PDA

View Full Version : Best Choy Lay Fut Video?

YongChun
08-04-2004, 02:51 PM
Hi,

I am trying to obtain a good video that showcases the Choy Lay Fut style or that teaches the main form. I know Choy Lay Fut has more than 100 forms (from a Hong Kong book that I have). I was always a fan of Lee Koon Hung as he diplayed beautiful form but I don't know if he made any videos? He has appeared in one Hong Kong movie that I saw where martial artists of different styles were assembled to fight a Karate guy. I forget the name of that movie.

Ray

Sow Choy
08-04-2004, 03:43 PM
Hello,

GM Lee Koon Hung did not make any instructional videos, his younger brother Master Li Siu Hung has a set of 5 out now and more in production.

I recommend the video "Sup Gee Kow Da Kuen"

Here is the link...

http://www.leekoonhungkungfu.com/videos.html

There are some othe Choy Lay Fut people on here who can give you other info on other CLF family videos...

Good Luck,
Joe

hungsingclf
08-04-2004, 04:22 PM
hello. grandmaster dino salvatera has one video out which is jau yau biu sey in which he demos the form as well goes into depth with apps. i think it sells for around $15. u can find it at www.joybotsin.com. good luck.

Fu-Pow
08-04-2004, 04:29 PM
Go here:

http://www.makskungfu.com/products/videos/Video.html

yutyeesam
08-05-2004, 07:49 AM
I suggest this tape:

http://www.panthervideostore.com/catalogv2/shopping_cart.php/sort/2a?osCsid=f11a3c6020ef5e569bd8184d91313a1b

Tat Mau Wong's Tuet Jin Kune is one of my favorite forms. Ng Ying Kune (5 Animals Form) is pretty good, too, so that's a bonus on this tape.

But regardless of the forms you see on these tapes, none of it really means too much until you've really nailed the basic seeds/elements. And I have yet to see a video made that really concentrates on this in a significant way.

Sow Choy
08-05-2004, 08:13 AM
Tigre,

Thanks for your kind words... Plum Flower will be the next video as far as i know.
I will be in Brazil in the 2nd and 3rd weeks of November, I will try and let u know the exact time. Sifu Paul Fraga should be with me too. We may do a seminar, but not sure yet... But maybe we can get together.

Also,

We are starting preproduction on our next video, Plum Flower Fist, but just wanted to get some ideas for future Choy Lay Fut videos, and ideas from some of u all. I believe we will be doing some actual technique and theory, but would you like a whole tape dedicated to that? Please let me know, maybe we get some ideas from you...

Joe

yutyeesam
08-05-2004, 08:54 AM
Joe,
This is great! I can't wait for your Sil Mui Fah vid! Do you have a timeline for release?

Would you guys be willing to have a tape full of drills, you know, drills to isolate out concepts...like combative positioning, sensitivity, clearing, distance&timing, etc?

Just a thought.

Ben Gash
08-05-2004, 09:25 AM
http://www.plumblossom.net/Books/videos.html
Tons of good forms.
If you want one tape that gives a good overview then Budo International do a tape by Pedro Rico which shows a fair number of forms and the performance is OK.

Sow Choy
08-05-2004, 09:37 AM

I am hoping to have the video out before XMas, but this will be the first time I have to do all the production... so hopefully it wont be to hard, I have been practicing some editing, seems fairly easy so far...

The technique one sounds good, but everyone feel free to give some ideas on what you would like or what is not out there so we have a better idea...

Joe

CLFNole
08-05-2004, 10:22 AM
Joe:

You don't know?

Better way make the "Kahp Chun Keun" first, very high level.

Peace.

Sorry I missed your B-day dinner I was out with my Dad for his B-day the same night. I will be practicing with Sifu on Sunday if you want to stop by.

Sow Choy
08-05-2004, 10:51 AM
Handsome,

What are you doing Saturday night? Some of us will be getting some beers again at that same place if u wanna go...

If it is an early night I will go Sunday, we can practice Seh Hok together...

you know we are grandmasters of the "Kahp Chun Kuen" too secret to release that...:p Maybe a starter form like windows or sweep...

Miss ya,

Joe

CLFNole
08-05-2004, 11:05 AM
Saturday night will be tough. I have a major test to take for my job in 3 weeks and I need to study a ton. Every day I am putting in at least 3 hours and the weekends will be more.

I finish at the end of August so after that we can get together for some night time frolicking.

You should have seen it on Tuesday night, a real oldies reunion.

Sow Choy
08-05-2004, 11:15 AM
**** DOG!!

kneel to the mighty eel...

You should have seen us in Texas... He was a little faster and a little louder that way Uncle Tony could hear him back there...

U think we should make a video on how to learn how to breathe and let it come natural???

Hee hee hee

Joe

CLFNole
08-05-2004, 11:33 AM
I can only imagine what Texas was like. ;)

Suprisingly he remembered more than I thought he would. Of course he forgot sections, but all-in-all not too bad.

Peace.

ed78
08-06-2004, 10:36 AM
**** DOG!!

kneel to the mighty eel...

hahahahahaha:D