rubthebuddha
08-18-2004, 04:20 PM
http://www.dailyprobe.com/arcs/081704/carbs.shtml

Serpent
08-18-2004, 05:56 PM
:D

Vash
08-18-2004, 06:02 PM
Proof that, not only does God exist, but He's got a sense of humor.

And the Yankees kick ass.

Ming Yue
08-18-2004, 08:54 PM
New Nietzschean Diet Lets you Eat Whatever you Fear Most

http://philosophy.thereitis.org/displayarticle49.html

Remember, as you stare into the lettuce, the lettuce stares also into you.

blooming lotus
08-18-2004, 09:06 PM
firstly, here at present, I'd give my kingdom for a ball of lettuce ( fresh and crunchy)

and second.I agree with these findings but only because when you are carb-deprived your nervous system gets out of wack and you tend to adjust your mood accordinginly........

and the point was what exactly???

rubthebuddha
08-18-2004, 11:28 PM
the point of the atkins diet? to get dorito-laden fat ****s to eat fewer doritos.

the point of the atkins corporation? to make money.

the point of this thread? to make people laugh at the idiocy that is the low-carb craze.

blooming lotus
08-19-2004, 03:04 AM
and it doesn't work at all .right fat boy :rolleyes:

Ming Yue
08-19-2004, 04:13 AM
it's a JOKE, BL. Satire. Has nothing to do with the actual effectiveness of the diet. People in this country are over the top with it and that article was poking fun at that.

Switch to decaf for cryin' out loud.

My boss was on atkins for a year and it was all he ever talked about. I wanted to sit on his chest and force feed him mashed potatoes. That article you posted was golden, Rubby. :)

Toby
08-19-2004, 05:23 AM
Originally posted by rubthebuddha
the point of the atkins diet? to get dorito-laden fat ****s to eat fewer doritos.I'm not on Atkins, but I'm restricting carbs. OTOH I just had home-made nachos for dinner :D.

Tak
08-19-2004, 06:14 AM
Did that avocado you just ate have 1 or 1.5 grams of carbs? Why don't you look it up, while helping yourself to another package of bacon?

Tak
08-19-2004, 06:16 AM
Originally posted by blooming lotus
firstly, here at present, I'd give my kingdom for a ball of lettuce ( fresh and crunchy)

So now you're a king, eh? Well I didn't vote for you!

I thought we were an anarcho-syndicist commune, anyway...

HiddenShadow
08-19-2004, 07:53 AM
hehehehe :D

Shaolinlueb
08-19-2004, 08:06 AM
thats hilarious. they now have atkins aprooved meals at resteraunts now....

rubthebuddha
08-19-2004, 08:37 AM
since when did 15% body fat make someone a fat boy? :confused:

no one's saying adjusting your diet at times to lower carbs is a bad thing, we're saying the atkins craze is full of asshattery and bull****, because everyone on it is still as sedentary and lazy as they always were.

Tak
08-19-2004, 09:24 AM
Asshattery. My new favorite word.

How do you measure your body fat % anyway? Do they still use those caliper things?

rubthebuddha
08-19-2004, 01:50 PM
that's how it was done six weeks ago, and i got 15.7 percent. i'm guessing my 15% estimate is a little high due to significant increases in both frequency and intensity of my cardio, but i'm not worried about the number -- it's just a reference point.

blooming lotus
08-19-2004, 08:22 PM
there are healthy ways to acheive ketogenosis and a modified atkins is a viable approach for some .

and to be honest, I don't care that you and mingyue are fatter than most athletes I know, I'm sure you have your reasons and own information and perspective to share regardless

Toby
08-19-2004, 08:54 PM
Ming Yue and rubby fat? Am I missing something? Ming Yue is <sexist>babealicious</sexist> and rubby, well, if I swung that way is all I'm saying ... :eek: Let's just say Iron's got rubby's "bin" photo lifesized on his wall.

blooming lotus
08-19-2004, 08:57 PM
:D ;) :cool: fair enough......... beauty is in the eye of the beholder ......... ask my agent how he felt about my eyebrows for instance :rolleyes:

Serpent
08-19-2004, 09:06 PM
:D ;) :cool: fair enough......... beauty is in the eye of the beholder ......... ask my agent how he felt about my eyebrows for instance :rolleyes:
He probably **** his pants and ran to vomit in the bathroom.

Toby
08-19-2004, 09:08 PM
Roflmao! You're lucky I wasn't eating, Serp :mad: :D.

Toby
08-19-2004, 09:11 PM
... beauty is in the eye of the beholder ...Dollars to donuts over 99% of kfm'ers would choose Ming Yue over you. Hell, most would choose rub over you.

