PDA

View Full Version : Olympic Judo Schedules ???

Oso
08-14-2004, 02:33 PM
anyone got a better site than this commercial piece of crap?

http://nbcolympics.zap2it.com/tv/grid.jsp?state=0&from=1092538800000&stations=11705_16300_10139_11207_10057_10239_20459 _&zone=-5_1&genre=

however, there will be some on Bravo at midnight:rolleyes:

did you know that friggin 'handball' is an olympic sport?

WanderingMonk
08-14-2004, 04:16 PM
http://forum.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=31886

read the first line very carefully.

ShaolinTiger00
08-14-2004, 04:32 PM
A freinds tells me that "handball is an olympic sport but it's not a drunk bunch of fat italians smacking a ball against a wall in little italy. It's like soccer only you're throwing the ball vs. kicking it."

Shaolinlueb
08-14-2004, 07:12 PM
handball is bug in nyc, thats all i know. you hit a ball against a wall with your hand. :D and wushu still isnt an olymic sport :rolleyes:

Ming Yue
08-15-2004, 09:47 AM
I just watched some olympic ping pong. they take mandatory "towel breaks" to avoid sweat hazards.

Chang Style Novice
08-15-2004, 10:14 AM
As a non-cable soft silly sucka, it appears that the only judo I can see is the the <73kg mens finals, which will air via tape delay at 11:30pm tomorrow mixed in with coverage of beach volleyball :rolleyes: and weightlifting.

This according to zap2it.com

Oso
08-15-2004, 10:30 AM
are there compilation tapes/dvd's produced for sale?

Chang Style Novice
08-15-2004, 10:36 AM
Not that I ever heard of. I think all of it is tm and copyright the IOC.

Oso
08-15-2004, 10:53 AM
sure, but I would think (wish) that they would sell some vids.
be cool if they did.

Chang Style Novice
08-15-2004, 11:12 AM
I'd love to see it myself. But they probably figure the market for such things is too small to justify the expense of producing them. At least in the US. Maybe there're Japanese versions?

Premier79
08-15-2004, 03:16 PM
You can check this link out and it'll show the schedules for all events.

http://sports.yahoo.com/oly/schedule

yenhoi
08-15-2004, 10:38 PM
The judo coverage here in the states is horrible.

The midnight Bravo stuff is just 2 matches.

And for some reason they thought it would be good for either judo or sailing to mix the coverage.

At least we get 3-4 hour blocks of boxing.

:eek:

joedoe
08-15-2004, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by ShaolinTiger00
A freinds tells me that "handball is an olympic sport but it's not a drunk bunch of fat italians smacking a ball against a wall in little italy. It's like soccer only you're throwing the ball vs. kicking it."

Handball is an awesome sport. I played a bit in high school, and watched the final at the last games. I was once told it is considered the 2nd fastest game in the world, behind ice hockey.

Unmatchable
08-16-2004, 12:51 AM
handball is tight.

Tak
08-16-2004, 09:11 AM
I thought there were going to be free netcasts for every country except the US.

SevenStar
08-16-2004, 09:42 AM
rom the USJA:

Jimmy Pedro (USA) vs Daniel Fernandes (FRA)
Both players start active fighting for the bronze battling for grips.
Penality of shido given to Jimmy Pedro for stepping (1 1/2 minutes into the match). Medical time-out for Fernandes (hurt finger). Three minutes remaining.......ouchi gari attempt by Pedro. Yuko for Jimmy due to 2 penality. Jimmy turned him for a waza-ari. Up by a yuko & wazari into a pin. Osae-komi & Fernandes gave up. Jimmy takes the bronze!

blooming lotus
08-17-2004, 04:20 AM
saw some awesome gymnastics routines from the USA boys today. Kinda sorted ma related. Check them out if you get a chance ;)

Ming Yue
08-17-2004, 04:45 AM
Friday at 7pm in our area, Oso. Bravo I think.

midnight most of the week otherwise

Chang Style Novice
08-17-2004, 06:19 AM
Stayed up 'til one to watch the Judo - all they showed was Jimmy Pedro's final match for the on of the bronze medals (and why does Olympic Judo have two Bronzes, anyway?) and the end of the match for the gold in the same weight class.

The latter really p!ssed me off, because it looked like it ended with a really crafty double leg ippon off a countered attempt at...something. And then they didn't show a replay!

I want my slo-mo replay d@mnit! From seven different angles, too!

