PDA

View Full Version : New show from the creators of "Family Guy"

IronFist
08-07-2004, 11:39 PM
Download the 6 minute pilot here (http://www.american-dad.com/).

PHILBERT
08-08-2004, 12:00 AM
http://bud8705.home.comcast.net/americandad.wmv

Kristoffer
08-08-2004, 03:24 AM
Contemporary stuff - Terror alert, CIA, Bush etc
The Alien - hundreds of shows could be based on this alone.
Paranoid dad - quite original

Dislikes:
Rest of the family looks like any other characters in any other sitcom. One boy, one girl. The boy is a nerd, the girl is smart. Been seen millions of times.

The goldfish - I can't imagine him being funny for more than a few episodes. But who knows

David Jamieson
08-08-2004, 06:26 AM
not fresh...barely funny...

I predict it's a no-go

Chang Style Novice
08-08-2004, 11:03 AM
Family Guy is a blister on Satan's ass licked clean by the DVD buying public. Worst godd@mn thing I ever saw. I wouldn't watch anything else by that guy except under threats or bribes.

SimonM
08-10-2004, 12:01 PM
Not as good as Family Guy but the dog was definately worth a chuckle or two.

red5angel
08-10-2004, 01:56 PM
holy crap, CSN and I agree on something for a change.

Let's see, some guy saw how successful the Simpsons were, and decided to dumb it down believe it or not. I've watched about 5 episodes for various reasons and have not even cracked a smile.

Chang Style Novice
08-10-2004, 02:32 PM
My brother!

GROUP HUG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Meat Shake
08-10-2004, 02:36 PM
You just have to have a very... err... offbrand sense of humor, or have smoked a fat hooter before the show.

On that same note, do either of you (r5, csn) like to watch Aqua teen hunger force, sealab 2021, or harvey birdman attorney at law?

Chang Style Novice
08-10-2004, 02:45 PM
Aqua Teens Rock, Sealab sometimes rocks, Harvey Birdman sometimes rocks but not as often as Sealab (although I no longer have cable, so I haven't followed any of em for a while now.)

My true love in contemporary animated sitcoms is King of the Hill.

GunnedDownAtrocity
08-10-2004, 02:58 PM
family guy is the most consistantly funny cartoon i have ever seen next to south park. of course that statment gives you an idea of what i find entertaining.

GunnedDownAtrocity
08-10-2004, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by Chang Style Novice

My true love in contemporary animated sitcoms is King of the Hill.

wait .... so king of the hill is funny but family guy isnt?

*insert confused face here*

red5angel
08-10-2004, 03:28 PM
king of the hill is indeed funnier then Family guy.

Seen All three of those meatshake, good stuff.

Chang Style Novice
08-10-2004, 07:24 PM
What can I tell you, GDA? Different strokes for different folks.

You don't have to be part of our group hug if you don't want.

David Jamieson
08-10-2004, 07:33 PM
King of the Hill is only funny if you live in Texas.

Or the midwest (they have a bond)

Family guy is mucho funnier than King of the Hill although the quirky fat kid in Hill is pretty funny.

There, it's about equal here, but we can all say that teh Flintstones are the groundbreakers here and if we actually really think about it, then we should all go stock up on teh Honeymooners seriously to discover the true root of american family cartoonish sitcom fu.

anyway...
Mike Judge took it too far with King of the Hill, way harsher than B&B :p

Chang Style Novice
08-10-2004, 07:52 PM
You're joking with that last comment, but the fact is, becuase the humor is so low-key and subtle, King of the Hill gets away with unbelievable murder in their jokes.

Like the episode where Hank gets a new best friend played by Drew Carey and when Peg asks him what he's so happy about, he responds "Oh, it was just a real neat guy I met. Nothing serious, just a one-time thing in a parking lot. That's all.":eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :D ;)

GunnedDownAtrocity
08-10-2004, 08:14 PM
i defend my position by turning on family guy right now.

there it's on.

Chang Style Novice
08-10-2004, 08:18 PM
Good point. Actions speak louder than words, so I'm going to go home and watch my KotH DVDs.

So there!

I would've thought you'd at least be able to relate to drinkin' outside with your weirdo neighbors like Hank does, though.

Yep.

(sips beer)

GunnedDownAtrocity
08-10-2004, 08:59 PM
oh don't get me wrong. i have nothing against king of the hill. it certainly has it's moments. it's something i could get into but haven't. sort of like futurama but its somethin i did get into.

king of the hill is more of something that i watch if im forced to be in front of the tv and it's on. like if im in the hospital (that's not a cheap shot, i just spend some time at hosptials) or at a friend's house or something.

rubthebuddha
08-11-2004, 08:22 AM
in agreement with GDA on this one -- king of the hill is just too drab and boring. i guess us younger folks like GDA and me need a bit more (or less, depending on your perspective) to please us. all i gotta say is this: tony robbins HUNGRY.

Chang Style Novice
08-11-2004, 08:26 AM
Yeah, I know. I'm resigned to being on the unpopular side of this particular debate.

I'm still right, though.:D

Yep.

(sips beer)

red5angel
08-11-2004, 08:28 AM
there it's on.

and still sucking the pipe.....

Tak
08-11-2004, 08:36 AM
Ugh @ KOTH. (Will there be a ROTKOTH?)

The dialogue is boring; the plot is boring; the jokes, while perhaps subtle, just aren't funny.

Also, Bender would steal all of Hank's stuff, have a 3-way with his wife and niece, then force Hank to bite his shiny metal ass, before taking the next pimpmobile out of there.

Futurama pwnz!

Edit: And suicide booths are an idea whose time has come!

SimonM
08-11-2004, 08:40 AM
Thanks to the wonders of Satellite, it is possible to watch (back to back):

Simpsons
South Park
Futurama
Family Guy
Dragon Ball
Dragon Ball Z
(and on Fridays Dragon Ball GT after that)

Ok, so I watch more cartoons than I do normal TV. :p

(And I still don't like King of the Hill) ;)

Chang Style Novice
08-11-2004, 08:53 AM
Tak, you are mistaken. When Hank says "I'll kick your ass" he means it, and he follows up. Ask Jimmy Witchert or Alabaster Jones (the Mack Daddy of the OKC.)

MasterKiller
08-11-2004, 09:00 AM
I thought I was the only Mack Daddy from the OKC. :mad:

CaptinPickAxe
08-11-2004, 09:05 AM
I'm sorry, but I love Seth MacFarlanes twisted brand of humor. It was way ahead of its time. Here's good news:

Brace yourself for the Third Season (http://www.adultswim.com/webcam/gal_mov/macfarlane/index.html)

Chang Style Novice
08-11-2004, 09:06 AM
If you haven't seen the episode, you gotta. Snoop Dogg plays a white guy super-mack. Hank unknowingly takes in a hooker who left OKC to get away from him and starts pimping her out without realizing what's going on.

red5angel
08-11-2004, 03:26 PM
Futurama pwnz!

Best tv cartoon ever!