PDA

View Full Version : Stories about your Sifu's streetfighting successes?

WCFighter
07-12-2001, 05:07 PM
Hi everyone,

I think everyone loves hearing stories like this.

Personally I never hung out with my Sifu after
classes, but other classmates of mine did, and were able to see him step in and help people
in distress, or handle personal attacks in bars
and such.

One time, according to my kung fu brother, they
were in a bar and these 4 guys started attacking
a good friend of my Sifu.
My Sifu stepped in and within seconds all the
bad guys were on the floor either knocked out,
or hurt badly enough that they told him they had enough and would leave now.

Another time, he was with another one of my
kung fu brothers walking down into the subway.
When 3 adult punks came running down the stairs
and deliberately pushed an old lady out of the way
and down the stairs in an attempt to catch
the subway car.
Well, they didn't make the subway car, and my Sifu
went up to them and started giving them heck for
hurting this poor old lady just for a subway car; what were they thinking? Well, they weren't in
a state of mind to be apologetic, and the leader
made an effort to punch my teacher.
My Sifu dropped him like a bad habit and the 2 others as they tried to hit him as well.
When the police showed up, he was cleared because a lot of bystanders had witnessed the fact that these *****s were the cause of all this violence.

Another time, (he lived in a really bad neighborhood) he told me that he got into an altercation with 7 guys, and he knew it was better to run instead of fight (he wasn't stupid). He lost them all, but over the next week, he tracked each one of them down and fought them one on one; beating the stuffing out of each one.

The only time I ever witnessed any scuffles involving my Sifu was during class time.

Sometimes people with bad attitudes or alterior
motives would come in and participate in classes, and end up being intentionally rough with juniors.
My Sifu would innocently ask to train with them in the drills to see if they would continue being *****s. The ones that did got put in pecking order
really quickly. He wouldn't cause them to bleed or knock them out as he was known to do in streetfights, but he would roll punch them really hard in the chest, and pak sao them viciously on the arms. Then he would throw them out physically.

Well enough of my stories ,
what stories would you guys/gals like
to share?!!!!!

"Kick his ass, Sea-Bass!" - Dumb and Dumber

Owen
07-12-2001, 05:44 PM
Once my Sigung was in town and out carousing with some of my older brothers.
One of my sihing ended up in some altercation that seemed like it was going to escalate into an actual fight.
Some large student jock guy had taken issue with my sihing and was gesturing with an unlit cigartte in his hand.
After a few minutes of **** talking there was a moment of tense silence. It was looking like the guy was going to take a swing at my sihing. my Sigung stood up and walked over to the guy. THe rest of my brothers were really getting nervous at this point.
My sigung stepped into the space between the big guy and my sihing, took out his lighter and stared at the guy. he lit the guys cigarette.
The guy looked at my sigung for another second, and walked away.
I thought that was some good kung fu.

My Sifu and Sigung have been in fights, but they dont talk abotu them, or they do very rarely.

EmptyCup
07-12-2001, 09:20 PM
Hello guys :)

WCFighter, is your school in Toronto? I know there's a William Cheung tradition school at College and Yonge in Toronto

My teacher rarely ever fought, he fought a boxer when he was younger and beat him up pretty bad and some punks who tried to rob him, but the best fight he was in, is some big secret nobody's supposed to know about

There used to be a famous wing chun fighter in Hong Kong who was undefeated in numerous challenge fights who is now desceased, but he went against my teacher before and lost. Two of my teachers students and two-three of the other sifus students were present at the time. My sifus basement was totally demolished :)

My sifu told his students that were present to tell nobody what had happened but there's no such thing as a secret as the story is still circulating to this day. I heard about it from my dad way back but my wing chun brothers now have heard of this also

I would have given anything to see that fight and I can't even ask my sifu for details since I'm not supposed to know about it :(

But to be fair to the other sifu who lost, his famous days were in the past and he was two years older than my sifu when this occured, as well as the fact that he was a heavy smoker and drinker at the time this happened

WCFighter
07-12-2001, 09:49 PM
Cool story.

Yes our school is on 1 Wood Street, one street
North of Yonge & College, and on the East side of
Yonge Street.

My Sifu was certified as an "Sifu" (Level 10) in
William Cheung's Traditional Wing Chun Kung Fu
system in 1994, but later chose not to participate in the business franchise end of it. As a result,
the WWCKFA does not list his name as being a current member of the WWCKFA. He respects William Cheung very much, and teaches us what he knows.

After a death in his family last summer, my Sifu
stopped teaching Wing Chun, and moved away.

Before this happened however, he had managed to
bring a few of his longtime students to the
instructor level. We have kept the school open
for business so that we can have a place to train.

Life (and training) goes on!

:D

EmptyCup
07-12-2001, 10:04 PM
what was your sifus name?

so who runs your club now? the students, or your teacher still? or is it just a "gathering" club now instead of a school per se...

i don't like the politics around william cheung and the whole traditional versus modified debate with the VT Association, but I respect him for his skills. I've heard many stories about his fighting abilities when he was in his prime from people who knew him in Australia and Hong Kong. My teacher said he had great hands during the Yip Man days :)

WCFighter
07-12-2001, 10:44 PM
Our Sifu's name was Sean O'Neil.

Like I stated in my last post, his instructors
are running the school.

The school is open for business; We teach Traditional Wing Chun Kung Fu as we were taught
by Sifu Sean O'Neil, but the school is not affiliated with the WWCKFA.

Chum Kil
07-12-2001, 11:12 PM
WCFighter

Basically the same story with my Sifu with William Cheung. Sifu was the President or Vice-President of the Association and left. Sifu still teaches Traditional Wing Chun, but has added/changed a few things I believe. As I have stated in a previous post, the Wing Chun that is being taught now is different from what Sifu Cheung taught in the 80's. I've been told this and have read this from his Sifu's from the 80's. Have you had any experience with this? How long have you been training?

John

Have little and gain;
Have much and be confused.

benny
07-13-2001, 07:56 AM
empty cup:
"There used to be a famous wing chun fighter in Hong Kong who was undefeated in numerous challenge fights who is now desceased, but he went against my teacher before and lost. "
i dont think its in the interest of politics to say on the internet that your sifu beat up this other sifu without saying who it is. if you cant talk about it dont. why **** alot of people off with leaveing it open so that it could be any of the masters under yip man. its easy to say stuff without haveing to back it up with anything to back it up. the amount of crap that comes out of peoples mouth is austounding so why should we beleive that this is any differrent. we dont even know who your sifu is, so why should we beleive you.
my point is it is very easy to say my sifu beat up a really famous ving tsun sifu but i cant tell you who it is. my teacher never told me but other students did. you look at the emin boztepe and william cheung thing. both tell everyone that they won. and that was on video. people interept things the way they want. :rolleyes:

Sihing73
07-13-2001, 05:22 PM
Hello,

You know I find it interesting when people talk about how many fights or how tough their Sifu/Sigung/Sihings are. Kinda makes wonder about the motivation behind the art
;)

So far, Owens example seems like the mark of a true master. He was obviously confident enough in his ability to "NOT FIGHT". Instead he defused the situation and everyone went about their business. IMO, this is someone worth training under.

I feel one should fight in defense of ones family and others. I do not feel one should fight for fightings sake. I used to like to fight, but I think I grew up :p Although in some ways I am still a child :rolleyes: at least according to my wife.

Peace,

Dave

EmptyCup
07-13-2001, 07:19 PM
The post asked for stories about people’s sifus in fights. I answered with a story of my own and it is precisely in the interest of politics that I didn’t name the other sifu. It’s just a story and people who knew the other sifu would know who I’m talking about based on some of the information contained within...if you don’t then it’s not your sifu or one you knew. You don’t have to believe anything I tell you, you’re entitled not to, but this is my story, take it or leave it.

benny
07-14-2001, 05:01 AM
"My sifu told his students that were present to tell nobody what had happened"

if it was in the interest of politics and you actually listened to what your sifu said then you would not have put it on the net anyway. Oh the guy asked so i had to tell him is a three yr olds excuse.
i know it isnt my lineage but that is not the point. there is enough s$%^t about people beating this guy and that without putting stuff up that doesnt tell who any of the people are it just makes vague surgestions about every person that learnt off yip man that has died.
:confused:

EmptyCup
07-14-2001, 05:27 AM
i guess it's your right to correct me then dad :rolleyes:

i deeply apologize that you took offense at my post and will ask your permission from now on before i say what i want...after all it isn't a free country, Canada.

