PDA

View Full Version : What type of Qi gong you do and why?

SPJ
08-25-2004, 05:46 AM
I do the 8 brocade, Tai Ji and Wu Dang Tong Tzi Gong.

The 8 brocade has 8 postures. I usually do them separately. I will do slowly and for about 25 times before moving on to the next posture. Some people do each posture 8 times. and others only do 1 time then move on to the next posture.

All moves in the Tai Ji form may be used as Qi gong exercise.

However, usually I do the form by breathing regularly or naturally.

I used the 13 Shi's (Peng Lui Ji Anh Tsai Lei Zhou Kao + 5 steps) as Qi gong exercise.

I do Ti Anh for 25 min in a row first. You basically raise both your hands close together (He) to the shoulder level and close to your chest and inhale. You then move your hands down and forward circularly and exhale. In the mean time, you shift your weight back and forward. It is very basic. But this is very important for martial arts apps, too. You may start doing Ti Anh as slowly as possible and then gradually faster. The focus is on breathing.

These are Qi gong in movements (Dong Gong).

There are also Qi gong without movement and ones with meditation. They will be other threads.

:)

Scythefall
08-28-2004, 12:15 PM
8 Sections of Brocade. This is easy, harmless, and results in good health. Just an excellent base with so many variations.

Silk Reelers chain form - This is a version of 8 Sections that was created by masters from Shaolin, Taoist masters, and other sects of Buddhism. A collaborative effort for one of the emporers. There are as many variations of this as there are in 8 sections, but this chain form is excellent for cultivation. It unfolds as a story which makes it unique compared to most Chi Gung.

Taiji Chi Gung - This monastic form is similar to Silk Reelers but has some kowtowing in it( bowing and bouncing 3 times, etc). It has some lengthier parts in the middle for strengthening the connection specifically to earth and then heaven. This is the one Sifu recommends we practice in nature..specifically sacred places.

Akashagarba - A much less common monastic form. This one focuses a lot on cutting the unnecessary chords in our lives. Past relations, karmic debt, attachment to things and places..it's a powerful set and excellent to help get rid of resentments and other baggage.

I usually do a chain form version of Muscle-Tendon Change and some meridian striking to strenghten my body but I'm slack on that lately. Soon..still have some soft spots that a good kick can hurt.