PDA

View Full Version : I made it, after 5 months of searching !

TzuChan
07-13-2001, 10:52 PM
You guys remember me ? Dunno, started posting like 2 months ago or something, then kinda stopped, convinced that I would never find a WC school. I searched for 5 months, went to every single corner in my range, with my bike, with the bus, with the car ... found nothing. Then I thought I'd better start looking for something like Shaoling Kung-Fu. Every class I visited was crap ... I mean , it was like they were showing cool moves, but absolutely useless when you would be in real danger (that was in the schools I visited in my country, I don't know how the other schools are so don't want to offend you Shaoling guys)

Then today I went through the same routine, and while I was doing my vacation job they brought the new phone books. For my job I had to look for the phone numbers from the clients. So I did that, and I saw "Wing Tsun" that was it, that and a cell-phone number. I called it asap, some dude who spoke like 15 languages at a time answered it. First thing he asked me "what are you going to use it for?" .. I thought it was the first sign of a descent teacher. I asked him about the classes, what they were like etc... Then I received this holly sentence when he said "Well, we have a school in Brussels, 3 classes a week, 3 hours long." I said that I would visit his classes this week. Then came the heavy part asking my parents to bring me every week 30 km to be able to do my hobby. They said "No problem" .. I went to my room .. freaked out like a mad man :D

The moral of this story children : NEVER give up, keep looking, and one day you'll see that mighty light :D

Wing Chun is h o l l y

Losttrak
07-13-2001, 10:56 PM
Congrats.. You must have very understanding parents. =p

"If you and I agree all the time, then one of us is unnecessary."

TzuChan
07-13-2001, 10:59 PM
To tell you the truth, I was expecting them to say something like "F*ck off" :D

Wing Chun is h o l l y

benny
07-14-2001, 04:37 AM
good to see a new ving tsun brother :D

wingchunwsl
07-14-2001, 06:49 AM
hey congrats and good luck with future training. :)

Ars vitae
07-14-2001, 07:33 AM
Congratulatons and train hard and focused.

TzuChan
07-14-2001, 12:37 PM
I sure will ! And I'll try to enjoy this thing at the fullest ! :D

Wing Chun is h o l l y

greyseal
07-14-2001, 05:50 PM
Hey. How far is 30km in the standard american mile? Congrats to you. I hope you really enjoy your training and the art of Wing Chun. Peace.

mikey
07-15-2001, 03:34 AM
1 mile = 1.609 kilometers
30 kilometers = 18.6 miles
okay, so i'm a geek :D
good luck

[This message was edited by mikey on 07-15-01 at 06:46 PM.]