PDA

View Full Version : Wing Chun Fight Clip

Vio
08-12-2004, 10:39 AM
Heres a fight clip between a VT and WT club.

Wing Tsun vs Ving Tsun (http://oregonstate.edu/~blackd/Training%20Movies/WTvsVT.avi)

Ernie
08-12-2004, 10:47 AM
bad acting :o

Vajramusti
08-12-2004, 10:56 AM
I waited a bit for it to open.

I am glad that it did not.

Ernie
08-12-2004, 10:58 AM
My favorite part was the big guy with the logo on his shirt , make sure you get it in frame ha ha ha

AmanuJRY
08-12-2004, 11:32 AM
Half of it is still. waste my time with downloading will ya. :D

You need to have the DIVX codec for window's media to play this file. ;)

IMO, the meatheads who do this kind of stuff and then post the vid online to discredit the victems of their attack are weak minded and without honor. There is no proof that the people involved were equal in ability, etc. Plus, not knowing any history as to why it occured makes it even more senseless.:mad:

This kind of stuff, and what happened to Victor are prime examples of why I wanted to separate myself from WT and EBMAS, too many people fostering that mentality in those organizations.:(

t_niehoff
08-12-2004, 12:17 PM
Sort of like watching two retarded kids fight -- it just makes you feel sorry for them. Why is it we never see them post their storming a BJJ school or muay thai gym or kyokushinkai school or MMA gym? ;)

Terence

AmanuJRY
08-12-2004, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by t_niehoff
Sort of like watching two retarded kids fight -- it just makes you feel sorry for them. Why is it we never see them post their storming a BJJ school or muay thai gym or kyokushinkai school or MMA gym? ;)

Terence

Because it's a marketing strategy to try and 'win' students of other lineages of WC/VT, to prove that their system of training WC is better. Complete BS, but it is the WC demographic that they are trying to target.

Ernie
08-12-2004, 12:39 PM
http://www.canoe.ca/VideoClips/tys.mov

Sort of like watching two retarded kids fight

yea ! ground and pound ------ not :o

Matrix
08-12-2004, 12:46 PM
I was half-expecting to see Jerry Springer........:rolleyes:

t_niehoff
08-12-2004, 12:49 PM
AmanuJRY wrote:

Because it's a marketing strategy to try and 'win' students of other lineages of WC/VT, to prove that their system of training WC is better. Complete BS, but it is the WC demographic that they are trying to target.

**Interesting. Marketing along the lines of "we may be not able to fight well . . . but they're even worse". Yeah, I can see how that might work.

Terence

planetwc
08-12-2004, 10:24 PM
I'm getting a 404 error from the OSU website for that file.
Perhaps it was deleted?

Matrix
08-13-2004, 05:59 AM
It's there now.

Bill

planetwc
08-13-2004, 01:21 PM
I have a shorter version of that clip.

The attacking guy is Uwe Giese, a WT instructor.
The guy he is attacking in grey is Wilhem Blech who nowadays is affiliated with Lok Yiu. Blech and Kernspecth were of course early pioneers in bringing Wing Chun to Europe. There are several photos of them together at seminars with HK based Wing Chun guys and I think Jesse Glover.

At one point on his website, Blech had written something to the effect that one of Ip Man's sons never saw Leung Ting training with Ip Man, etc. etc.

"Usual negative marketing stuff"--which leads to this sort of thing.

I think this footage was proudly shown at Leung Ting's big party in germany a few years back. At this point I'm not sure if Giese is still with the EWTO. From what I've heard Uwe was regarded as one of the resident bad ass WT guys who trained at the WT castle.

So that was not anything friendly going on there at all.

Ernie
08-13-2004, 01:30 PM
So that was not anything friendly going on there at all

then that makes it even more pathetic , that $hit was week , i have been to high school house party's with better action

still looks staged , no real beat downs .

but what ever packs the seats :)

YongChun
08-13-2004, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by planetwc
I have a shorter version of that clip.

The attacking guy is Uwe Giese, a WT instructor.
The guy he is attacking in grey is Wilhem Blech who nowadays is affiliated with Lok Yiu. Blech and Kernspecth were of course early pioneers in bringing Wing Chun to Europe. There are several photos of them together at seminars with HK based Wing Chun guys and I think Jesse Glover.

At one point on his website, Blech had written something to the effect that one of Ip Man's sons never saw Leung Ting training with Ip Man, etc. etc.

"Usual negative marketing stuff"--which leads to this sort of thing.

I think this footage was proudly shown at Leung Ting's big party in germany a few years back. At this point I'm not sure if Giese is still with the EWTO. From what I've heard Uwe was regarded as one of the resident bad ass WT guys who trained at the WT castle.

So that was not anything friendly going on there at all.

Wilhelm Blech is still pretty active with a letter in German about the VT scandal thing.

http://www.wingchun-online.de/forum/forum_entry.php?id=2135&page=0&order=last_answer&descasc=DESC&category=all

Here's how to translate German or Chinese into English:

http://world.altavista.com/

Go on Google and look up "Babel Fish Translation"

Ray

WCis4me
08-14-2004, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by Ernie
then that makes it even more pathetic , that $hit was week , i have been to high school house party's with better action

still looks staged , no real beat downs .

but what ever packs the seats :)

Great all the hype and I don't get to see it............figures.......stupid codec and even stupider my lack of ambition to go get the file.

Nick Forrer
08-14-2004, 01:41 AM
Pathetic, truly pathetic

I have heard that in germany this is what the wt guys do i.e. if you open up a wc/vt school in their area they come in a big gang, isolate the teacher and then go at him

AmanuJRY
08-14-2004, 07:01 AM
Originally posted by Nick Forrer
Pathetic, truly pathetic

I have heard that in germany this is what the wt guys do i.e. if you open up a wc/vt school in their area they come in a big gang, isolate the teacher and then go at him

In Germany, WT is so popular that the organization has divided the country into 'areas'. Each city has 'x' amount of areas according to population, and each area is assigned one school. There is actually a waiting list to be a school owner, all the instructors that don't own a school, teach in someone else's school. The sad thing is the (WT) Europeans who have moved to the US are trying to do the same thing here (but we don't have the same amout of students here).

cerebus
08-14-2004, 03:50 PM
Hmmmm. Divide & conquer. Didn't someone try that before?

foolinthedeck
08-15-2004, 11:34 AM
i dont have the codec either.
but the audio still works - and if there was a fight going on it sure didnt sound like it!!
just sounded like the local chinese takeaway kitchen to me...

KenWingJitsu
08-16-2004, 05:43 PM
LOFL!

God.......I think every WC, VT, WT, TWC, VC practitioner just needs a good old fashioned slap in the face.

planetwc
08-17-2004, 03:28 PM
Well at least he didn't get his pants pulled down prior to the "wrasslin".

Discussion of unedited version of EB/WC fight (http://www.forumco.com/pauljbax/topic.asp?whichpage=2&Forum_Title=2%2DJKD%3A+Forum+II&Topic_Title=boztepe+v%2E+cheung+video&CAT_ID=7&FORUM_ID=30&TOPIC_ID=957)

The discussions of these kinds of things get weirder as you find em (talk about odd claims). At least these kinds of things seemed to have stopped and folks have matured and moved on.

By the way Wilhelm's website (the guy in the grey Kung Fu top)is:

http://www.elywcimaa.com