PDA

View Full Version : Dit Da Jow help

Starchaser107
08-18-2004, 01:53 PM
Hello all Iron Palm , Iron Body practitioners.
I am searching for a reliable jow to assist me in my iron palm training. I have found this website : http://www.ditdajows.com/commerce.c...d=5611835.17153

Has anyone had any experience with this product , or dealer ?,
or does anyone have any serious recommendations?
I need the jow relatively quickly because I'll be going back home by the end of the month.

thanks in advance.

SC107

herb ox
08-18-2004, 11:17 PM
dunno... seems a little pricey to me. nice packaging, tho. but some of the best jow i ever had came in a 2 litre bottle, so wax seals ain't the answer.

I've used Wing Lam's iron palm jow (see http://www.wle.com) for years with excellent results - good for both iron palm practice, general bruising and injuries as well. It's sort of a regular fixture at my house... til I just about ran out and decided to make my own! It's not quite as effective as Lam Sifu's but, then again, it's supposed to be a recipe from Ku Yu Cheong, the Northern Shaolin Great Grandmaster.

Otherwise, you can get a basic jow from just about any Chinese herb shop - they'll usually have a "house brand" that's cheap but effective.

peace

herb ox

Starchaser107
08-19-2004, 02:01 PM
thanks herb ,
can you say wether its oil or alcohol base?
it's the best price i've seen so far i'll definately consider it.
how fast you think i can get it to colorado if i order today?

herb ox
08-19-2004, 09:59 PM
alcohol base for sure.

If you call early, I'm sure they can ship it that afternoon - it may take a couple of days coming from Sunnyvale, CA, though.

I'd get me a gallon if I could afford it!

peace

herb ox

Chum Kil
08-20-2004, 01:44 PM
Starchaser107,

Sent you a PM.

Ironwind
08-30-2004, 11:13 AM
I have a list of some of thing's that is used in creating something to that degree, it's all in chinese except for the white rice wine part. Later I'll post it and the instructions for making it and usage.

I need it translated as well as you would save money from making it yourself rather than buying it.

I've been training the way of the thirty fist in hope to move on to my ball bearing bag, but I hear it's extremely important to have a ddj to do so. Heard that without it you can seriously injure the appearance of your hands.

pvwingchun
09-14-2004, 01:42 PM
Starchaser

Stay away from the Wing Lam (no offense to those who use it) it comes in a clear plastic bottles and is generally weak. Clear plastic allows the herbs to break down plus I beleive there is some reaction with the plastic. Buy only jows in amber glass bottles if you can, plus you should still see traces of the herbs floating in it. Plus check the age, mine sets at least 6 months in a dark cool closet before opening and begining personal use.

Check the web site and email one of us and we can get you some. 4 oz bottle is $15.00 plus shipping that will last you awhile.

herb ox
09-19-2004, 01:19 AM
I agree with mr. pvwingchun regarding Lam Sifu's dit da - it does tend to be a bit on the 'weak' side as far as concentration, however, the formulation is excellent and yields good results regardless - not trying to defend the jow, only my experience - I've tried jows that are dark and saturated, but yield only moderate results.

Again, just my humble opinion - I actually made some of my own jow based upon the recipe and I feel it works pretty well, and the students think it's pretty effetive as well.

peace

herb ox

monkeyfoot
10-05-2004, 01:08 PM
this is what i use but just on my arms and legs after conditioning and not for iron palm.

http://wushudirect.co.uk/acatalog/Medicinal_Remedies.html

Craig