PDA

View Full Version : red flower society????

blooming lotus
08-08-2004, 06:43 AM
Finally had a minute , so I took up Genes' recommendation and checked out some ezine articles. Came to the secret society article and started googling with intention of finding some info about the true motivation behind certain groups, and discovered a connection between the red junk opera ( where according to "legend" one of wing chuns' 5 founding members ended up post dramas at home, temple burning, gongfu outlaw reform etc etc ) and the red flower society, who are a verifiable off-spring branch of WC practioning ( and still are today).........

don't really have time to get too deeply into the articles tonight, but some links are as follows:

1. www.mengsofaz.com ( redflower........_

2. www.luohan.nets

3. www.wingchunkuen.com ( redjunk meets red flower)

there are more links and if you google I'm sure you'll find them easily enough, but this all ( for those missing it) stronlgy suggests that maybe those myths have a little more credence than we thought. Given that..........maybe after some folks have had a chance to read the articles and comtemplate, would be a good time to re-open our discussions of Ng Mui, dimmak and other related jazz............

cheers

let us know if you find anything..............

BL

AmanuJRY
08-08-2004, 09:44 AM
1. www.mengsofaz.com ( redflower........_

I've read Benny's article in IKF. This is not new info.

2. www.luohan.nets

This site is in spanish, I don't read spanish and don't have time to translate

3. www.wingchunkuen.com ( redjunk meets red flower)[

I could not find an article on Rene's site that has this title.

Also, I did a search on 'Red Flower Society' and got mostly links to Jet Li's "The Legend" and "The Legend 2" (Fong Sai Yuk stories).

I am always open to discussing this subject, I just haven't seen any 'new' info that affects reasoning on this topic.

blooming lotus
08-08-2004, 05:21 PM
the last link I found searching under hung fa or triad root lineages .............. please see the initial secret society article for the initial search title................ sorry but I'll come back to it if I've time...............

also the title for last is not what appears in brackets and this refers to content in brief.....................

blooming lotus
08-09-2004, 03:02 AM
any WC ers' have a chance to check this out yet???

AmanuJRY
08-09-2004, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by blooming lotus
......maybe after some folks have had a chance to read the articles and comtemplate, would be a good time to re-open our discussions of Ng Mui, dimmak and other related jazz.....

Just curious, what does the history of WC have to do with dim mak? Other than at some point it was incorporated into WC by someone, it doesn't have any specific tie to WC, Red Boat, or the Red Flower Society.

The articles you stated, and the topics therein (Red Boat, Red Flower society, etc.) are not exactly breaking news. Have you read "Complete Wing Chun" by Rene Ritchie, Robert Chu and Y. Wu. It details the history of several brances and their legends.

I ask, what is the info that you believe to be profound enough to 're-open' discussions on Ng Mui, etc.?
and
Do you know the signifigance of the color Red (RED Boat, RED Flower, etc.)?

blooming lotus
08-09-2004, 06:51 PM
if you bear in mind the legends or myths that wing chun originated from 5 shaolin monks and diciples, one of which was ng mui who was or wasn't a chick and did or didn't create dimmak , which was later her trade mark contribution to WC, it has all relevance................

especially given that ( IN BRIEF) when manchu invaded ( a mutual enemy of both shaolin and the hungfa family (of triad root lineage )seeing the kaos and vulnerabily, , china was already up sh*t creek and burning temples , undergoing western influence reform ( banning gongfu, experssive art and anything that could give rise to governmental question from john citizen, co-incidently struggling through famine, drought, flood, war and hunger), so the 5 elders after shared exchange of gongfu abiltly and understanding, split through out China and abroad . One of which ended up in the red junk opera, where co-incidently, the red flower society ( triad/ WC practioners in earnests' root ) , was also forming after having fled the oppressive reform at home............... obviously ( nd according to these stories) Wc and shaolin hooked up again assimilating new style and fighting strategy, at which point it is highly likely that dim mak was assimilated in some capacity to what is ( though rarely acknowledged nor found) todays' WC as practiced by triad nations.

If I haven't been clear please let me know and I'll reconsider my post...............

cheers.............

but you gotta admit...............