I hope you'll forgive me and please put me in my place whenever you feel like from now on...really, i'm serious! ;)

benny
07-16-2001, 06:40 AM
dont worry i will ;)

popsider
07-19-2001, 01:36 PM
Empty Cup,

Secret fight, don't bull**** us pal, do you really think that something like that would remain a secret for long? It seems strange that these defeats become known once the man is dead. Those that feed off another's reputation do so because they can't make a reputation of their own.

whippinghand
07-19-2001, 03:44 PM
A street fight is by no means a success. Why insult your sifu by advertising it on the net?

TzuChan
07-19-2001, 05:29 PM
Owen

your post rocked :)

As to the streer fighting, dunno, my teacher has this large scar in his face. DOn't have a clue where it comes from, it could be by a fight, but for the same it could have been made by him falling from his bike :/ I mean I really don't know, I only had 1 lesson and wasn't really going to ask him something likz "So dude, when you gonne tell us where you got that l33t scar from ?" :D

And to the guys ******* up this topic, please don't :p I like to hear stories :D

Wing Chun is h o l l y

WCFighter
07-19-2001, 05:40 PM
Whipping Hand,

I understand your statement about winning a street fight , not being a success; because utlimately it is better not to fight if you can avoid it.

But I do not agree with your entire statement.

I do not consider it as an insult to my Sifu if I advertise the fact that he can take care of himself very well OUTSIDE THE SCHOOL IN REAL SITUATIONS.

I would rather train with someone who is known to handle himself well in real life combat situations ( or full contact tournaments)
rather than with someone who has never tested his skills outside his school.

I think it is human nature to seek out teachers with solid knowledge in Theory AND Application; rather than seek out teachers with just solid knowledge in Theory.

That's my opinion anyway.

Do you consider it an insult to Yip Man, Bruce Lee, Wong Shong Leung, William Cheung, Leung Ting,
Emin Boztepe, etc when their students speak of the Legendary fights they had on the street when they APPLIED their Wing Chun?

I don't think its insulting!

:rolleyes:

EmptyCup
07-19-2001, 05:43 PM
If it's true how can it be bull? That makes no sense. Can't famous fighters meet defeat? Or are they invincible...btw, this happened while he was living and he was alive for long after while this was circulating. It was mostly his students who spread the story and I'm sure if you asked him if he were alive today, he'd tell you the story since he was one who wouldn't feel a need to deny the truth because of a hurt ego. Unlike others out there...

But since he's dead, you all are going to say I can say whatever I want. But you know what? You don't know anything and it's a shame people have to always go looking for something to pick on...

popsider
07-19-2001, 06:08 PM
Basically you shouldn't implicate people in your story, either have the bollocks to name them or don't hint at it.

Chum Kil
07-19-2001, 06:26 PM
E-mail me John.Styrnol@hill.af.mil

John

Have little and gain;
Have much and be confused.

Losttrak
07-19-2001, 08:01 PM
My sifu went back to Shanghai to visit and had recently hurt his back. He spent some time getting his back worked on by this female therapist during his stay. One day he took this attractive, younger therapist out to lunch and some younger guys were teasing him in the restaurant. Apparently, something was said to sifu and he replied, "I am old enough to be your father." Now, keep in mind that sifu had been in America for years and years and he roughly translated the American phrase into Chinese. Apparently, the youths were unfamiliar with the phrase and interpreted it as, "I am old enough to have slept with your mother, and could be your father." At least in retrospect thats what he thinks. Anyways, these five guys proceeded to attack him but his back was too injured to use My Jhong. He then whipped out some good ole Tai Chi and started tossing them around until the police arrived. Would have been a sight to see.

BTW Owen, that story was pretty good. =p

"If you and I agree all the time, then one of us is unnecessary."

S.Teebas
07-19-2001, 08:45 PM
An old sifu of mine (meaning i have since changed schools) was at a bar with some friends. Anyway, he spotted a group sitting across the room and saw one of the guys slap this chick across the face pretty hard. So he stands up, walks over to them and tell the guy "Hey mate, you dont hit girls...now appolagise".

