PDA

View Full Version : qigong quality

bung bo
08-08-2004, 01:16 PM
i usually stand in san ti each side almost everyday for a few minutes. i feel good afterwards and feel better in general. if i continue what positive effects will this have ( in old age mostly)? the same question for the 8 section brocade. i used to do this one alot and then stopped, but it's making a resurggence.

blooming lotus
08-08-2004, 05:40 PM
well besides benifits of qi cultivation on any level, speaking physiologically, breathing exercises combined with any movement is going to stimulate and promote greater quality blood flow, IE -: younger more supple skin longer, greater organ function, better balance and less chance of a multitude of different old-folk ails resulting from not taking care of these apsects of health.........

so here on a basic lvl, talking, incontinece and lung issues, bowel health, heart strength and on and on..................

qiphlow
08-21-2004, 08:55 PM
keep working--the standing open eye postures are great for strengthening legs and also for developing jing if you're into using your qi for self defense--otherwise the exercise of your intent whilst in the postures is good for all aspects of life. your mind and energy focus better on whatever it is you're doing

bung bo
08-22-2004, 01:24 PM
thanks BM and qiphlow for the advice. i would also like to thank all the other people who looked and didn't reply.