PDA

View Full Version : Wavemaster

PHILBERT
08-20-2004, 07:40 PM
Has Tiger Claw ever thought about designing a wavemaster style punching bag? I need a bag, yet don't have the room to hang a hanging back and so I figured I'd get a Wavemaster, but Tiger Claw does not make one. Does Century own the patent for the Wavemaster?

GeneChing
08-23-2004, 09:19 AM
I don't know if Century has bothered to patent Wavemaster. Patents don't really hold that much water in the martial arts (ok, bad pun, but it's the first thing Monday morning and my tea hasn't kicked in yet). Seriously, knockoffs plague the martial arts and it really isn't worth the investment to pursue the knockoff-maker because it is often produced in an asian nation where copyrights are held in the same legal regard. So you can chase down the perpetrator, investing $$$ in the process, and they just fold - disappear into China or Korea or whereever - you lost the investment and another knockoff emerges from somewhere else...assuming there's money in the knockoff to begin with.

I'm imagining from your question that you're really just looking for a freestanding bag, of which wavemaster is one of a few designs. Most are weighted with water or sand. tiger Claw has looked into designs but we've yet to find something that's really that satisfactory in the long run. We're still looking, and I doubt we'd have anything to meet your needs in a reasonable time. Sorry.