PDA

View Full Version : Webspace for Mantis-content

puja
08-09-2004, 02:24 PM
The idea came up in the thread on "Strike and Press/Trapping hands partener forms" to have a shared webspace for sharing mantis related content, scince there are some of us who don't have any webspace, but would like to put some clips or pics online to share with the community.

I do have a webspace with about 200 MB of space and 6 GB traffic a month, which I don't really use much at the moment. The domain is tanglang.info so it would be predestined for sharing mantis-content. I have put some website on it which is lacking content and which I could modify for better access to the files.

For uploading either you could send the files to me on email or upload it through an FTP account directly to the server.
To minimize missuse and traffic I would like to keep the account within the mantis community.
Additionally (if needed) I can have a password restricted folder on the server, so that files uploaded there would only be available to users with the proper account. I don't know if this is needed or wanted, so tell me your opinions.

puja
08-09-2004, 02:27 PM
I think in the beginning (untill I get ftp and other things ready) this will be the procedure:
1. You have a file you want to share =)
2. You send the file to me, either as email-attachment or on any of the common Instant Messaging Clients (email-adress or IM-IDs on PM)
3. I upload the file and give you a link to it, so you can share with the community.

I think this is easiest for all of us.

best regards,

Puja

EarthDragon
08-09-2004, 03:31 PM
That would be great puja , very kind and generous of you , I will send you some stuff to get started

mantis108
08-09-2004, 04:10 PM
This is indeed a noble deed and generous offer. I must say you will do the mantis community an enormous service. *2 thumbs way up!*

I think sending the clip to you via email first is a good idea. That way you would have a better control over the content and flow.

If there's room available, would you mind hosting the clip that I just shared?

I also think that perhaps BeiTangLang could make this thread "sticky"? This would help others to find the clips in one place. Forum members could follow the clips updates easily too. Just some thoughts.

Warm regards

Robert

BeiTangLang
08-09-2004, 09:38 PM
Indeed, I would post a sticky thread with content only. The discusions about the clips titled with the subject on a seperate post to keep the video thread clean & easy to use.

Just remember to name the thread topic the same as the subject on the video thread!

puja
08-09-2004, 11:01 PM
BTL, is it ok using this thread for posting the content or should I start a new one?

@Robert: You mean your Diao Da Feng Tzo clip?

Puja

mantis108
08-10-2004, 09:56 AM
You are Da Man! Thank you very much my friend for hosting the clip for me. I really appreciate it. :)

I hope to see yours and others on the forum sharing their precious clips. We will be heading towards yet another level of understanding of our materials. It is so exciting!

Warm regards

Robert

German Bai Lung
08-10-2004, 01:01 PM
Hi Puja,

well it would be fine, to know your E-Mail adress! :D

puja
08-10-2004, 02:49 PM
Jochen, I just sent you a message on ICQ including my email-adress. I don't want to give it out in public as I already have enough trouble with spam :rolleyes: