PDA

View Full Version : saw AVP

red5angel
08-17-2004, 03:23 PM
Not too bad, a little short, and there are some things I would have done different but I enjoyed it. Nothing like seeing an alien and a Predator trying to fukk each other up.

Starchaser107
08-17-2004, 03:44 PM
the critics seem to have hated it.
but what do they know anyway right.?.

Shaolinlueb
08-17-2004, 05:00 PM
oh man it was good up until the point where the same weakly alien took out two predators. :ghey:

mickey
08-17-2004, 05:48 PM
Greetings,

The film was okay. The film was a bit too dark. The human characters were not well developed. AVP does set itself up for a nice prequel where there are no humans involved: a war between the aliens and the predators. It would be great to see an epic picture like this with subtitles to boot!!

mickey

red5angel
08-18-2004, 09:36 AM
SPOILERS:

I would have done some things differently for sure. I wouldn't have killed off 2 of 3 predators as quickly, maybe one to show the aliens can be deadly but not both right after the other, near the beginning of the movie.
I wouldn't have killed the scottish dude right away either. He seemed to be the only real character in the movie, the rest were sort of cookie cutter. Him I would have killed towards the end for dramatic effect.
I would have made it longer, to me it was fairly short.

Overall I enjoyed it enough to purchase it when it comes out on DVD.

Shaolinlueb
08-18-2004, 11:40 AM
it nwas kinda short wasnt it? and whats the deal with the alien head shield? :(

red5angel
08-18-2004, 02:17 PM
actually I thought the shield was sort of cool, true sign of a warrior when you can make weapns and armor out of anything.

Shaolinlueb
08-18-2004, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by red5angel
actually I thought the shield was sort of cool, true sign of a warrior when you can make weapns and armor out of anything.

yeah but it was kinda corny, how come she didnt get burnt at all by the acid?

red5angel
08-19-2004, 11:12 AM
well, I sort of got away from trying to question inconsistancies in hollywood. My brain brings that sort of stuff up but honestly there is no good answer other then that the director decided it would be cool and so decided to ignore the fact the acid would be an issue.
Eventually the acid neutralizes itself when exposed to oxygen so maybe that could be used as a weak excuse.

Shaolinlueb
08-19-2004, 04:47 PM
well, I sort of got away from trying to question inconsistancies in hollywood. My brain brings that sort of stuff up but honestly there is no good answer other then that the director decided it would be cool and so decided to ignore the fact the acid would be an issue.
Eventually the acid neutralizes itself when exposed to oxygen so maybe that could be used as a weak excuse.

not bad i like it, but it totally messes with alien 3's plot where that trillionare inventor guy goes and visit's ripley on the prison planet.

red5angel
08-20-2004, 08:20 AM
not bad i like it, but it totally messes with alien 3's plot where that trillionare inventor guy goes and visit's ripley on the prison planet.

Actually that guy was an ancestor of MR. Weyland from the AVP movie.

In Alines they refer to the "company" but you only ever see one or two references to Weyland/Yutani Corp. In the second Aliens, Bishop makes his appearance and the company is discussed in more detail, and Weyland/Yutani becomes an important name.
In the third one it is established that Bishop, the droid was modeled after the original Mr. Weyland, whose ancestor shows up to recover Ripley and the Queen alien and closely resembles the original Mr. Weyland.

Shaolinlueb
08-20-2004, 07:15 PM
Actually that guy was an ancestor of MR. Weyland from the AVP movie.

In Alines they refer to the "company" but you only ever see one or two references to Weyland/Yutani Corp. In the second Aliens, Bishop makes his appearance and the company is discussed in more detail, and Weyland/Yutani becomes an important name.
In the third one it is established that Bishop, the droid was modeled after the original Mr. Weyland, whose ancestor shows up to recover Ripley and the Queen alien and closely resembles the original Mr. Weyland.

woah.......

thats deep. :D thanks red