PDA

View Full Version : TO EVERYBODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KEUNG
08-02-2001, 04:40 AM
1.)CAN ANYBODY GIVE ME A COMPLETE LIST OF ALL THE TECHNIQUES USED IN WING CHUN POLE......I REALLY NEED TO LEARN THE POLE WEAPON. I LOVE THAT TYPE WEAPON VERY MUCH....CAN ANYBODY ALSO PLS. GIVE ME FULL DETAILS OF EACH MOVEMENTS......
2.)CAN ANYBODY ALSO TELL ME HOW TO EXECUTE TSUEN SAO(THREADING HANDS)?
THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR HELP!!!!!!!!
KEUNG

Sihing73
08-02-2001, 04:55 AM
Hello,

Forgive me for asking but do you train under anyone right now? My reason for asking is that the pole requires quite a bit of preparation in order to be learned properly. While the movements are relatively simple, you need to build the proper foundation to truly perform and master the movements. You could learn the pole form in less then a month with no previous training. But, you will only have a hollow shell. Kind of like a house built of straw or upon sand. It may look good but when the winds blow it will collapse. There are quite a few preparatory exercises one should practice before picking up the pole. You need to develope a firm foundation by training the first three forms in order to acquire the proper structure and understanding of energy.

I know this is not the answer you were looking for but I feel it would be a disservice to give you the shell without the filling.

Peace,

Dave

Gluteus Maximus
08-02-2001, 07:40 AM
Hi Keung. In Wing Chun, as Dave says, it's meaningless to learn any of the weapons forms before learning all the empty-hand forms.

The Lok Dim Boon is held right near the tip, so it's heavy, and you need total control over the pole without letting it wobble when raising, lowering, circling, holding it parallel to the ground, thrusting and striking, which all takes lots of training.

You need to be able to direct all your force out of the end of the pole, or from any point along the pole's length as the situation dictates, and it can only come from the lessons in body structure and force generation learnt in the empty-hand forms as well as the pole preparation forms that Dave speaks of. This includes lots of training in Chair Kwan Kuen, (empty-hand low horse stance training), before you even get to hold a pole, then you'd do further preparatory exercises, including Tai Kwan (raising the pole), Mai Kwan Pai (advancing, thrusting and retreating while holding the pole horizontal), Dang Kwan (vertically snapping the pole up and down).

With Tsuen Sao, say for example you're facing your opponent or training partner with your lead guard hand on the outside of his lead guard (so you'd each have opposite hands leading - say you're leading with your left and him with his right). You want to get your other (right) hand to the outside of his lead guard as well, so that you can control him from the side. So you "thread" your right hand under and to the outside of his lead (right) hand, while stepping forward and to his left. A logical follow-up would then be Lop Da (grab and punch).

Hope this helps,

Max

To know the unseen, you must first learn to see.

greyseal
08-02-2001, 11:32 PM
Ok, I know that Inside Kung Fu magazine is one of the worst out there, but there was a picture of Zhang Ziyi on the cover and so I went for it. Anyway, there is an article on the WC pole in the latest issue. Peace.

tiger_1
08-04-2001, 03:08 PM
hi there my friend im like to say : inside wing chun have tiger- snake- eagle. that is my oppinion and frinedly tiger_1 :)

/