PDA

View Full Version : spine health and fintness.......

blooming lotus
08-11-2004, 05:02 AM
noticed RTB has a few threads up to moderate at the moment, so let's keep it brief. Caught an add for a spine extending bench, similar in appearance to a full sized weight bench with but with a windey mechanism at the side , so as you hook your feet, and or grip at the top, you could adjust the height ( top or bottom) and stretch out. I remember thinking that It would be perfect to get deep into abs and would get your spine strong and flexible as it straightened. the url is www.168hc.com , they retail at about 1980 rmb and deliver all over the globe. Be warned though, the site is in chinese........ good luck :cool:

Toby
08-11-2004, 10:30 PM
Is this a question or a comment? What currency is rmb? Anyway, two other ways - hang from a pullup bar or buy some gravity boots. The first is cheap. The 2nd a bit more expensive, but maybe cheaper than rmb 1980.

rubthebuddha
08-11-2004, 10:35 PM
plus, you don't have to learn chinese so you can read about what the heck you're buying. :D

i say go with a pullup bar, cause then you can do pullups and work your triceps out. ;)

mickey
08-12-2004, 04:02 AM
Greetings,

That is a very old technology that is somehow trying to make its way back. I remember seeing Sean Connery strapped to something similar in an old James Bond flick. Traction can be good for the spine. I prefer yoga postures; snake, plow, forward bend, and spinal twist. You can take them with you anywhere. And they don't cost a dime.

mickey

blooming lotus
08-12-2004, 09:05 AM
it's an oldie but a goodie........

a rinimbie is a yuan or chinese dollar, worth approximately .88 of US dollar.......

this contraption also has a vertically available poisition and yes, your chin-up bar is included........

very good for anyone having trouble finding their lower diaphragm or 2 of 8 pack.......:D ;) ..........

now if I can just get an address to send one to............

Vash
08-12-2004, 10:07 AM
*gouges self in eye*

IronFist
08-12-2004, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by blooming lotus
very good for anyone having trouble finding their lower diaphragm or 2 of 8 pack.......:D ;) ..........

Apparently this device will rewrite your genetic code. :rolleyes:

Fu-Pow
08-12-2004, 02:35 PM
What is the point of stretching your spine out like that?

blooming lotus
08-12-2004, 05:09 PM
Iron,

Now you're just being silly. You've said yourself earlier this yr that abs can "appear" 8 packed, and I'm sure you know that's what I was meaning.

Spine health and alignment is cruicially important. By stretching it out, first it takes pressure off all of your organs, creating space for them to resettle in. Secondly, if agility and balance matter, a healthy well aligned spine is huge factor. As for abs, by stretching out ( especially when you're on an in or decline )as you're excercising, you get deeper into your muscles. Hoping you understand the logic, buying the machine or not.

IronFist
08-12-2004, 05:28 PM
You can have an "8-pack" if your genetics allow it. Hanging upside down will not do anything to contribute to an 8-pack, tho. It sounded to me like you said hanging upside down will help give you an 8-pack.

What you said was:

very good for anyone having trouble finding their lower diaphragm or 2 of 8 pack

Yup, that definately sounds like hanging upside down will help you develop an 8-pack. Too bad it doesn't, tho.

blooming lotus
08-12-2004, 05:31 PM
that'd be too easy, so are you saying you understand then??

IronFist
08-12-2004, 07:01 PM
I understand that you have trouble communicating what you mean to say.

Toby
08-12-2004, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by blooming lotus
a rinimbie is a yuan or chinese dollar, worth approximately .88 of US dollar...So it's worth US$1742.40 then?! You could buy an airfare home to see your daughter for that much ... as long as it didn't get in the way of training.

blooming lotus
08-12-2004, 09:25 PM
I was wondering where I posted that???....... i didn't realise until I got back to my hotel room and laid down......... for accuracy I meant to say US$1 = 8.8 rmb

AUS$1 =5.6 rmb

sue me, it was late......... sorry to anyone who already sent a cheque