PDA

View Full Version : If I take the stuffing out of my punching bag...

IronFist
08-24-2004, 06:42 PM
...will I ever get it back in?

There is a very hard place about 1/3 of the way down on one side. I can't punch or kick it there cuz it's hard like sand. I want to unstuff the bag (it's full of small pieces of fabric) and get down to that part and put it back inside, or repair it however I need to, and then restuff it. I can stick my hand down on that side and feel bags of sand (or whatever) right by the edge. But the way it is now, I have to always readjust it between combinations to make sure I don't hit the hard part, which is annoying.

I assume it was vaccuum filled, so it's really dense in there, but I can always stuff it back in, right?

David Jamieson
08-24-2004, 06:47 PM
I assume it was vaccuum filled, so it's really dense in there, but I can always stuff it back in, right?

You assumed correctly, except for the stuffing it back in part. Sure, you could put it back in, but you can't do it properly and will forever have a deformed and misshapen bag...:eek: hahaha.

...anyway, the instructions that came with your bag probably already told you to not empty the bag and try to restuff it because you will never be physically able to return it to a proper form.

just saying.

Serpent
08-24-2004, 06:50 PM
Stop being a b!tch and kick the hard part, ya pu$sy. It's all conditioning.

IronFist
08-24-2004, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by Kung Lek
You assumed correctly, except for the stuffing it back in part. Sure, you could put it back in, but you can't do it properly and will forever have a deformed and misshapen bag...:eek: hahaha.

...anyway, the instructions that came with your bag probably already told you to not empty the bag and try to restuff it because you will never be physically able to return it to a proper form.

just saying.

I was supposed to get instructions?

Oso
08-24-2004, 07:48 PM
****, Serpent stole my reply.

train some real kung fu and you will be man enough to take it.

;)

:p

yenhoi
08-24-2004, 07:59 PM
The hard spot is probably one or more small 5# bags of sand that settled on the side during storage. After you break a toe or something you will probably unstuff the bag and move all the little sand bags to the bottom.

Its really no problem to get all the stuffing back in. If you do it right you will probably need extra stuffing like old shirts and socks and stuff.

:eek:

IronFist
08-24-2004, 08:12 PM
^ That's the answer I was looking for. :D

Oso
08-24-2004, 08:20 PM
mebbe so, but it wasn't a fun answer.;)

IronFist
08-24-2004, 09:35 PM
Wow it's hard to get the stuffing back in as tightly as it was when I bought it. I might have to get most of it back in and then add more over time as it settles.

Three of the sand bags I took out had leaks. One had a big hole on each side and was like halfway empty by the time I get it out. I duct taped them back up.

Meat Shake
08-24-2004, 09:42 PM
Hehehe...
Never knew it was sand.

yenhoi
08-24-2004, 10:07 PM
The second time I unstuffed my bag I ended up coating the bottom of the bag with black trash bags and then just dumping all the 5 pounders in the bottom. Kick it for a week and it will need more stuffin, a week more and then more... etc. I think my 100# bag weighs somewhere around 125# now with just added shirts and stuff.

The original stuffing was weird.. like chopped up bits of felt and string and crap. Old shirts etc are way easier to work with.

:eek:

Meat Shake
08-24-2004, 10:22 PM
Eh, makes my shins hard.
I need to buy a really heavy bag anyways, this one is only 80lbs.

IronFist
08-24-2004, 11:24 PM
I don't want all the weight at the bottom, tho.

SifuAbel
08-25-2004, 01:27 AM
Gravity will always get you down.

Periodicaly, take down your bag and turn it on its head on the floor. If you have to, kick it while its upside down.

If you remove the innards , just fill it with cream cheese.

blooming lotus
08-25-2004, 02:42 AM
Here in China, boxing bags don't look the same as they at do home and most are sewn with a leather stitching or lace like a leather worker might use for bags and purses etc. I think alot of this is because they chop and change mixes of sand ratio to fabric themselves. How'd dyou do in home ec??