index.php). Naughty Shaolinlueb!

Shaolinlueb
08-20-2004, 07:01 PM
You need a good swatting on the nose with a tightly-rolled magazine (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/magazine/index.php). Naughty Shaolinlueb!

NOOOO my nose is finally not black and blue from Wongs anymore :( but still hurts. how about on the head instead? :D

GeneChing
08-23-2004, 09:49 AM
Now that's instant karma, ain't it? Let that stand as a warning to anyone who might tamper with Tammy (http://store1.yimg.com/I/martialartsmart_1804_29053255). :mad:

Shaolinlueb
08-23-2004, 10:19 AM
Now that's instant karma, ain't it? Let that stand as a warning to anyone who might tamper with Tammy (http://store1.yimg.com/I/martialartsmart_1804_29053255). :mad:

hey dont harass me like that, i jsut might!!! :o :D

Starchaser107
08-23-2004, 10:26 AM
...sharpening broadsword

Shaolinlueb
08-23-2004, 10:43 AM
...tieing up running shoes :D

GeneChing
08-23-2004, 02:34 PM
Karma will get you inevitably. Haven't you learned your lesson?

Shaolinlueb
08-23-2004, 08:46 PM
Karma will get you inevitably. Haven't you learned your lesson?

does she work in the office too? ;) :o

norther practitioner
08-24-2004, 05:31 AM
Right on Gene, sounds cool...

Lueb.. get a clue ;)

...sharpening broadsword

Don't lie, we both know you didn't bring it :D

GeneChing
08-24-2004, 10:05 AM
Karma works everywhere. :cool:

Shaolinlueb
08-24-2004, 10:34 AM
Karma works everywhere. :cool:

karma the "energy/belief" or the chick in the pic? im confused :o

GeneChing
08-25-2004, 10:10 AM
im confused I'll say. One look at that sports bra pic of yours and your confusion is quite self-evident. :p

Starchaser107
08-25-2004, 10:17 AM
HaaaHaaa

lube just got punk'd by admin

Shaolinlueb
08-25-2004, 12:45 PM
Yeah I know SC no need to rub it in.

I'll say. One look at that sports bra pic of yours and your confusion is quite self-evident. :p

good thing i dont take the internet serious or else i might be offended :o :D good one though gene, I like it.

GeneChing
08-25-2004, 01:44 PM
After meeting face-2-face in Hoboken, Shaolinlueb, I know you can take it. ;) Besides, Tammy didn't leave after all and even started her own thread, so all is forgiven.

Well, maybe not all. I just can't look at the sports bra shots anymore without seeing Shaolinlueb defilement. Just have to shoot some fresh sports bra shots, I guess...

Shaolinlueb
08-25-2004, 06:23 PM
After meeting face-2-face in Hoboken, Shaolinlueb, I know you can take it. ;) Besides, Tammy didn't leave after all and even started her own thread, so all is forgiven.

Well, maybe not all. I just can't look at the sports bra shots anymore without seeing Shaolinlueb defilement. Just have to shoot some fresh sports bra shots, I guess...

yeah I can take it ;) :)
fresh shots of the ladies are always nice :frisky:

kungfuchic
08-25-2004, 09:35 PM
aiyahh....guys...

Starchaser107
08-25-2004, 09:36 PM
girl?

Shaolinlueb
08-26-2004, 07:28 AM
woman?

GeneChing
08-26-2004, 09:32 AM
guys, girls, women - learn to distinguish the difference. :p

Shaolinlueb
08-26-2004, 10:34 AM
guys, girls, women - learn to distinguish the difference. :p

LMAO oh man :p

GeneChing
08-26-2004, 01:27 PM
fresh shots of the ladies are always nice :frisky: Now I'm afraid that you'll defile my next photo shoot. It's messing up my game. And Design Sifu and I have a shoot scheduled in about an hour with MartialArtsMargie... :rolleyes:

Shaolinlueb
08-26-2004, 01:35 PM
nah i wont "defile" as you call it, any more pictures. i call it artisticlly bringing it to the next level ;)

GeneChing
08-27-2004, 09:31 AM
Well, that shoot went well. We had such a good time that we completely forgot any *threats* of next level defilement from shaolinlueb. You'll see the pics of Margie in my new ezine article that will be posted here (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/ezine/index.php) by the end of today. :cool: