PDA

View Full Version : Lau Gar article?

phoenix-eye
08-02-2004, 03:27 PM
Hey gene

Any thoughts on doing a Lau Gar article? There has been a lot of talk on the forums about Hung Gar's Lau Gar and the Lau Gar practiced in the Uk under Jeremy Yau's BKFA.

With your contacts and research facilities maybe this could make an interesting article?

Any thoughts?

PE

GeneChing
08-04-2004, 09:38 AM
You make it sound like we have this major research machine of scholars and such. :p Actually, it's just a few of us - like all MA publications, we rely heavily upon freelancers (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/about/guidelines.php). At this time, I have no freelancers looking into Lau GAr that I'm aware of, and it's a little outside of my own research. I did a little work on that when I was a freelancer since I was doing work on Hung Gar, but frankly, I don't think I have enough there to present anything new and meaningful. So you're going to have to wait until someone rises up from that family and speaks out.

phoenix-eye
08-04-2004, 03:53 PM
HaHa:D

I had visions of a load of you guys feverishly ferreting about (do you like my aliteration?) in some sweaty office somewhere in CA.

A bit like the Kung Fu CIA or FBI

Or......not......

Thanks anyway (although my illusions have been cruelly crushed)

(aliteration again)

Paul

GeneChing
08-10-2004, 09:21 AM
...Well to be honest, there is a lot of ferreting ferreting about around here, but CMA is so vast - so many different styles and so much history - that you must specialize to some degree to be able to say anything intelligent. Sadly, southern styles are not my specialty anymore. Fortunately, there are others working in the field that submit freelance work to us, so hopefully someone will read this and fulfill your request.