Sorry to talk about you like this, Ming Yue.

blooming lotus
08-19-2004, 09:13 PM
oh you're nice boys.......... :rolleyes:

someone disagreed ... even if I do think I'm just an av-ish chick myself.............

who even cares how good looking any of us here are?? It's about the information right?? besides, I have to pee so stop talking to me okay!!

rubthebuddha
08-19-2004, 09:17 PM
and you're an enormous, bloated fatass compared to michael johnson, so what? if a lower body fat was my greatest priority, i'd be around 8% or lower by now. it's not -- strength and stamina are, and i have plenty of both. the next time my friends move, i'll invite you on over to help with their solid oak furniture, and you can show me the practicality of doing 500 pushups of 98 lbs. body weight. different priorities in fitness goals bring different results. you could probably fit inside their credenza, but there's no way on God's green earth you could come close to lifting it.

i'm not ridiculing your fitness level -- i don't believe anyone else is, either. according to your picture, your body fat is a very good level. however, i'm knocking your knowledge level, because, as i'll point out to you again ...

you

don't

prove

a

thing

you

claim.

the majority of this forum's regular membership thinks you're an idiot, because you make outlandish and illogical claims, yet never bother to prove it. after pointing the error of your ways out to you, you still continue the same, playing right into their claims of your idiocy.

then you get upset when people call you an idiot and, even after being told time and again how to fix it, you don't change a thing and yet expect different results.

you can be as fit as you want, and being able to do 500 pushups is certainly an impressive feat. i doubt that any of the forum regulars have gotten much past 150 in one set (i barely have). however, your fitness level and your scientific knowledge level don't match, and your knowledge level is what is in question.

so don't expect the ability to do 500 pushups to prove your intellect -- use your mind instead.

and i suggest you don't ever insult ming yue again. you don't want a ****ed-off bear coming after you.

Toby
08-19-2004, 09:19 PM
who even cares how good looking any of us here are??You implied MY and rub were fat. So you brought it up. I was just saying MY is <sexist>hot</sexist>. Rubby, you're on your own, otherwise people might talk :D.

rubthebuddha
08-19-2004, 09:30 PM
MY is quite the hottie, yes.

however, i'm engaged, so i don't give a fizzuck what anyone here thinks about my appearance. i'm fitter than when i proposed, and my sweetie has always loved my muscle, so i'm doin juuuuuust fine.

but, if anyone wants to flatter me, that's fine. you can, too, toby -- just open up your heart and let the words flow. i'm not worried about kfmers hitting on me, as the closest one to me is fu pow, and he's 85 miles away. that, and he and i don't play nice together most of the time.

blooming lotus
08-19-2004, 09:40 PM
Sorry to drag you in MY, but I saw her pic and would call her fat........ did hear she lost some weight though.

hardly at fat arse at 46 kgs max and for the record , I like my squats and butt isos...... 1000 a time

but I understand your reaction.... sorry buddh........ let's keep it civil ha?? I like you ........ really.........

and bigger guy or not, I buy your babehood
:cool:

Toby
08-19-2004, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by rubthebuddha
but, if anyone wants to flatter me, that's fine. you can, too, toby -- just open up your heart and let the words flow.*Sob* I feel so ... liberated :D.

Eyebrows, I'm sorta embarrassed continuing on with this, but Ming Yue is pretty much smokin'. You're not even in the same league. As to calling her fat - are you blind as well as stupid?

Serpent
08-19-2004, 10:25 PM
I'm confused. Where was this picture of Ming Yue that everyone is basing their opinions on? I've always really enjoyed MY's posts and consider her very intelligent and well-informed, but I have no idea what she looks like. So, where's the picture so that I can judge this hotness for myself?

Ming Yue - I really hope you don't mind suddenly being the centre of this, but it's hard to appreciate the convo without both images in my mind. And in truth, having just the image of bl in my mind is causing my brain to slowly melt out through my ears...

Toby
08-19-2004, 10:50 PM
Serpie, investigative skills. PM'd you anyway.

(Hope you don't mind, Ming Yue)

Toby
08-19-2004, 10:58 PM
Your box is full. Must be all those complimentary PMs Eyebrows'* been sending you ;).

