PDA

View Full Version : Hey BL

IronFist
08-19-2004, 08:33 PM
I'm curious about what you believe to be physiological principles. Say you were a trainer and you had four different clients with different goals. Lay down your theoretical framework for each client's goals:

1. A guy who wants to become as strong as possible. Just so no one b.itches about semantics, by "strong" I mean "able to lift the most weight possible for 1 rep" ie. a powerlifter.

2. A guy who wants to get as huge as possible (bodybuilder).

3. A guy who wants to be able to box for 12 rounds without tiring, run 5 miles without tiring, but doesn't care about adding size.

4. An overweight guy who wants to lose some extra fat and "develop some tone."

A brief exercise and diet overview is all that is necessary.

Ready? Go.

Serpent
08-19-2004, 09:03 PM
*quickly grabs six-pack and popcorn*

This should be fun!

blooming lotus
08-19-2004, 09:07 PM
yo Iron.........

lol......

sounds like a good mission........ I accept but I gotta pee so give me a few hours ( no, my pee doesn't take that long but got some lessons and jazz to plan :P ) , I'll consider and get back to you..........

and if my plan is acceptable or logical, ......... will you get off my as* and admit I can structure a body plan??

I do it for you even though I disagree often.........

Ps: free range of facilities and budget right??

morbicid
08-20-2004, 06:15 AM
i have to head to work soon so i cant really get into this in great depth. for now i'll do the strength guy and the bodybuilding guy. i may not be able to explain everything cause i'm pressoed for time.

this does sound interesting. here, i'll take a stab at it

1. A guy who wants to become as strong as possible. Just so no one b.itches about semantics, by "strong" I mean "able to lift the most weight possible for 1 rep" ie. a powerlifter.

for this person I would recommend some very intense lifts. i, personally, avoid doing any 1 rep max lifts and, for safety reasons, wouldn't advise someone else to do them either. before any workout i would advise that they stretch and do some very light warm up motions with the weight/ bar. say for one session, about 3 sets of 4 to 5 repetitions at 70% of their 1 RM (max weight). followed by 2 sets of slightly more weight at only 3 reps (till near failure), with little rest between sets.

workout each muscle group once every 5 days or so

2. A guy who wants to get as huge as possible (bodybuilder).

for this guy i would suggest a combination of low rep and high rep sets. for example: on bench press:

do one set of 5 repetitions (85% max weight)
rest
do another set of 8 repetions (about 75 % max weight)
immediately drop 20 % of the wieght and continue doing reps until near failure,
drop 20% more and continue doing reps till near failure,
now drop 50% of whats on there and rep till near failure

after you he may rest and try to repeat the above described "drop set", or, simply do another light weight set till near failure (about 35 reps would be a good amount)

this method works a muscle group once every four days. or... as I have been working it, only once per week. I suppose it depends on an individual's healing time.

this may seem unorthodox for building mass but if you pay attention to some of the latest research on what causes hypertrophy - some of which is posted on this forum by others (such as the study on gymnastic strength training), also the latest muscle mags are boasting similar methods. working both fast twitch and slow twitch muscles

anyways it's been workin for me so i whatev. its all good

IronFist
08-20-2004, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by blooming lotus
and if my plan is acceptable or logical, ......... will you get off my as* and admit I can structure a body plan??

Maybe, but if your plan deviates too much from advice you've given in the past for similiar situations I will admit that you're nuts. I'm sure Toby will catch any discrepencies between what you post here and what you've stated as advice in previous posts.

Here is an example. If in the past, I said do x to achieve certain goals, and you said no, y is better, do not post that x is the best way in this thread.

I do it for you even though I disagree often.........

Ps: free range of facilities and budget right??

Sure. Consider any equipment that any average gym might have. No drugs or anything, let's keep this basic.

Tak
08-20-2004, 07:46 AM
Isn't it about time there was a separate forum for BL?

wind draft
08-20-2004, 02:11 PM
Would this increase speed and explosive power? And do you do this on monday off tuesday on wednesday and so on?

do one set of 5 repetitions (85% max weight)
rest
do another set of 8 repetions (about 75 % max weight)
immediately drop 20 % of the wieght and continue doing reps until near failure,
drop 20% more and continue doing reps till near failure,
now drop 50% of whats on there and rep till near failure

IronFist
08-20-2004, 03:41 PM
Guys, this is BL's thread :)

Start other threads for your questions (until BL posts her reply).

blooming lotus
08-20-2004, 06:38 PM
I dont even wanna freakin thread and if it won't aleviate your inlclinations to troll , why exactly do I want to take the time again???

