PDA

View Full Version : Some old Vids of Master Lee Kam Wing

German Bai Lung
08-11-2004, 01:15 AM
Hi all,

if some of you are interested in a couple of old video-clips (30years old) of my master Sifu Lee Kam Wing you can look at this Page:

http://www.hokiu.com/

Under http://www.hokiu.com/activity_film.html you will find 4 films of Sifu Lee Kam Wing performing Seven Star Mantis forms.

Also there is a very long and interesting Clip of grandmaster Chiu Chi Man performing a Eagle Claw form!!! Donīt miss this! :)

yu shan
08-11-2004, 06:36 AM
GBL

Appreciate you providing this opportunity to see your Shifu at work. It is fantastic to see these Mantis Masters doing there craft, very inspiring.

grifter721
08-11-2004, 08:46 AM
that was cool, he did a lot of forms there! Praying mantis steppng out from teh cave! I am shocked that is even on there, teh mist people show is Stomping steps.

ursa major
08-11-2004, 04:56 PM
GBL,

Thx for the post I enjoyed it very much. Simply amazing.

Best regards,
UM.

humble-one
08-12-2004, 01:40 AM
Thanks for the post it great to see lee kam wing doing the forms i do so poorley.

Shaolinlueb
08-12-2004, 05:21 AM
QUALITY OF THE VIDEOS SUCK BUT THEY LOOKED OLD AND ITS UNDERSTANDABLE. GREAT VIDEOS THOUGH. THANK YOU FOR PROVIDING THEM. and i left caps on. :D

mantisben
08-12-2004, 12:17 PM
Grand Master Lee Kam Wing's hands and steps are fast! Thanks for posting the clips! Very inspiring!

mantis108
08-12-2004, 01:46 PM
I wish there were better technology back then so that many material of the past masters could be preserved for generations to come.

These looks to be 8mm transfered to PAL. We are quite lucky to have these preserved since the climate in HK isn't exact analog film friendly.

I agreed with many here that these are inspiring! The site and the content within are superb. Thank your for sharing.

Mantis108

loki
08-12-2004, 03:20 PM
It's nice to know that this footage is still out there. I have the LKW stuff via my Sifu minus the Chiu Chi Man clip which Sifu has but didn't put on the copy he gave me. He did show it to me though. I wonder if there is any footage of Chiu Chi Man doing mantis. I'm sure there has to be. I also have some video footage of LKW in the Hong Kong studio working on some form sequences and working his arm strength by rolling a small log piece up and down his forearm. GBL, do you have those? Anyway, thanks for sharing.

humble-one
08-13-2004, 04:24 AM
If anyone has any more clips of Lee Kam Wing would they post them please?

German Bai Lung
08-13-2004, 04:38 AM
Hi Loki,

I donīt know that clip with the exercise youīre talking ībout. But I know that from his book. I got some more Tapes with Sifu performing forms. E.G. Mui Far Kuen in incredible speed and with lot of power. That was maybe 3-4 years ago!

But, Humble One, I donīt think itīs okay to post them. Because you canīt freely share Clips of Persons without their permissions!

The Link above is from a free Web-Site of one of Sifu Lee Kam Wing Long Time Students, Kwok Wing Ho! He is also the Co-Author of the new Book. So he got sure the permission to host that clips!

humble-one
08-13-2004, 04:43 AM
oh. realy? Thats a real shame. I was wondering why i couldnt find any clips of him. I just thought it would be realy helpful to see the man himself doing the forms for guidence purposes. Ah well.