PDA

View Full Version : getting back into it

HiddenShadow
08-17-2004, 10:36 AM
I have been training 4 days a week for some time now and just the other week, I went on vacation for about 10 days. Since I was camping and things, I didn't make time to do any kind of work out....bad move. My first day back to class (yesterday) absolutly killed me, I couldn't make it all the way through. I started feeling dizzy and couldn't continue. This never happened to me during class before, and it sucked...Ive never not been able to make it to the end of class. Was this a result of being lazy while away on vaction, or could it just be a dehydration thing. I normally dink a good amount of water before training begins...and yesterday I did the same. Any thoughts ? Has this ever happened to any of you before ? Thanks

IronFist
08-17-2004, 10:45 AM
Ten days off shouldn't kill you. It could even be good for you if you'd been training really hard prior to that. You probably just didn't eat or drink or sleep well on vacation and your body didn't want to do a lot of stuff when you got back. Make sure you get a good night's sleep and get your eating back on track and drink enough water and you should be fine.

HiddenShadow
08-17-2004, 10:54 AM
cool, thanks for the advice, Iron. Hopefully it was just a one time deal

IronMonkey
08-17-2004, 02:42 PM
Aw man, I remember when once I during my Wushu class on a Saturday when we get training at 12 morning, toward end of class, I started feeling real dizzy and felt sick, when class ended I thought I was gonna faint and put my head on my hand and sat for like 5 minutes and rested, then felt good again. Dunno why that happened, probably didnt have good sleep or not enough breakfast cause I havent stopped training during that time at all.

HiddenShadow
08-17-2004, 08:48 PM
yeah, thats kinda what happened to me. But today during class, I felt great, just like my old self. Whatever it was, its gone and hopefully wont happen again. It makes for no fun at all

IronFist
08-18-2004, 05:38 PM
Maybe your blood sugar dropped.