PDA

View Full Version : 8-10 lbs this month

norther practitioner
08-05-2004, 03:53 PM
I'm going to try to lose a good 10 lbs. this month...

After eating StarChaser's girlfriends cooking last night, I think I'll need some help...lol

I weighed myself at taiji legacy, came in the 180 range, I'd like to get to 170, which would be my lowest weight since Highschool.

Here is my agenda:
Tus. Thurs. Sunday
Bike, on Sundays, I'll try to do a couple mile trail ride, but on tus. and thurs I'm going to do a 3 mile loop, which I'll do in a HIITish type way. a couple times around.

BWE and stuff I do in my apt.
jumping jacks to warm up
stretch
push ups (I'm trying to get a full pyramid, right now, I can only get to 10 on the up side)
crunches (I do a whole different set each time, to change it up, and try to add some V ups etc.)
hindu squats
dumbell curls

Monday and Wednesdays (I'm taking Saturdays off, cause I usually train kung fu on those days)

warm up.. whatever, maybe a jog (I can't stand jogging).
Bench
Inclined Bench
calf raises
weighted squats

Here is where I need help, any suggestions?
I was thinking pullups, chinups, etc.

I guess I should relay my overall goal of getting stronger too... I don't bench much (has been a while too) my overall strenght isn't much, and I want to build some explosiveness too...
so yeah, lose weight, get stronger, and more explosive, and my endurance will come along with some of this too, so yeah, everything...lol.

rubthebuddha
08-05-2004, 04:31 PM
enpee -- go through tabata sets at the end of your workouts. basically, it's HIIT, but done in brief sets with what feels like no rest in between:

20 seconds sprint, 10 seconds rest

do that for eight sets at first, then add sets as you go. this is typically done for running, which it's best for, but i hate running, so on weeks when i don't get enough cardio, i do tabata stuff. i like to do it with bodyweight squats, then a set of bridges, then a set of pushups -- i'm thoroughly dead by the end of that, and it takes about 12 minutes.

or you can just do it for running, and you'll be thoroughly dead in 4 minutes.

the most important thing with this is that you truly go balls out during the sprint portion.

Toby
08-05-2004, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by norther practitioner
warm up.. whatever, maybe a jog (I can't stand jogging).
Bench
Inclined Bench
calf raises
weighted squats

Here is where I need help, any suggestions?
I was thinking pullups, chinups, etc.
(a) Buy a quality rope and jump rope instead of jogging (that might enable you to drop calf raises too).
(b) Why bench and incline bench? Just wondering.
(c) Why calf raises?
(d) You're covering legs and chest and shoulders, so yeah, through in some chinups/pullups. I do pullups (i.e. hands pronated, wide grip, bar goes in front of my head). Iron does pullups with the bar behind the head. IIRC there are potential problems with the shoulder girdle with that one so watch out. I'd prefer pullups to chinups.
(e) If you get bored of squatting, deadlift.

But most important - diet. All the exercises in the world won't help if your eating sucks.

norther practitioner
08-06-2004, 01:56 PM
Calf raises.. well, I like big beefy calves... lol plus, I want hops, and that'll help, that and the squats, and my plyo that I do, which I'm going to prob. add to Tus. and Thurs.

I should have said or with the bp and inclined press.

jun_erh
08-09-2004, 03:59 PM
double up on all of it.

blooming lotus
08-10-2004, 02:33 AM
NPs' a busy guy okay....but whay chyou doin with diet is what we really wanna know ???

cerebus
08-10-2004, 03:04 AM
"whay chyou doin"?

What language is that supposed to be? I mean really? :confused:

blooming lotus
08-10-2004, 06:21 PM
you're right............what i meant to say was "watchya doin"........ lol........;)

norther practitioner
08-12-2004, 07:01 PM
2.5 lbs of legit weight so far, but I haven't had too much time to keep up with things.

I say legit because it was after a meal that I got to weigh myself.

blooming lotus
08-12-2004, 08:56 PM
not bad :cool: .... keep it up :D

Starchaser107
08-13-2004, 06:47 PM
how's it going?

norther practitioner
08-13-2004, 08:11 PM
Not bad, got to lift and do some bwe today.

jun_erh
08-16-2004, 12:05 PM
WHen i wanted to lose weight I ran like 5 miles faster and faster every day till I lost it. and did qigong at night