PDA

View Full Version : Passing this on from Rhadi

Merryprankster
08-18-2004, 10:07 AM
Another chapter of my life will come to a close tomorrow. I am not sure if I will continue to compete or not. I will make that decision later. But my 2004 Olympic competition chapter will close. And I would like to thank those that have joined me. And I want to say thank you to all of you that have sent a kind email, a kind voice mail and/or a kind word. I would also like to thank my naysayers. You all drive me to prove you wrong - to let you know that "as long as you have a lane - you have an opportunity!!"

The Olympic Games are an honor and I feel blessed to have been chosen by THE ONE to participate. For those of you that pray - please pray for me. For those of you that hope - hope that I do well and all of us competing leave the venue safe. And for those of you that know that some things only come by prayer and fasting - you know what to do!! :-)

I believe that I can win. If I didn't I wouldn't go out there. I came to win. Will I win? I sure hope so. If this was a horse race, I am sure that I wouldn't be the odds on favorite, but I would be THE THOROUGHBRED!!!!

Humbly,

Rhadi Ferguson
2004 Olympian

SevenStar
08-18-2004, 10:31 AM
he'll win.

Volcano Admim
08-18-2004, 10:32 AM
questions

1) so hes competing tomorrow?
2) who is "THE ONE" and how does he related to Neo?

btw dunno if you guys noticed
how olympic Judo is very very competitive
being a champ on ones country or even on other international competitions never garantee a gold medal on the olympics

Volcano Admim
08-19-2004, 03:39 PM
so how did the dude do?

Honorato (dude i was cheerin for, not the same weight as Randhi) lost some 2 time the other day

television aint showin sheyt though

they only praticaly showing voley, soccer, basketball, handball and wimmins gymastics
and im on class during judo times

Oso
08-19-2004, 06:06 PM
is this the match they are showing tomorrow night at 7pm eastern???

Volcano Admim
08-19-2004, 07:25 PM
i think they dont respond
cos they dont love us anymore
:(

David Jamieson
08-20-2004, 06:18 AM
lol@ "humbly"

preceded by "I would be the Thoroughbred"

a dichotomy to be sure.

ah well, good luck to all the judo players. I hope to see some good judo action!

Mr Punch
08-20-2004, 06:41 AM
Was at work so missed everything up to the semi and the repechage but the semi starts in a coupla mins and if my gf is to be believed it's a semi between Ferguson and Suzuki. Suzuki's d**n good and his teammate and dojo-mate Inoue lost yesterday so he has team pride at stake. Should be a real clash of the titans.

Would give you a play by play, but I can't type to save my life!:( :D

Mr Punch
08-20-2004, 06:57 AM
She?I was wrong, it's Suzuki and some huge shaven-headed Italian monster.

Wonder what happened to Ferguson... I'll find out soon.

Mr Punch
08-20-2004, 06:58 AM
Sweeeeeet!

Suzuki, uchi mata, and that was one ****ing huge weight to shift!

Mr Punch
08-20-2004, 07:03 AM
Oh bugger, Temov just won the other semi while I blinked, and it wasn't against Ferguson, so I guess he'd already gone...

Commiserations to your mate Merry.

Final should be good though.

Now it's more of the 78+kg womens'. At least I think they're women...!:eek:

David Jamieson
08-20-2004, 07:11 AM
Ferguson lost to the korean Jang sun Ho and again to the Cameroon judo guy Franck (?)

so, the final picture is?

check results here comrades:

http://www.athens2004.com/en/results/results

ShaolinTiger00
08-20-2004, 07:12 AM
Rhadi had a first round buy, He won his next match via Sukui nage (one of my fav throws) for ippon. He lost the next match to Korea in a barn burner! he had tons of pickups on Korea, but he was able to turn out to avoid the score. Korea won by a yuko! That put Rhadi in the reperge round and he lost to Cameroon by a yuko score as well. Rhadi said the Cameroon player was by far the strongest man he has ever met. Considering Rhadi's amazing strength and athletic background.. that's a bold statement.

It was an odd day yesterday for the -100 class. Inoue, & Gill, both huge favorites to win lost in the first round.

but that's judo.

Mr Punch
08-20-2004, 07:31 AM
Suzuki Keiji takes it with something I hadn't seen before (think it was called 'kosotogari' but the commentators are just arguing over what the hell it was and I'm no judo guy) form Tmenov after 1min 19. He was in control except one wee moment.

Mr Punch
08-20-2004, 07:33 AM
13 weight classes, the Japanese took gold in 8 of them. They've had a good haul.

ShaolinTiger00
08-20-2004, 07:47 AM
kosoto gari is a very common technique.

Mr Punch
08-20-2004, 08:27 AM
Whatever. Like I said, I'm no judo guy.

It was one of the names they were arguing over.

It was a short sweep (with the left leg) to the outside of the right leg and a dive forward. Actually I've just seen the replay from another angle and it didn't look so exotic.

ShaolinTiger00
08-20-2004, 08:44 AM
link (http://www.judoinfo.com/images/animations/blue/kosotogari.htm)

SifuAbel
08-20-2004, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by ShaolinTiger00
kosoto gari is a very common technique.

...in several styles.

ShaolinTiger00
08-20-2004, 09:13 AM
Abel,

What does your style call it? How do you set it up?

SifuAbel
08-20-2004, 09:19 AM
It simply an inward leg scoop. And it can be used with a number of combinations and entries.

Like a punch evasion/deflection in to a collar and elbow(no gi), sweep.