View Full Version : beer bear

GunnedDownAtrocity
08-19-2004, 08:10 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/West/08/18/bear.beer.reut/index.html

must be a distant relative.

rubthebuddha
08-19-2004, 08:22 AM
****IT! :mad:

i had just spotted that, copied the url and was about ready to post a thread that said "GDA spotted near Seattle in bear costume!"

lousy mother****er goes and steals my thunder. :mad:

:D

Tak
08-19-2004, 08:30 AM
Notice that the bear ignored the watered-down p*ss in favor of a good ale. Smarter than the average redneck.

GunnedDownAtrocity
08-19-2004, 08:41 AM
sorry rub ... dont feel too bad though, iron does it to me all the time.

i have a feeling that this has the makings of a good thread. a beer thread perhaps.

anyone have any pets that like to drink?

Tak
08-19-2004, 09:21 AM
No. Although I once witnessed the aftermath of a group of kittens encountering a quantity of evercleared fruit. (Not our intention, btw.)

Chang Style Novice
08-19-2004, 09:27 AM
shot and a beer -> bear

Oso
08-19-2004, 09:43 AM
:D

www.brewgrassfestival.com

just one month away.

red5angel
08-19-2004, 10:28 AM
my freind had a pug that used to drink beer. It would lap it right up, do this weird sort of circle dance then then flop over and lay there licking itself all night.
I wish I could lick myself all night after some heavy drinking.

David Jamieson
08-19-2004, 12:22 PM
beer is not good for dogs.

neither is chocolate.

don't let your dog have either, even if he has a penchant for it.

he will live longer.

Starchaser107
08-19-2004, 12:43 PM
i've seen a goat drink a few beers. but that was just crazy locals having a good time with thier "pet". I guess it was a big enough deal to get a minute of fame on tv.

GunnedDownAtrocity
08-19-2004, 03:23 PM
i used to have a ****er spaniel that got drunk with me when i was about 13.

i only let him actually get drunk once, but man it was funny.

we'd throw a ball and he'd litterally run the other direction for it. sometimes he would get up and run after a ball no one threw. he'd keep looking at his dish like he wanted more beer, but it was half full so we'd pretend to pour more from an empty can and he'd continue drinking. by the end of the night his back legs were crossing back and forth and his last straw was when he threw up and then fell over in it. he got right back up and seemed to have sobered up a bit after puking. he still wanted more beer but he was cut off. keep in mind he was big for a ****er spaniel (probably about 50lbs) and had maybe a can over the whole night.

David Jamieson
08-20-2004, 06:20 AM
...and now he's dead.

beer seriously shortens the life span of a dog.

red5angel
08-20-2004, 07:27 AM
GDA - LOL! That story makes me laugh.

KL - dude, that's what they were saying about alcohol and humans in the 80's. Now we come to find it might be good for you.

David Jamieson
08-20-2004, 07:56 AM
just ask your vet about chocolate and beer when it comes to dogs.

humans have been consuming for all time. since before we knew how to write recipes we've been quaffing meads and ale.

used to be payment for a days work on the monuments of ancient egypt apparently. Lift 16 tons, get a loaf of bread and a couple of beers. Pretty good deal back then I guess.

every few years a report comes out sayin gthis is good, followed by this is bad shortly thereafter.

the jury is still out on whats good and what's not but we all know that anything in moderation is ok...except for 44 cal bullets to the medula oblongata. :p

GunnedDownAtrocity
08-20-2004, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Kung Lek
...and now he's dead.

beer seriously shortens the life span of a dog.

actually i lost him, and the female spaniel, durring a really ****ed up custody battle between my father and crazy ass mother. my mother moved out of the house and got rid of them. she told me that i killed the dogs because i moved in with my father.

i'm sure they would be dead by now though. and i'm not arguing that beer is bad for dogs, but i think they would have to have more than a single encounter or two for it to make any difference in their life span.

red5angel
08-20-2004, 12:19 PM
I agree with GDA

besides KL you're only partially correct. Native Americans for the most part had not been exposed to alcohol until Europeans introduced it.

WHITE DEVILS!!!!!!!!