This guy wasnt too impressed and took a swing at him. 3 seconds later 'Mr ***** slap' was on the floor... and 3 big friends of his decide to take a stab at some revenge. ...mistake; he wipped the floor with them too. That week our school gained ALOT of new students.

S.Teebas

whippinghand
07-20-2001, 07:22 AM
Yip Man fought only if it was necessary, for the the good of the people. Everyone else that you listed fought, because they were punks.

EmptyCup
07-20-2001, 07:45 AM
ahhhh!!!! So you DO have some relation to Yip Man??? WCFighter got a rise out of you didn't he? Otherwise, if Yip Man was not part of your lineage then you wouldn't know jack about him now would you??? And if he IS part of your lineage, then all the stuff you say is trash :) Because the advice and opinions you give are not Yip Man's Wing Chun concepts

Anyways, Yip Man wasn't a saint you know. He didn't always fight for a just cause. What do you call his fight with Leung Bik and then losing his temper when he lost?

And not disrespecting my Si-Gung but realistically, he wasn't a moral teacher either. He told his students to go out and fight to see if their Wing Chun worked. Examples: Bruce Lee, Wong Shun Leung, William Cheung, Hawkins Cheung, the VERY PEOPLE YOU SAID WERE PUNKS were all told by Yip Man HIMSELF at one time or another, to go out and start fights. ALOT of our Wing Chun was improved by Yip Man with the aid of Wong Seung Leung's exploits in "bei mo" fights. Yip Man never told Wong to stop, but rather, he encouraged it because it placed Wing Chun on the map.

So get your facts straight.

whippinghand
07-20-2001, 07:57 AM
Yip Man fooled Hong Kong, well.

EmptyCup
07-20-2001, 08:10 AM
He did. He taught very few people the whole system. Most only learned less than 1/4 of it. The Wooden Dummy, 8 Chop Knives, 6 1/2 point pole, Biu Tze were almost never taught openly.

He taught only for money because the Japanese took it all in WWII. Even when you look at Chum Kiu, Biu Tze and the Knife sets of various teachers who learned under him today, they are all different. The footwork is all different.

What happened to styles like Bak Mei happened with Wing Chun too. There is no consistency or standards now in Wing Chun (at least from the Yip Man line).

That's why even though I don't believe that say, William Cheung's claims are true, I don't doubt that Yip Man let him believe that he was inheriting secrets withheld from other disciples.

The people who learned everything had to do more than just pay. They had to basically brownnose and get on his good side to learn extra stuff. Nowadays we take it for granted that Martial Arts is a business transaction where you pay and you get taught. In the past, you had to be allowed to pay, and your teacher had to like you to teach you the "real" stuff.

whippinghand
07-20-2001, 01:18 PM
I believe is was simply a matter of the Hong Kong people, being too stupid to handle the real stuff. Like Chin Na, for example, you would have had all the people listed in the prior post, going out into the street, picking fights, and hurting people unnecessarily, just to feed their ego. Who would it have fall upon? Yip Man.

And if you think about Hong Kong mentality, it's very fast-paced, "what's next", "don't waste time", "what's the next technique", "what do I use it against", "what's the counter for that". Would you teach these people dangerous techniques?

mysteri
07-22-2001, 10:51 AM
my sifu fought in hong kong back in the days when the likes of his friends bruce lee, duncan leung & others fought in the streets(not for bragging, jus chronological) anyway, he once defeated every member of a popular gang back then (don't ask me who). the gang was so embarass and enraged that they chased him all over hong kong that day with clubs, chains, knives, etc.(****, i wonder what the hell he did to those guys?) when he first came to washington,d.c. in the 60's and 70's, he said that when he first opened up his school, he got challenged about every single day by the likes of many different martial artists: boxers, thai boxers, karate, TKD, judo, other KF stlyes. he said all of the sudden people stopped challenging him! ;o) there was also a simple funny little incident(a common occurence) where a guy attempted to mug him with a knife. (sifu was known for his lightning fast and thunder strong kicks back then.) before thet guy could even blink, sifu nonchalantly kicked the knife out of the guys hand and said,"you want to try and pick it up?" i jus get a chuckle when i think about the story. hope this was interesting and i hope noone thinks i'm gloating. good luck!

In a fight you should never stick to principles; they should stick to you!

whippinghand
07-22-2001, 08:16 PM
Even though I wasn't like that at 15, I wouldn't expect anything different from a 15 year old. Most of the 15 year olds I've come across, seem to think they know everything. Why would Yip Man be any different.?

TzuChan
07-22-2001, 09:16 PM
Because he's the pope ... ow wait .. my bad :D

Wing Chun is h o l l y

whippinghand
07-23-2001, 12:15 AM
"Anyways, Yip Man wasn't a saint you know. He didn't always fight for a just cause. What do you call his fight with Leung Bik and then losing his temper when he lost?"

He was 15 years old...

EmptyCup
07-23-2001, 12:44 AM
fifteen is old enough to know better...I wasn't like that when I was fifteen, I don't know about you...

benny
07-31-2001, 10:47 AM
most of the people you said fought to prove and better the style that is the only true way of developing ving tsun trial and error

JasBourne
07-31-2001, 04:31 PM
My school is in a seedy part of town, and I watch tuffguys coming into the kwoon all the time. Many times, we get local gangbangers who are just curious or bored. They watch us practice, think it's bullsh!t, start talking trash. Every now and then, teacher will go up to them and say, ok, show me what you got. These guys will get all puffed up, take a swing. Teacher drops them. Tuffguys get ticked off, come up mad, really swinging. Teacher drops 'em. Sometimes they sign up for training, mostly they mutter and grumble and slink away. Never seen a single one land anything on teacher. Only thing landing is their butts on the mat. :D

chi-kwai
07-31-2001, 07:52 PM
So, a person gets jumped and manages to walk away because he is trained in wing chun. one shouldn't be proud to have the skills needed to defened themself?

it is one thing to boast about your fight, but its wholly different to tell someone about a fight you had as a response to their question.

if you don't study wing chun in order to proficient in the art, why study it at all? it is, last i checked, a fighting system.

--
chi kwai

Super-Fist
07-31-2001, 10:55 PM
Amen to that chi kwai.

mysteri
08-01-2001, 09:19 AM
that's funny to me. have you ever had to drop anyone who came into the school yourself? or have you ever been in a situation where someone doubted your ability and you fought them? just curious.

In a fight you should never stick to principles; they should stick to you!

whippinghand
08-02-2001, 06:21 AM
What exactly are you talking about? I think you have your points mixed up.

chi-kwai
08-02-2001, 03:42 PM
look back to your first post in this thread. I apologize for not quoting you initially, but I figured you would have remembered what you posted, seeing how little you typically offer in the way of typing. Please accept my abject apologies.

Anyhow, here is a recap of what you said, just in case.

--------------------------------------------------
street fight success?
A street fight is by no means a success. Why insult your sifu by advertising it on the net?
--------------------------------------------------

--
chi kwai

whippinghand
08-03-2001, 04:33 AM
Well, if you don't understand the message, then you're not meant to.

TzuChan
08-03-2001, 01:55 PM
I totally agree with chi kwai, you don't study martial arts to get better at drawing, or playing soccer .. you study it to be able to defend you and of course for the fun of practicing it.

But Whipping Hand, I really think you should wake up, don't know how old you are, but the way you think Yip Man was a God and a Saint is really child-like. It's like back in pre-school thinking your gym-teacher is THE best at soccer cause you never ever saw him missing a shot, for all you know he could beat Zidane on one leg.. What do you think Yip Man was ? You think he didn't have to go to the toilet to take a **** ? You think he never made mistakes in his life ? You seriously think he never had a fight outside and for a disrespectal way (for example the fight could have been avoided but he was so mad or something that he slapped a dude here and there :D) Everybody makes mistakes (oh yeah, INCLUDING YIP MAN) and learsn from them.

Wing Chun is h o l l y

weakstudent
08-03-2001, 02:35 PM
tzu'chan everyone makes mistakes is right but do you know for a fact about yip man. do you know anything about his private life. and i don't mean things you heard and read. for whipping hand to
treat the memory of yip man the way he does is a credit to the art. if he wants to place yip man on the top of the wing chun chain then yip man has earn the right to be respected and remember in that way. i also respect yip man for his skill
just look at all the students that have become sifu's under him. their is not one yip man student thats isn't respected for his skill
so show some respect for people who skills you will never appoach . in your life time

nelson

TzuChan
08-03-2001, 02:41 PM
Of course I respect Yip Man, jeez, but not as a God. I respect him as a human being, and for the goals in his life he achieved and the wonderfull art he developped for us. But don't go placing him next to Zeus on the Olympus. I think that's not what he was aiming for neither !! I have total respect for him, but not more or less then the guy I gave 5$ yesterday cause he was hungry. Everybody deserves an equal amount of respect. But that's of the topic from what you said I think. All I'm saying is, he was fuxing human too u know, he made mistakes, and a sa matter of fact I haven't read about him as much as you guys cause right now I'm more interested in Leung Tin. Thinking he was perfect is plain .. stupid

Wing Chun is h o l l y

chi-kwai
08-03-2001, 06:58 PM
...is to argue with him.

such is the way of the troll.

whippinghand
08-04-2001, 09:13 AM
It seems, by your posts, that the only person putting Yip Man beside God or Zeus, is you. Try not to be hypocritical, and try not to blow things out of proportion. Hypocrisy and exaggeration make for an inferior martial artist.

TzuChan
08-04-2001, 04:42 PM
Well let me tell you what, Whippin Slap, you *****ing around here really doesn't do any good in posts. And about me being inferial martial artist, I think I am, I only started 1 month , and still have much to learn. But of course I wouldn't want to argue with Mr. Bruce himself :D
Cause your replies always are .. like total bull**** enwrapped in a nice cover

Wing Chun is h o l l y

EmptyCup
08-04-2001, 07:16 PM
I guess somebody has the guts to say what we've all been thinking for sometime now :)

AMEN ;)

whippinghand
08-05-2001, 06:50 AM
It relates to OdderMensch's recent post in the "Once you are on the floor..." thread, something having to do with not responding to negative posts....

Everytime you see the name "Whipping Hand", don't read it! Hey! What a concept!

However, if you see "Whipping Fist", or "Slapping Hand", or "Slapping Fist", or "Whipping" or anything similar to my alias, you may want to read that post, because that most likely will not be written by me.

Easy enough? If not, by all means, let me know. I can explain it in further detail, or in another manner that you might understand. I'm always willing to accomodate juniors...

EmptyCup
08-05-2001, 06:53 AM
why don't you follow your own advice? "Don't respond to negative posts"???

TzuChan
08-05-2001, 10:36 PM
Well, if you really want me to understand it, perhaps you could draw me a picture :D

Wing Chun is h o l l y

Vankuen
08-05-2001, 10:37 PM
Heres what Im thinking. The person who started this thread wanted to exchange ideas about their teachers martial arts bouts. Thats all. They didnt want the stories analyzed, criticized (sp?) or anything else for that matter.

Either read the stories and be happy, maybe giving one of your own..or just dont come in this thread. Its simple isnt it?

Most of us in here are adults I would think, so lets all start acting the part. Im sure that if we were all in a room sitting around and talking things wouldnt escalate to this point....so why does it always happen here?

Lets show the true essence of the martial artist, and not be led to a path of rhetorical babble.

"From one thing know ten thousand" - Miyomato Musashi, Book of five rings

TzuChan
08-05-2001, 11:00 PM
Because if we would be in the same room you would have the danger of being attacked by 3754 Martial Artists. While here the worst thing that could happen is somebody writing in an ugly font :D