*Eyebrows - note Advanced Apostrophe Usage 101.

rubthebuddha
08-19-2004, 11:00 PM
bl -- then i guess you're going to have to share your definition of fat. i've never found blondes attractive, so it means a lot for me to say MY is a hottie. :p

and i made the fat ass comment as a point of relativity. 15 percent is hardly fat by any normal standard, but by yours, you called it fat and chose to do it in an insulting manner. that said, i brought the michael johnson scale of body fat into effect and offered it up just as insultingly. so take that, you fat ****ing water buffalo. :mad:

;)

teasing. as i said, you're in good shape with a relatively low body fat. however, we're still waiting for proof for your arguments. do us ALL a favor, yourself included, and offer it up. i don't care if you agree with us -- that isn't the point. we're here to share ideas, but most of your ideas are about as palatable as drywall. so if you want us to believe you, give proof. it's that simple. show us a scientific study, or make a logical argument. it's not that hard, as someone of even toby's brainpower has done it before. if you really want us to shut up already, prove yourself right. if you do change and start backing your claims up with solid support, i promise to go to chicago and personally beat the holy **** out of ironfist. i'll even bring someone along to take pictures. how's that for incentive?

Toby
08-19-2004, 11:05 PM
Oh man! I'd pay to see that! Do it, Eyebrows, do it!

rubthebuddha
08-19-2004, 11:09 PM
MY -- don't worry about it. sure, BL doesn't bite, but look at it this way: you got a married man in OZ and an engaged man in washington who both agree that you are, indeed, a hottie. add that to the other 6,000 guys on this forum would go so far as trade in their star wars bedsheets if they could so much as get your phone number, and you have solid proof that, indeed, you are a hottie. so bask in it, and go see if you can use it to get some hot boy to buy you a margarita or three. :D

toby -- you better feel liberated. to quote the cat, "i'm so gorgeous, there's a six-month waiting list for birds to appear every time i am near."

toby2 -- if it's advanced curriculum, wtf is it doing in a 101-level class?

serpie -- you don't have a chance, so a picture would just be drool material ...

... not that that's a bad thing. :D

Serpent
08-19-2004, 11:25 PM
Toby - pm box cleared out a bit. Please resend.

Rub - shut up! ;) Besides, Mrs Serpent wants to see too, cos she's already seen the pic of Eyebrows and also wants to make a comparison.

Ming Yue
08-20-2004, 01:30 AM
wow. I can't leave you guys alone for a second. ;)

I missed alot, apparently.

Thanks for the props, guys. I'm a little embarassed but thanks for coming to my defense with such ferocity. :D

I'm 5 feet 8 inches tall and I weigh 137. I'm not skinny, I'm muscular (http://www.ashevillemartialarts.com/photos/junstincyn.jpg). I have a booty to be reckoned with. I take my gongfu very seriously, I train hard, am quite fit and don't care what anyone on an internet forum has to say about me (http://www.curious3d.com/Pic2.jpg) , honestly.

The thing about this forum is that the currency of choice is either substantiated links or references, pictures or video. Otherwise it's all typing. So pay to play, if you expect people to give merit to your information.

Now, I'm off to sunny california for a short vacation.

:)

Ps. Regardless of my opinion of BL's post content or posting style, there simply aren't enough gongfu chicks around and we gotta stick together.

blooming lotus
08-20-2004, 01:43 AM
me neither to be frank. And on that anyway, if you really thought someone was that seriously unattractive, why the hell would you want to make them feel worse with personal insults?? I'm a bit of a nice chick though, and really, I'd be more inclined to find something nice to say about you or avoid it altogether......

Boring but real

Toby
08-20-2004, 04:53 AM
Oh. That's you, Ming Yue?! Oh. I was ... thinking of someone else.

j/k :D

blooming lotus
08-20-2004, 04:58 AM
So was I , but either way, yah, she's good looking, but does it matter?? Can we let it go now you think??

FatherDog
08-20-2004, 08:21 AM
And on that anyway, if you really thought someone was that seriously unattractive, why the hell would you want to make them feel worse with personal insults?? I'm a bit of a nice chick though, and really, I'd be more inclined to find something nice to say about you or avoid it altogether......

This from the person who just, unprovoked, called Ming Yue fat?

Ming Yue
08-20-2004, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by Toby
Oh. That's you, Ming Yue?! Oh. I was ... thinking of someone else.

j/k :D

lol.. dontcha have some squats to do there, trollhunter? :D

blooming lotus
08-20-2004, 06:30 PM
unprevoked.??? we between us don't give 1/2 a shyte how beautifulyou all think we are.......... you brought it up and I'm ending it... she wins if a winner is neccesssary, now can we pls ( unless someone has unresolved personal issues they want to adddress) get back to sport/ health / martial betterment and fitness do you think??.........if you can all get over your sexual prowess for a mo that is ???

FatherDog
08-20-2004, 11:55 PM
unprevoked.???

Yes, unprovoked. Ie, no one else had even mentioned MY, and you called her fat.

we between us don't give 1/2 a shyte how beautifulyou all think we are.......... you brought it up and I'm ending it...

