PDA

View Full Version : Sil Lum Tao question

Can-O-Bud
07-10-2001, 12:03 AM
I am relatively new to Sil Lum Tao.

When you guys do it are you relaxed like Tai Chi, or slightly tense?

Any info welcome.

"My twa boab"

greyseal
07-10-2001, 02:03 AM
Relaxed in some parts, and not necessarily tense in others. In Yan jeung(sp?), the two palm stikes, fa jing comes into play at the last moment.

weakstudent
07-25-2001, 03:32 AM
when doing the form i was told by my sifu to do the 1st third very slow this is to help your stance and to help the chi sink if you do it slow there will be natural tension in the arms the rest of the form you do at normal speed the key is to concentrate on the hand movement and form

nelson

Martial Joe
07-25-2001, 04:40 AM
Stay relaxed and in a good sunk stance,and just do the moves...just do them,and try not to get tense...

S.Teebas
07-25-2001, 07:13 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> ...the key is to concentrate on the hand movement... [/quote]

This is incorrect. Do not concentrate on positions, a better investement in yout time will come from:
* Relaxation
* Linking your body into one piece (achieved through relaxing)
* Directing force to the ground through your structure....things to be aware of are keeping your spine as straight as posible with out holding.
* When you perfom the movements of the SLT use your mind to direct/initiate the movement.
* focus and direct at opponents weak point where he will be un-balanced at contact (middle of the chest about 1 inch below the neck)

To more specifically answer your question, relaxed as possible while still able to maintain the correct shape. ie, stance shape, angle in your arms ; legs etc.... Hope this helps.

S.Teebashttp://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/Gif/krusty.gif