PDA

View Full Version : Ernie

Vajramusti
08-10-2004, 09:05 AM
Hi Ernie-
(didnt intend a new post- justa responnse- shows my net incompetence)

the animal world is an important gateway to nature and I have always tried to do the best for those who came my way.
My old friend (Alaskan malamute-kotzebue-tigara line)--11 and 1/2 old-old for big dogs- is recovering steadily but nicely-will get the biopsy results in a day or two.

Three operations on the same day! Sore from head to tail. A marble size growth removed from an upper lip, a growth removed from a difficult part of the tail (fortunately the surgeon's skill avoided tail amputation)
and finally neutering to try and prevent further growths.
He is a marvelous model of bravery, spirit and fortitude.
In a couple of days I hope to take off a cumbersome thick neck
"bitenot" collar(not the elizabethan type). The collar keeps him from licking his wounds. The stitches come off next week.
A very important member of the family.

His playful spirit is coming back fast- so I know that i did the right things. His snow board pulling of awe struck kids and romping up and down steep
snow bound hills in Northern Arizona or coming down ski slopes
by himself (i dont ski) or climbing stairs up toa large slide, roaring and then coming down the slide wont be the same as they used to be.But he is a great friend and an important member of the family. When my wc students go to the bathroom-they have to cross his path and pay tribute with the right pat for passage..still has a great controlling fok sao.
Old line malamutes are independent fellows-some owners cannot deal with their individuality. Robin Williams had one. george Lucas too-model for Chewbacca in Star Wars.

Unfortunately- many folks dump animals after they have ceased to be puppy-cute. I regularly contribute money to rescue orgs and no kill shelters-locally and nationally..I have reurned a fair amount of dogs to their homes after they have bolted out during July 4 fireworks or thunder. Btw I have learned a lot from my dogs- about motion, timing, survival and reciprocity. I still have a piece of driftwood that he got on his own while swimming ina river- he came and gave it to me as a gift before running off to chase other things.

Thanks for asking Ernie.

joy (dont intend it to be a thread)

Hendrik
08-10-2004, 09:09 AM
Joy,

Great that Ernie asked and great to know about your dog friend.

Ultimatewingchun
08-10-2004, 09:15 AM
Joy:

As an animal lover my whole life (presently have two cats) - but have also had dogs, turtles, lizards, fish, birds...

I commend you in your exploits on behalf of the animal kingdom.

Nick Forrer
08-10-2004, 09:19 AM
Hi Joy

Hope your dog is on the mend- i too have a great love for our canine friends although it is a love i have to indulge vicariously since growing up we never had dogs in our house (too high maintenace for my mothers liking).

Anyway, dont skimp on the dog treats

best

Nick

Vajramusti
08-10-2004, 10:16 AM
Thanks Nick- will do (the treats).

Interestingly, even though wing chun is not as full of animal metaphors as many other CMAs... I have always found animals very very instructive in studying motion-specially martial motion.. They all have to deal with gravitational forces-one way or another.

((A non sequitur-I am sure you know of Aristotle's interest in canine motion. He is far from my favorite thinker nevertheless))

PS Just got the biopsy report on my old friend. He is clean.VBG.

Ernie
08-10-2004, 11:06 AM
Joy ,
cool i'm glad things look positive , i'm a sucker for pets and my lady collects strays [ i think i was one of those strays ]

i'm dealing with a bi polar demon in cat form right now , he was tossed from a car window and my girl brought him home
--- i live in fear :)