PDA

View Full Version : Sandman/Oddermensch, or anyone from Mr Cotrells school...

Losttrak
07-31-2001, 07:40 PM
Can anyone give me directions to the school? Only been downtown once many years ago and that was when I visited the school. The greater the detail the better. Thanks.

"If you and I agree all the time, then one of us is unnecessary."

Sandman2[Wing Chun]
07-31-2001, 09:07 PM
doh...
Hey, sorry I haven't gotten you directions yet, been working alot. I'll try emailing them to the address I sent you mail at before....sorry about the delay.

Thanks!
Sandman[Wing Chun]
Wing Chun Forum Moderator.
Student-www.authentickungfu.com

chi-kwai
07-31-2001, 09:27 PM
From Dallas, take I-30 West.
Exit the 183 exit and take it south.
When you get to highway 80, make a right.
make a left on Bonnie. (3 streets on the left).
One block in is Chapel Ave.

The school is in a strip mall on the corner of bonnie and chapel. it is not conspicuously marked and has foil over the windows.

here is a map:
http://maps.yahoo.com/py/maps.py?BFCat=&Pyt=Tmap&newFL=Use+Address+Below&addr=bonnie+dr+and+chapel+ave&csz=Fort+Worth%2C+TX+76116&country=us&Get%A0Map=Get+Map

http://maps.yahoo.com/py/maps.py?BFCat=&Pyt=Tmap&newFL=Use+Address+Below&addr=bonnie+dr+and+chapel+ave&csz=Fort+Worth%2C+TX+76116&country=us&Get%A0Map=Get+Map

--
chi kwai

chi-kwai
07-31-2001, 09:32 PM
AWC should be AKF. Doh!

--
chi kwai

Losttrak
07-31-2001, 10:08 PM
--NT--

Losttrak
08-01-2001, 02:05 AM
Hey what times do you peeps usually train up there? Is there a tele # I can call to give you peeps some notice or in case I get hopelessly lost. =p As soon as I shake this cold I am gonna come and toss around with ya. BTW I may have an idea for a middle-ground location for us all to go to. Lemme know.

chi-kwai
08-01-2001, 05:29 PM
I am at the Fort Worth school on Mondays and Fridays, and sometimes i will go in on Wednesday if I am not too exausted from work. On thursday I go to the Nortel branch up in Plano.

--
chi kwai

Losttrak
08-01-2001, 06:20 PM
....what time would be best?

chi-kwai
08-01-2001, 09:45 PM
Monday and Wednesday, classes are open to outsiders from 7pm to 9pm. 7p - 8p is beginner's class, 8p - 9p is intermediate. After 9, the advanced classes start.

Friday, WC class starts at 8pm and lasts until 9:30 or so. Saturday, classes start at 12:30pm and go for about one and a half to two hours. These are free form classes where we go over techniques we need work on.

I would recommend coming on a monday or a wednesday to see how a regular class is conducted.

--
chi kwai

Losttrak
08-01-2001, 11:32 PM
I'll check out the Wed class most likely. Lemme shake this cold and I am there. I'll see if I can bring some of my My Jhong brothers too.

Sandman2[Wing Chun]
08-02-2001, 01:14 AM
Losttrak:

While I appreciate my Kung Fu brother's enthusiasm, Wednesday really wouldn't be a very good time, as sifu will be teaching regular classes and would prefer not to have them interrupted. I just sent you a mail on this, but Saturday (any Saturday) sometime after 2:30 would be best, Sifu has said he'll just take off and let us have the place for the afternoon. Bringing your bros is an excellent idea, though, as that will give more than one person someone to play with. :D

Chi Kwai:
Heh, Losttrak isn't looking to take classes, he's wanting to come knock around with us... :D We've been discussing this for some time, and it just hasn't materialized yet.

Thanks!
Sandman[Wing Chun]
Wing Chun Forum Moderator.
Student-www.authentickungfu.com

[This message was edited by Sandman2[Wing Chun] on 08-02-01 at 04:24 PM.]

chi-kwai
08-02-2001, 03:57 PM
Ack! Sorry, I guess I missed the original posts.

Anyhow, I am sincerely sorry I can not go to saturday classes. I would have been interested in being there for this exchange.

Perhaps if you are still there around 6pm... ;)

--
chi kwai