PDA

View Full Version : chi/pun sau wrist distance

onesl1fox
08-02-2001, 01:26 AM
When you chi sau do you have your wrists close together or far apart? why do you roll like this??
Also do you practice all shapes of the pun roll-ie 2 bon saus , 2 fooks, bon-fook, etc why do you do this??

wing chun is NOT easy.

whippinghand
08-02-2001, 06:35 AM
Wrists together for finer wedge. Reverse for wider wedge.

Ish
08-02-2001, 01:06 PM
I wouldn't advise trying to do 2 bong saus at the samee time cos you'll have almost traped yourself.

Nat from UK
08-02-2001, 03:23 PM
I train quite tight, as close to the centre line as possible other wise I get hit, I find this tighter position is better as my position/structure allows me to stop most attacks towards my centre line dispite my sluggish reaction time.

I also train which ever hand position is applicable to the force being directed at me - I find variety keeps opponents guessing. My teacher would rather see good structure and slower reaction speed than poor structure and quick speed - I tend to agree.

Hope this helps

Nat from UK

whippinghand
08-05-2001, 07:03 AM
It's important to train chi sau in many facets. Whether you get hit or not, doesn't matter. Actually, it's important to allow yourself to get hit in chi sau. If you don't, you'll limit your training. It's an exercise, don't forget, not a fight.