PDA

View Full Version : Bowling for columbine

dodger87
08-06-2004, 09:25 AM
I disliked America before, but after watching this. I Hate it.

"It" being America, the documentary was great

dodger87
08-09-2004, 07:30 AM
a week, 14 views and no post. If you guys don't post i take it you agree with me.

Chang Style Novice
08-09-2004, 08:09 AM
Well, the movie is two years old now, and Moore has another one out that's generating a lot more controversy.

yutyeesam
08-09-2004, 08:16 AM
A lot of people dislike this movie because of inaccurate depictions of xyz...(heston sympathizers, perhaps? dunno)

But the bigger point is about how deep fear is interwoven into american culture, and moore's point i think is that it is perhaps moreso than countries.
Regardless of if there are factual inaccuracies, or incredibly onesided presentations of certain people, i think this bigger point is quite valid.

But that bigger point is not what people like to talk about. They'd rather nitpick the details, and attempt to discredit the entire film based on that.

And I'd say the same thing goes for Farenheit 9/11. People tend to focus on his one sided approach to details in the film, but at the same time, he has facts there that are totally confirmed and consistent with the 9/11 Commission. But again, b/c people tend to focus on his commentary rather than his facts, the film gets dismissed by folks (and how ironic, that some of these people think FOX News presents the gospel "Fair and Balanced" truth).

Shaolinlueb
08-09-2004, 12:02 PM
i saw clips form it i couldnt watch it. i dont like MM

yutyeesam
08-09-2004, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Shaolinlueb
i saw clips form it i couldnt watch it. i dont like MM

I feel the same way about FOX News.

Brad
08-10-2004, 06:34 AM
I get my news from Leno.

Christopher M
08-10-2004, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by dodger87
If you guys don't post i take it you agree with me.

I'll disagree with you if you want.

Chang Style Novice
08-10-2004, 07:48 PM
I love ya Chris, but sometimes I wonder if you get a warm runny feeling inside from being a contrarian know-it-all...;)

Anyway, I don't hate America, and I kind of agree with the theses of Moore's various films, but I think he's a fourth rate documentary filmmaker at best and engages in lots of sensationalistic and fallacious discourse. He and Al Franken, to name a couple, are trying to play the Limbaugh/O'Reilly game for the left. It probably needs to be done to have a robust left, but it doesn't get me - a committed leftist - admiring their tactics.

Vash
08-10-2004, 08:37 PM
*****es in general direction of the Left and Right*

*unloads large turd on Moderates*

*sends documents to Republicans and Democrats detailing exactly how they should go fvck themselves*

*sends CC of aforementioned documents to all Independent parties*

Christopher M
08-11-2004, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by Chang Style Novice
I love ya Chris, but sometimes I wonder if you get a warm runny feeling inside from being a contrarian know-it-all

I thought my humor was wet enough to be noticed this time...

Anyway, I don't hate America, and I kind of agree with the theses of Moore's various films

Well, I do hate America, but disagree with the theses of Moore's various films...

bwahahahahaah

Chang Style Novice
08-11-2004, 07:24 PM
Ah the internet! Greatest facilitator of missed nuance EVAH!!!!!!!!1!

Christopher M
08-11-2004, 07:50 PM
My nuance, or yours? :p

Chang Style Novice
08-11-2004, 08:16 PM
Hey, I don't know you THAT well, buster!

Christopher M
08-11-2004, 08:31 PM
If you only knew I just got back from BC, you'd be singing a different tune...