PDA

View Full Version : PMS herbal

Tracy Lin
08-23-2004, 05:09 PM
Not sure if this is the correct forum, but I do tend to suffer from PMS.(Although my BF might say that he suffers, LOL) Are there any herbs to help this?

A friend of mine told me that I should try acupuncture, but I have a serious fear of needles.

Tracy

herb ox
08-23-2004, 10:33 PM
I hear good things about "free and easy wandering" pills - herbs to nourish the blood, and rectify the Liver Qi. My understanding is PMS results from the loss of blood combined with stagnant liver Qi.

Typical formula has:

Dang Gui- Angelica Senisis
Chai Hu - bupleurum root
Bai Shao - white peony root
Bai Zhu - Atractylodes rhizome
Bo He - Mint
Fu Ling - fungus poria cocos
Gan Cao - licorice
Sheng Jiang - fresh ginger root

The formula moves Qi while nourishing blood, warming the middle and improving digestion. It's good for dudes too. But, for treating PMS, I have no idea personally since I am a dude, so I'll just be quiet now...

peace

herb ox

Tak
08-24-2004, 11:29 AM
Weed.

Just stay high for that period (no pun!); your BFs will thank you.

GeneChing
08-26-2004, 01:33 PM
Tracy, it's mostly guys here. If I were a woman, I wouldn't take advice about PMS from guys. :rolleyes:

Frogman
08-29-2004, 10:46 AM
I would say that Gene has the best advice for you. Althrough, I think the best way to deal with PMS is to take Tak’s advice. (from a man’s perspective, LOL!!!:) )
Good luck…

RibHit
Frogman

Christopher M
08-29-2004, 07:54 PM
I understand that Yan Hu Suo is popular for the physical symptoms at least. Go down to the local herbalist shop and ask; they're usually very helpful.

Tak
08-30-2004, 08:55 AM
Gene,
If I were a woman, I wouldn't take advice about taking advice about PMS from guys from a guy who wouldn't take advice about PMS from guys if he was a woman. :P

GeneChing
08-30-2004, 10:07 AM
Well said. Being a guy, I wouldn't give advice about PMS to a woman asking guys to get advice about PMS and would question any guy who gave advice about PMS to a woman looking for answers. Any guy who has lived with woman knows not to even mess with PMS.

It's sort of like a straight guy whos gives advice to gay guys about sex. As for queer eye (straight guys getting fashion advice from gay guys), oh man, don't get me started...:rolleyes:

herb ox
09-01-2004, 07:42 AM
that wasn't advice I gave, was it? I just listed some herbs and shut up promptly...

I dunno, I think guys who have lived with women have plenty of experience with PMS :D

'course, it still doesn't give the right to speak authoritatively on the subject... unless you're in a male support group.

wait... did I say male support? I didn't mean it that way...:rolleyes:

Tak
09-01-2004, 08:02 AM
Gene,
Exactly - if I wanted to dress like a gay guy, I could find a magenta silk flamenco shirt, stretch pants, and star-shaped sunglasses without any help. (Here's where I insert a crack about raiding GDA's closet or something...)

GeneChing
09-03-2004, 02:04 PM
Ease off the weed and stay out of that closet. ;)

Tracy Lin
09-07-2004, 07:40 AM
Oh sorry I thought there might be more of us(women) on this forum. But thanks for the advice anyway.

I will try the weed advice though..lol

Tracy Lin
09-07-2004, 07:42 AM
Thanks for the advice herbox/

BTW your handle is all about women hehe

her box

HEHEHEHEEHHEHEHEHEHHE

TenTigers
09-07-2004, 11:34 AM
I'm not sure whether this falls under the catagory of TCM, but I have had much success with Godiva dark chocolate cherries. Whenever my OL has "her friend visiting her" I get a box of them, chuck'em in her cage, and run like hell. I then take a room at the local Days Inn for a week until it's back to defcon 1.

GeneChing
09-08-2004, 09:22 AM
Oh man, Tracy, that's waaaaaaay too much of Tak's remedy you're taking girl. Your PMS can't be that bad, can it? Don't answer that...too scary.

her box...****! Why didn't I think of that?

woliveri
09-08-2004, 01:00 PM
You might try Mantak Chia's book on vaginal weight lifting. Don't know if that would help but it would be fun to hear how it went.

Tak
09-09-2004, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by Tracy Lin
I will try the weed advice though..lol
Hah! Goes to show that a guy can give sound advice about PMS to a woman who asks a bunch of guys, despite another guy advising the woman not to ask a bunch of guys for advice about PMS under the reasoning that, if he was a woman, he would not ask guys for advice about PMS.

woliveri - Does your gym include a machine called "The Kegelcizer?"

FngSaiYuk
09-10-2004, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by Tak
woliveri - Does your gym include a machine called "The Kegelcizer?"

Oh jeez, that'd be a site to see.... Maxing out the kegelcizer at 300lb...

GeneChing
09-10-2004, 09:25 AM
Don't let the boys scare you off. It's the martial world and now you know why there are less women here than men. Maybe you'll need that weed after all, if you hang with us...;)

joedoe
09-13-2004, 07:06 PM
I have heard that starflower oil is supposed to help.

TenTigers
09-17-2004, 10:57 PM
I believe tang kuei gin is used to support functions during menstruation, not sure if it would help with cramping. My friend uses Bacardi.

herb ox
10-07-2004, 07:40 AM
Actually, there are other ways to take "the herb" without smoking it. The seeds are used for decoctions in TCM:

Huo Ma Ren (Cannabis Sativa seed)
Properties: SWEET - NEUTRAL Dosage: 9 – 15g.
Meridian LARGE INTESTINE, SPLEEN, STOMACH
Seeds
-moisten and nourish intestines
–elderly and postpartum constipation
-mildly tonify spleen Qi & Yin
-clear heat – promote healing of sores

peace

herb ox

(that's herb ox, not her box, though, there's nothing wrong with 'her box' either!)

GeneChing
10-07-2004, 03:43 PM
I haven't heard that reference but perhaps it's with the seed. Is that huo as in fire? Generally marijuana is refered to as da ma. I've also heard a slang term ma fi but I have no idea what the fi character is. Ma is kind of a tricky character since it can mean hemp, but also flax or jute by itself. I remember when some deadheads were trying to sell these Chinese character marijuana hats with the ma character alone, and that just doesn't cut it. Alone, it can also refer to a pockmarked or pimple-ridden face or (appropriately) numbness.

mickey
10-08-2004, 12:58 AM
Tracy, you need to share how PMS affects you since its symptoms are so wide ranging.

mickey