PDA

View Full Version : Training for Competition

magic_dewdrops
08-02-2004, 10:50 PM
I was wondering about the type of diet I should have while I'm training for a competition. I'm a female, and I want to look feminine and have muscles, so what should I eat. Oh..the category I'm competing in is 2 minute sparring and one-hit sparring.

FooFighter
08-03-2004, 04:27 AM
MD:

I am no expert on diets but your competition does not seem very crueling or difficult. If there is no weight in requirements then you should eat healthy and use common sense to stay from things that you know will not benefit you from your training. I would suggest that you look into sport psychology and performance breathing as a mean to mentally prepare yourself for the match. You shall find out that physical aspects are easy and the real battle will begin within your mind. The two things that will work against you are fear and ego. I wish you much success and looking foward to read about your experience and discoveries.

Sincerely,
Mr. Bao

SevenStar
08-10-2004, 07:48 AM
yeah, for two minute sparring, I would keep a normal healthy diet and focus more on my cardio. you'd be surprised how many people gas after two minutes.