Wing Chun is h o l l y

Wongsifu
08-06-2001, 01:03 AM
I love these sort of stories theyre really cool, mianly because its kinda like a case of huray the good guy wins again. I dont seee why you get all flustered about them if a sifu is picked on ok but idont think anyones sifu is such a dick he will go out and start fights on his own.
Anyway my 2 stories from 2 diff sifu's
My previous sifu used to be like 18 and he hadnt started his kung fu yet but he always watched dodgy bruce lee movies and stuff like that and did his hiyaaaa karate stuffyou know kinda stuff we did with the broomsticks when we were kids .. hey wait a minute i still do that.!!
Anyway he was in the car one day with a friend who was a bit weak and fragile think he had a back problem, anyway as they were driving this gang of about 12 15 people stopped the car and all circled it, and they started ripping off the antenna and kicking the car,no particular reason just the wrong place at the wrong time, anyway his friend and him get out , they pushed his friend he hits the pavement and goes out cold. so my sifu who then wasnt even a si-wannabee was stuck facing 12 odd big hairy gorrilla dudes as he put it. He goes they all started to rush me and the only thing i knew how to do was a front kick anyway he goes i front kicked a couple of them and they were hurt but theyre were so many they just kept coming he goes for about 2 minutes the same thing, eventually he goes a crowd formed around me watching the fight and the gang mingled with the crowd, so he goes people kept on jumping out of the crowd and hitting me in the back whilst i was fighting a couple in front of me. In the end he goes just with my front kicks i managed to hurt them enough till they ran away. Then he turns around and goes to me after all this fight my friends who were in the crowd ran up to me and all started saying are you ok here you lost your chain with your crucifix on it here let me get you a drink. I remember him saying his shoes were full of blood and then the cops came and tried to arrest him for fighting.
Since his sifu days no such stories though except for one,.... he owns this chinese restaurant and next door to it there is a strip club, anyway he doesnt condone his students going there so one night his head instructor went to the restaurant to eat with lots of othert students and the head instructor under him pays at the bar and walks out side then they all stand at the door see that the sifu is looking the other way and they all run next door to the strip bar :D
Anyway one night this guy was drunk and he came out of the SB and was basically shouting and causing hassle outside the strip joint (we dont have doormen in our country not that i know ofcourse but... anyway he moves on to the restaurant my sifu owns and continues being a pain kicking my sifus fence and breaking his lions etc. so my sifu comes out and tells the guy to stop, the guy had the normal hey man you know hwho i am ill kick your ass attitude so my sifu pulls off this lighting fast outside crescent kick about 1 cm from the tip off the guys nose... needless to say the guy sobered up in half a second and was like ok buddy ok....
My last story is about my sifu's sifu from china my real sifu. I donno much about this guy mainly because my sifu's english is about as intricately expressable as my chinese he watches schwarzeneger to learn english and i watch jet li moveis for my chinese anyway.... I donno where this was set or anything but all i know is my sifu's sifu has some rare for of iron body from tiger style that only a few peolpe in china know,and this has been passed on, from what i know the top generation guy is 90 years old now, and there are 2 sifu's under him and my sifu , which is surprisingly a lot of good generations of fighters the top guy is too old now but he knows tan tui and tiger style.
anyway my sifu's sifu got attacked one day by a gang of japanese, sorry my history sucks here so maybe you could explain when this happened, The head japanese guy swung his katana over his head down at my sigung in the traditional straight cut, my sigung dodged out of the way and did the "steven seagal cliche disarming technique"he basically grabbed the guys arm as it was at head level and followed it downwards then he twisted the wrist and disarmed the guy. My sifu then calmly proceeded to tell my he then broke the katana over his thigh. I asked him what happened after that but his english was to minimal most of it was explained using words like japan good sword and he showed me the movements.
I was like jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez a katana !!!!!!!!!!!!!

anyway guys just a couple of stories i picked up.....hope you like em

I AM THE OFFICIAL KUNG FU TROLL FROM NOW UNTIL I GET BANNED AHAHAHAHHA...MWAHAHAHAHAH.HEHEHEHE <insert evil laugh here>

Sihing73
08-06-2001, 01:59 AM
Hello,

I am sorry to be a little tardy in addressing this post. Guys, you need to calm down a bit. Don't let things upset you so. Some of you seem to be taking things pretty personally. Believe me, it's not worth the aggravation.

I do not want to close this topic but if we can not keep things civil then I will be forced to. Come on guys, you all were doing so well. Don't regress back to the petty insults and bickering.

PLEASE :)

Peace,

Dave

whippinghand
08-06-2001, 05:02 AM
Why not empty your cup.

EmptyCup
08-06-2001, 07:57 AM
*sigh* you've used this one already...for a man of such few words, you're wasting them trying to sound superior or pseudo-mature...why don't you just leave people alone in this forum instead of aggrevating every single person as if you're the expert on everything