PDA

View Full Version : triangle post dummy...

wingchunwsl
07-30-2001, 02:32 AM
how do you guys and girls train your kicks? i was taught to practice them on the triangle post dummy and i've also seen some people do them on a tire.

i'm training my kicks on this basketball hoop stand right now but i'm not able to practice the two little kicks from left to right using the side of the foot since there aren't those two other little poles to kick on. so how do you people train the kicks?

Martial Joe
07-30-2001, 02:40 AM
Kick stuff...Kick anything...

Ish
07-30-2001, 03:18 PM
i either kick a long heavy punch bag, a wall bag or a pad that someones holding. but my favorite thing to kick is my brother

wongfeilung809
07-30-2001, 05:34 PM
i kick dogs, lots of them, usually with front and cross stomp kicks...im running out of pets...
simpleangles

chi-kwai
07-30-2001, 07:20 PM
A possible way for you to practice your kicking is to set in your stance in front of a wall, bag, or whatever vertical object you choose to attack, then alternate between jit, dim and fung gurk; i.e. jit-dim-fung-dim-jit-dim-fung-dim, etc ad naseum. the heavy bag might work for this, but you could find it spinning around and getting out of control. personally, i would use the bag for this if you are simply wanting to do one kick at a time.

as for tai gurk, i use the bottom of a heavy bag to practice this. no point in trying to lift the bag way up into the air with the kick, its just the most convenient horizontal surface i can think of for working this without a partner.

--
chi kwai