There is no win or loose here, I think you want a circus clown, and sorry dude, but I'm not your chick.

It's kinda a general plan quest anyway, and it's not until you get down to serious detailed plan that experience and knowledge'll show anyway.... and your point was what Iron dude??

would you do it ( take some hours or mins out thinking when you should be resting ) for folks who A. don't really give 2 jiggs for your response and B. are only asking to put you on show?? I think not...........

sorry, I have nothing to prove here. Find your entertainment somewhere else.

cheers and luck in your own plans :cool:

cerebus
08-20-2004, 06:58 PM
It's hilarious that BL doesn't even realize that she is the biggest circus clown ever. Every time she posts it's a cause for entertainment as we all stand around and laugh at her unbelievable stupidity! :p :p :p

blooming lotus
08-20-2004, 07:08 PM
and I sigh at your interpretative onto-itveness .

I don't care if you laugh, I think you're immature, nasty( sexually and manignantly) and psychologically impeded........ kinda makes us even no??

cerebus
08-20-2004, 07:31 PM
"interpretative"? "onto-itveness"? "manignantly"? Those aren't even words! And you've got the gall to say I'M "psychologically impeded"? What a freakin' moron!!!

If I hadn't been laughing at your buffoonery before, that would've had me rolling! :p

And no, you will never be able to raise yourself out of the dark depths of insanity and stupidity in which you live to ever be considered equal to even the lowest human being. Nice try at complimenting yourself though.

blooming lotus
08-20-2004, 07:40 PM
oh, so now you'd have us all believe that I bearly resemble a human??........ how logical and rationally obvious........... do you wanna chat for some therapy dude?? You can PM me and spit there if you like.

Ps: would you believe malignancy???

PPs: if we don't compliment ourselves ( besides our student or foreign " oh you're so mofo beautiful and great" who's going to do it ha??.... will you be happy only if you kick me low enough I accept half your cr*p and kill myself?? What exactly are looking for here??? How bad to make me feel was the objective???

Thank god for dexerity and constituition........... and pre-exposure to cases like your own................

you're a naieve and silly guy mr.cerubus and you're heavy........ pass me a tissue, give me a mo to breath and bring it on for round 305674.

cerebus
08-20-2004, 07:44 PM
See what I mean? You trying to act like you rate enough to give therapy to ANYONE is laughable! The only thing you know about psychology is what you thought you learned while you were institutionalized yourself. Pathetic.

blooming lotus
08-20-2004, 07:51 PM
how informed of you to say........

dammed you're nasty, thank god I'm old and ugly enough to know the difference........ you'd have a younger folk hanging..........

you're a concieting drooling As* Cerubus!! Nothing nice ,real or logical about you.

take 5 ha

cerebus
08-20-2004, 07:56 PM
"concieting"? Again, not a word. Drooling? Not after seeing your pics darlin'. ;)

blooming lotus
08-20-2004, 07:59 PM
how's concieted?? and I'm no ones' darling honey........... remember that.........

cerebus
08-20-2004, 08:01 PM
Once again, having seen your pics, I'm not surprised you're no one's darling. No need to worry that I could forget THAT! :p :p

blooming lotus
08-20-2004, 08:09 PM
At that time I was recruting for the Nz army, gouing extremely light on carbs, the best female fight club member in our town and doing bulk hiit, boxing and yah, on the slim, but I had my wude. and you live and learn. There's just no explaining to some dudes ha??

you wouldn't be mortal at times yourself by chance??

Ps: I'm really quite cute- faced at times.... if Gene still has my pics I'd ask him to post links. tell you what, If I get a scanner or someone to send some snaps, you'll be the first to know. So Bl had a bad hair day in the yr 2000.... stop the press and sue her for misinformation...........

cerebus
08-20-2004, 08:14 PM
Damm! Wouldn't ya' know! I only bought hip waders when I shoulda bought chest waders! :mad:

On second thought, the sh!t's gettin' so deep I guess I'm going to need SCUBA gear! :p

IronFist
08-20-2004, 10:13 PM
Um, wtf happened to this thread?

FatherDog
08-21-2004, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by IronFist
Um, wtf happened to this thread?

blooming lotus.

blooming lotus
08-21-2004, 01:19 AM
no, this was my thread. Cerubus is what happened, but scroll back a page and you'll find my response to the intitial question.

IronFist
08-21-2004, 08:58 AM
^ Actually YOU bailed out of the original question before the insults started.

blooming lotus
08-21-2004, 09:53 PM
forgive me for forsight, but like I said ... it was a genric request, would it make a difference???