PDA

View Full Version : STOH Manhattan Branch Grand Opening

mello
08-15-2004, 09:54 AM
Hello Everyone,

The Shaolin Temple Overseas Headquarters will be opening our new Manhattan Branch. Please join us in the Grand Opening ceremonies on Wednesday, August 18th, 10:30 a.m.

Click on the link for more info: shaolin-overseas.org (http://shaolin-overseas.org)

Amituofo.

spaz_dragon
08-15-2004, 10:10 AM
yay! i really hope i can make it out!!! even though i can't perform, i wanna at least take pictures! just hope that someone will switch shifts with me at work, hehe. eh, i might call out. this is more important to me, lol.

Pk_StyLeZ
08-15-2004, 10:56 AM
hahaha i called out to go to new jersey..well not really..but i gave a really short notice and i almost got fired cuz i went to new jersey...hahaha dat how much shaolin is important to me..lolz...is manhantan da one where master justin zhang teaches at??if so cool..tell hm i said hi..doubt he knows who i am though..never really told him my name lolz...but ya hahahaha

spaz_dragon
08-15-2004, 10:59 AM
master zhang's school is in upper manhattan (near lincoln center). this school is opening up in chinatown (lower manhattan). and as of now, i'm not up to date with who's going to teach there. i just hope that they all still teach in flushing! but i'll be sure to tell master zhang that you said hey :)

Pk_StyLeZ
08-15-2004, 11:54 AM
hey vara.....how many monks do u train with in guolin school??is guolin the main one u tran with??u have aim??

spaz_dragon
08-15-2004, 02:54 PM
let's see. as of now, we have 6 monks teaching us, and 3 non-monks, and 3 additional instructors. i hope i got that right, lol. but yeah, it's a lot. HUGE honor! like, when i came to shaolin temple originally, i was like...wow, such an honor to be training under a shaolin monk! but now, so many...the honor is overwhelming! it's great. it's amazing how different each of them teach too. it's good though, to get different perspectives on different things.

Premier79
08-15-2004, 03:06 PM
Hi Vara,

I'm a student at the STOH but having been there in a coulple of months but will be returing soon in a week or two. Do you know if HengShan will still be at the main branch in Flushing? Thanks.

spaz_dragon
08-15-2004, 03:31 PM
yes, as far as i've been told, heng shan shifu will still be stationed at the flushing location.

Ted
08-17-2004, 06:28 AM
Spaz-
Wow thats alot of instructors/monks. What are there names. I used to train with Guolin Shifu years ago when it was just him and Hengxin Shifu. Is Mae still around? Good luck with your training and maybe I'll see u there sometime.

oh and btw....... nice form. Did guolin shifu teach it to you? Also did STOH change their uniform? I see in the pictures your wearing all orange.

spaz_dragon
08-17-2004, 08:03 AM
hey ted. please excuse my spelling, but here are the names of the monks: shi guolin, heng shan, yian san, heng xiou, heng jung, heng xiao. 4 of them teach the adult-level classes. hmmm, the uniform. hard to say what shifu is doing with the new one. only a select few own and perform in the new one so far (i have no idea why, lol). and yes, mei is still training at STOH. i hope i answered your questions :) .

Premier79
08-17-2004, 08:05 AM
Oh that's great that HengShan will still be there. See you in class soon.

GeneChing
08-17-2004, 10:41 AM
You should post this on our calendar (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/news/index.php). Oh wait, it's tomorrow. Never mind. Hope someone can post some pics!

Pk_StyLeZ
08-17-2004, 06:55 PM
yes pics pics and videos too!!!
all those 6 monks 3 non monks and insturctors be performing too??
take pic of eachone i wanna see!!! lolz
videos too!!!!!
okie enough from me

spaz_dragon
08-17-2004, 10:22 PM
due to my recent injury, i will not be performing :o ...however, i will be taking some pictures instead. hmmmm, i will try my best to make a way for everyone to see the images. i'm also hoping that when our web designer gets back from vacation, that he can post some on our site too! i'm really stupid when it comes to computers...so bear with me, lol. i'll keep ya updated though ;). as far as videos go, i won't have access to anything like that, even if there are clips floating around somewhere.

GeneChing
08-18-2004, 10:23 AM
What happened, spaz_dragon?

spaz_dragon
08-18-2004, 09:09 PM
ah, you know...just doing a tornado kick split...and well, let's just say that my foot stood it's ground, while my ankle decided to keep going. POP! i then proceeded to chinese torture, uh, i mean doctor. and he got me walking again! omg, so painful. he said it was a really bad sprain, and a possible pulled tendon, or something like that, heh. it's better, but i won't be able to show action film academy everything i got this weekend :(:(:(:(:(. grrr. when i get back though (from the workshop), i'll try to figure out how to post up images of the grand opening though!!! :) wish me luck guys!, lol.

Shaolinlueb
08-19-2004, 07:00 AM
i thought they already had a manhatten branch that justin zhang was teaching at?

Ted
08-19-2004, 09:36 AM
Thanks for the reply spaz_dragon. Is this branch going to be a full time school like STOH and offer daily instruction or just offer a few weekly classes? Pictures of the event or other STOH events would be cool. I haven't been there in a long time and would love to see how people have progressed. You could always get setup with webshots (webshots.com) or ofoto (ofoto.com) and setup online picture albums. They're free.

GeneChing
08-20-2004, 09:15 AM
Take care of that ankle. My bet is that your bad about taking care of injuries, like most young'ens :p but beware! Untended injuries catch up to you.

Looking forward to your posts on the opening here!

spaz_dragon
08-22-2004, 04:28 PM
thanks for the site for pics. i'll look into it as soon as i get a free moment, lol. and yes, the it's going to be a full schedule like the STOH (http://www.shaolin-overseas.org/) in flushing. it is a different branch from master zhang's school. both are still associated with flushing branch. and, yes gene, i've been careful with my ankle :). it won't let me do otherwise, lol. everytime i try to move in a new way, it just gives out :( . it's getting better though. went to the action film academy (http://www.actionfilmacademy.com) and got certified by SASA (http://www.sasastunts.com/staff.htm) to be a stunt woman for films! i recommend this program ;)