Actually, you brought it up.

do you think??.........if you can all get over your sexual prowess for a mo that is ???

And none of us said anything about sexual prowess, either. Are you reading a completely different thread, or do you have some unresolved issues that need working out?

blooming lotus
08-21-2004, 01:41 AM
can't you let a sleeping dog rest........ and yah, on many threads for a while now there's been this thing the boys 've been trying to play us off. I don't care. I'm not playing and no-one cares beside for bites sake.

Serpent
08-21-2004, 02:56 AM
OK, the Serpent House jury has returned it's verdict:

blooming lotus - Barking.

Ming Yue - Hubba!

(My wife wanted me to say "beautiful" but that's just boring and unimaginative. My choice is much more original and catchy.)

We now return you to our previously scheduled lunacy.

:)

Ming Yue
08-21-2004, 07:41 AM
thanks serp. I knew Mrs. Serpent was a saint (because she's Mrs. Serpent), turns out she's very kind as well. :)

what was this thread about again? oh yea. I'm gonna go eat some toast. With extra carbs.

Vash
08-21-2004, 08:09 AM
Dayum. That is a body to be reckoned with.

If I knew Ming Yue couldn't kick my ass, I'd say something extremely base and sexist, but she can, so I won't . . .

On the internet, at least.

blooming lotus
08-21-2004, 08:35 PM
and the verdicts in ... so I'm just going to take my b-dom and move aside a little :cool:

Vash
08-21-2004, 08:51 PM
Eyebrows Lotus = Old and Busted.

Ming Yue = New Hotness.

blooming lotus
08-21-2004, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by Vash
Eyebrows Lotus = Old and Busted.

Ming Yue = New Hotness.

:eek: :eek:

we're probably the same age... I just experienced more is all ;)

cerebus
08-21-2004, 08:59 PM
Which is blooming lotus-speak for: "I'm a nasty ho-bag!"

blooming lotus
08-21-2004, 09:11 PM
Ya .. that's the translation

cerebus
08-21-2004, 09:20 PM
Stop the presses! Front page news! bl has finally admitted that the Earth is round! Furthermore she was quoted as admitting that maybe donkeys really can't fly afterall! :p :p :p

Tell us something we don't already know!!! (Like pushups are a tricep exercise!).

WinterPalm
08-21-2004, 09:22 PM
Is there no picture of Blooming Lotus?

cerebus
08-21-2004, 09:25 PM
Oh there is.... there is. :D

Brad
08-21-2004, 09:26 PM
Anyway, funny article :D I hate atkins diet, but a low carb diet defenitely came in handy in my getting ready to adapt to the foods in China a few years ago... there's still plenty of sweet things there, but not compared to how the average Columbus, OH person eats :p

I fail to see what MY's being fat(or should I say PHAT :D)has to do with the atkin's diet though :p Ming Yue looks good... not fat, but not all skinny and anorexic either. A nice happy medium.

BTW, I'm rather surprised no-one pulled out the ultra cheesy "phat" line before me :p

blooming lotus
08-21-2004, 09:46 PM
there are pics of me, but at the time, I was clinically anorexic, for all the training and jazz I did at the time, but Gene has a cuter healthier shot I have more again. I don't care for how boo you think I am, but to see me my face as /i mean to present it, is a spec... if I get a scanner I'll be back :cool:

Ps:MY definately phat asnd not not fat, my bad :cool:

Ming Yue
08-21-2004, 11:05 PM
I hereby respectfully request that this thread be allowed to die quietly. :)

Serpent
08-21-2004, 11:48 PM
there are pics of me, but at the time, I was clinically anorexic, for all the training and jazz I did at the time, but Gene has a cuter healthier shot I have more again. I don't care for how boo you think I am, but to see me my face as /i mean to present it, is a spec... if I get a scanner I'll be back :cool:

Ps:MY definately phat asnd not not fat, my bad :cool:
Can we have an Idiot to English translation of the above first, please?

Brad
08-22-2004, 09:59 AM
Translation: The pic of her that was released to the public was taken of her during a time when she was anorexic and working out very heavily(or she was anorexic because of working out a lot? :confused: )*. She's sent a photo of a much hotter and model like picture of herself to Gene Ching(wanting to model stuff in his mag, I think). If she finds a scanner she will upload another hot pic of herself to the board for everyone to see.

*I think I did see the original bl pic, and she did look very very anorexic(the Ally McBeal chick would've looked fat compared to blooming lotus :p)

Brad
08-22-2004, 10:04 AM
Dear God, I understand blinglish :eek:

Serpent
08-22-2004, 05:42 PM
LOL at blinglish!

The day I see a hot pic of Eyebrows is the day I know that she got hold of a pirate copy of Photoshop.