PDA

View Full Version : Fall a little early, The Sept. and Oct. issue

norther practitioner
08-03-2004, 01:00 PM
Got it last night, cracked it open this morning, good stuff, which is coming to be a norm. The write up on Jet Li's Hero, albeit a little late or early depending on how you look at it, is really good, except it seems like Li get's quoted, and then reiterates the same thing like 3 or 4 times.

The whole 30 years of wushu in the US whitehouse articles are good, nice to hear that the others with Jet on that trip are still at the top of the wushu world. LOL, Wu Bin, the wushu Nazi... well, I'm sure they would have been shot if they said the wushu comi...

Bea Bea, well, what can I say.. wow, she's freakin' hot. What does she have to do with CMA though, I'm not really complaining because of the fact she is so **** hot, but, um yeah.

Joe, haven't finished your article yet.

More to come

GeneChing
08-04-2004, 09:42 AM
NP's jamming - hangin' out at Taiji Legacy, getting the first review in on the Sep Oct 2004 issue (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/magazine/article.php?article=531), even taking some gold with an improv form (yeah, like I'm going to let you life that down :p) Way to go, man!

Glad you liked Bea. ;)

Sow Choy
08-09-2004, 04:00 PM
NP,

hope you like it my friend, took a while to write it...

Joe

GeneChing
08-10-2004, 09:24 AM
BTW, Mak Hin Fai ordered 100 copies of this issue, so he must like it. :cool: They seemed to feel that the more CLF in the mag, the better (but then every style feels that way about themselves ;) )

norther practitioner
08-10-2004, 05:12 PM
Unfortunately, work and training have been taking up a lot of time, I'll prob. get to read the rest this week sometime.

Sow Choy
08-10-2004, 09:14 PM
Gene,

Good!!!

Hope so... :p

we'll see...

...handsome joe

GeneChing
08-11-2004, 10:31 AM
BTW, I should mention that Joe did his own graphics for that article - the motion lines were added by him. That was great. Most freelancers will give us photos with lines drawn in by ballpoint pen. Man, you have no idea how hard our graphics crew has to wrok sometimes to get the pictures up to snuff. It's nice to see someone put some work into giving us good graphics. For Joe's piece, we just inserted them right in - they were perfect!

Sow Choy - Now get cracking on the next one. :cool:

Sow Choy
08-11-2004, 03:51 PM
Xing Long,

Thanks...

Any feedback on the article? I am throwing some ideas around for the next one... Would like to be more unique, let me know if u have any ideas too...

You goin to Seattle? I hope so, this time hope we can have more chat time... You are a cool mofo... a cool shaolin mofo...

Peace...

HJ

PS
If I come and model, can I be surrounded or be beat up by beautifull girls??? ;)

GeneChing
08-11-2004, 05:54 PM
...I'm not going to Seattle because Gigi is going and one of us need to mind the fort.

If I come and model, can I be surrounded or be beat up by beautifull girls??? Nope, I'm afraid that's my job. How else can I remain a cool Shaolin mofo? :cool:

norther practitioner
08-12-2004, 06:51 PM
:rolleyes:

:D

GeneChing
08-17-2004, 10:38 AM
...Hey man, I gotta take whatever perks I get on this job. Being beaten up by beautiful girls is a serious perk. Some people pay good money for such priviledges. ;)

ltr_17
01-19-2005, 08:26 PM
i get ya good point... i think this isn't a waste either... maybe this furum IS good! i goota go to think about it... nah... what the point! well, cheers! i am gone! <('_'<) so, cheers! :D eccept, i will post so.

GeneChing
01-20-2005, 10:45 AM
The forum is good. The members, on the other hand...

GeneChing
03-10-2005, 04:38 PM
I just learned that Antigone Falun Gong, covered in our Sep Oct 2004 issue (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/magazine/article.php?article=531) in an article by Nic Heggin, was awarded Best Choreography or Fight Direction by the The Bay Area Theatre Critics Circle Awards 2004 (http://www.theatrebayarea.org/tba/critics04.shtml). Choreographer Peter Kwong is best known for his role as Rain in Big Trouble in Little China - he's a BSL man, who aslo studied Yau Kung Mun and Hung Gar. Way to go Peter (and way to go Nic for getting us the article!)