PDA

View Full Version : Kettlebells?

Nick
08-19-2004, 05:07 AM
What makes them better for doing snatches and stuff with kettlebells rather than a normal weight?

Tak
08-19-2004, 06:21 AM
Because you pay an exorbitant amount to buy them over the internet. And because you get to say the word "pood" with a straight face.

FooFighter
08-19-2004, 06:40 AM
Dear Nick:

The subject of Kettlebells have been discussed in the past and I would suggest you do a search and look up the past treads on this subject.

The many people who have experienced KBs first hand will most likely tell you that KBs are effective as a sport specific tool but not absolutely necessary as it is hyped. For example, are dumbbells overrated or what is the difference of doing snatches and stuff with DBs than BarBells?

I am one of the first KB users on this forum but I am not a hardcore spoke person for KBs. I am regular dude who cycles KBs in his long term workout design. I have noticed some positive results from it. The benefits of KB is it is low tech and high concept, it doesnt take much space, you can work each side independently, the techniques are easier to learn, and it is aesthetically beautiful in my opinion. I love old school training and admit that I have personal bias for the old school. For more information please go to www.dragondoor.com. Best of luck with your training. Your success is our success.

Sincerely,
Bao

PS: I think Pavel can better explain KBs than myself and anyone here for **** sure and you can also read many of the success stories of many happy KB lifters. Here is the link: http://www.russiankettlebell.com/#whytrain

Toby
08-19-2004, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Tak
And because you get to say the word "pood" with a straight face. Rofl!

fa_jing
08-19-2004, 07:32 PM
I think what's really better about KB's than DB's is that they fit more comfortably in the rack position, and you can swing them through your legs safely with having to worry about scratching your thighs as much as with a dumbell.

Secondary benefits would be a bit more versatility, the rounded grip which makes it better for hand-to-hand stuff and two-hand stuff.

Detrimental aspects are the cost and the lack of ability to adjust the weight incrementally, unless you do the shot loaded type.