Oso
08-17-2004, 07:43 PM
mebbe the friday evening will be better.

stayed up once to watch the midnight show and was disappointed.

anyone know how that 17 year old girl from CO is doing?

the men's team gymnastics event was pretty tight, Japan really rocked and the US guys did too.

man, that freaking horizontal iron cross thing is insane.

i'm sure handball is tight, I love raquetball so it would have to be similar, my only point was IF handball is Olympic material then they need to get off their asses and get some san shou and wu shu in their.

did see some boxing the other night, just the little guys (125) though.

(wander's off to see if he still has the borrowed copy of 101 Ippons....)

yenhoi
08-17-2004, 11:15 PM
Ive taped all 4 Judo matches they have aired. :mad:

Anyone have any links to Current Olmypic Judo stuff? Even weirdo foreign stuff will do.

:(

SevenStar
08-18-2004, 12:47 AM
rick hawn - US, 81kg and ronda rousey - US, 61kg are out of contention. The 90kg is tonight, I believe.

SevenStar
08-18-2004, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by Oso

anyone know how that 17 year old girl from CO is doing?

she's out.

kungfuchic
08-18-2004, 11:23 AM
yeah that'd rock if chinese martial arts got into the olympic sports. heck if tae kwon do and judo is in it why isn't cma?

i wonder which US kungfu/wushu federation will be in control of an olympic team.

i read in the paper that attendance to the olympic sports is really low, even the popular events. i heard once ticket sold for $36, normal price is $80.

i guess tv gives a better view anyway

yenhoi
08-18-2004, 12:48 PM
Tickets are basically free now. The Greeks are literally handing them out in the streets.

:eek:

red5angel
08-18-2004, 12:50 PM
Even weirdo foreign stuff will do.

I've heard that about you Yenhoi..... ;)

Ming Yue
08-18-2004, 12:54 PM
Athens has been building infrastructure and planning for these events for a loooong time. Maybe the folks there are just over it.

blooming lotus
08-18-2004, 07:39 PM
I did catch some judo highlights but missed the bulk.....is there any more and when Beijing time should I glue myself to TV???

Ps.. anyone see those lilk lithey fml gymnastists??.......... obviously worked their as*es off, but for god sake., even with bw mastery and agilty, eat a freakin sandwhich !!!!!!!!! :rolleyes: :p

SevenStar
08-18-2004, 09:05 PM
Two more US judoka - Celita Schutz and Brian Olson were eliminated tonight.

Brad
08-18-2004, 09:21 PM
yeah that'd rock if chinese martial arts got into the olympic sports. heck if tae kwon do and judo is in it why isn't cma?

i wonder which US kungfu/wushu federation will be in control of an olympic team.
There's some issues on how the USAWKF is organized that could keep them from getting recognized by the USOC. I'd assume Anthony Goh and his people are working on the issue though. It'd be pretty embarising I think if the Vice President of the IWUF, and president of the Pan Am federation failed to get his own domestic organization recognized(if wushu's approved for Olympics). Alternatives to the USAWKF would be the U.S. Wushu Union, who would also have to reorganize(they've been thinking about the issue since they were formed though), and the AAU(Amatuer Athletic Union?).

yenhoi
08-19-2004, 06:46 PM
You guys want to see Forms compitions in the Olympics?

Lordy.

:rolleyes:

AkuYuni
09-16-2004, 09:28 AM
handball in the olympics? no way, man! the best thing to watch was the trampoline jumpers. points taken off for jumping "outside the box" and "decreasing altitude." best. sport. ever.

blooming lotus
09-16-2004, 09:08 PM
and those divers with their aerial mastery!!!

I watched a doco a bit back of an olympic diver, can't remember his name 'less I heard it, but the guy did ?? olympic meets in a row, took a few yrs off with intention to quit, coaches current team sucking and coachey sweating / worrying about his own job/ future and livlihood ( though competitor way and well over it ) and that of future diving competitors, so the dude, after 2 yrs + off !!!! adipose and all, made a huge comeback to save chinese diving and his pay homage to his coach in way of career longevity.........

I'm no sad sack, but this shyte was tear jerking.......he didn't wanna do it ya know??

now THAT my friends is serious appreciation and fulfilling your duty!!!!!!!

Ps: have you seen what China 's turning out in way of divers lately??!!!!

mission successful and constitution marryable!!!!!!