PDA

View Full Version : Four is great

Hendrik
08-26-2004, 03:10 PM
Four is great!

There are four seasons.

There are four modes in southern Shao Lin Kiu Sau. ( not Wing Chun)

There are four states while learning about settling in SLT.

Be able to identify them, lead to what will help one to monitor progress and serve as a direction pointer.

There are four basic type of fightings models.

ALots of 4, and 4 is great! hahahahaha

----------------------------------------
Disclamer: this is a discussion forum. Not a place people DEMAND information. :D

taltos
08-26-2004, 03:31 PM
There are four cardinal directions in the Western World.

There are four sides to a square.

There are four astronomical conflabulators.

There are four sequential transmortigarogrifiers.

There are four words in the phrase "there are four words."

There are four basic allegorical alliterations in a metaphorical simile.

There are four... ahhh who cares anymore?

-Levi

Ali Hamad Rahim
08-26-2004, 04:03 PM
There are four families of blocks in the chi sao system.
Tan Sao, Bong Sao, Fook Sao and Jut Sao.

Ali Hamad Rahim.

detroitwingchun.com (http://detroitwingchun.com)

anerlich
08-26-2004, 05:11 PM
There are three musketeers, and three stooges.

Oh wait, sometimes there's four musketeers, and then there's Shemp and Joe as well.

Groucho Harpo and Chico. Uh, but then there's Zeppo, and Gummo.

:confused:

Hendrik
08-26-2004, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by Ali Hamad Rahim
There are four families of blocks in the chi sao system.
Tan Sao, Bong Sao, Fook Sao and Jut Sao.

Ali Hamad Rahim.

detroitwingchun.com (http://detroitwingchun.com)

Four is great!

Hendrik
08-26-2004, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by taltos

There are four... ahhh who cares anymore?

-Levi

Care is a neutral 4 letter words.

Those who dont have a clue dont know how to Care.
Those who know they dont have it pretend to not be Care.
Those who have is care but dont care.
Those who want to copy it will certainly Care.

Miles Teg
08-26-2004, 08:03 PM
I have always thought that the number 8 should be 10.

So it would go 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,10.

The reason why this is a better numbe than 10 is that 10 when half is 5, but then when halfed again its 2.5 etc.

But eight halfed is 4 which can be halfed again and even halfed again to 1. Nice and easy no fractions needed.

taltos
08-26-2004, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by Hendrik
Care is a neutral 4 letter words.

Those who dont have a clue dont know how to Care.
Those who know they dont have it pretend to not be Care.
Those who have is care but dont care.
Those who want to copy it will certainly Care.

Have is a four letter word.
So is Clue.
So is Copy.

But Care can be a verb, which is not neutral, but active.

But it was a question anyway. As in "who (out there in the world) cares?"

I was wondering "who."

Grammar. NOT a four letter word.

-Levi

Hendrik
08-26-2004, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by Miles Teg

But eight halfed is 4 which can be halfed again and even halfed again to 1. Nice and easy no fractions needed.

Let me tell you a secret. So later when you want to do a Localized Evolution or You can make up stories to look so real that expert will not be able to identify you are making up today but thinking your are the ancestors of Wong Wah Poh. :D

Rene will hate me to show you how to making up the oldest Wing Chun His-story while eating Mcvegi in Mcdonald hahahha. :D

For Chinese the deal is :

0 become 1
1 break into 2
2 to 4
4 to 8

Then, it goes binary jump to 2^6 which is 64 then to 2^7 which is 128. ...

So Zero is the NON Dual
1 is Wu Ji
2 is TaiJi
4 is four phase....

Ok, lets look at Wing Chun,
it follows the 1 is listening or awareness, 2 is ying yang subtle stuffs. (no single technic is the ultimate mother) 4 is the four basic (who says there is only Tan Bong Fook?), 8 is the eight basic technics...

Opps. better not to reveal more. Otherwise Rene will get on the phone calling me to not screw up the Complete Wng Chun book because now we will have make an ultimate moster "new make belive Ultimate Complete Wing Chun HIs-story" which leave no trace or time stamps that even expert in the later days can find it out. :D

A bad make up of his-story is similar have dig up a coke can in a claim to be 500 years old temple. I watch the AVP the other day, it inspire me about at one scene there is a coke bottle cap in one of the suppose to be ancient site.

As for Wing Chun tales and His-story, you expect lots of coke bottle caps. one just has to know where to look.

Yes. Coca cola bottle Cap. :D

So, may be we can start rating the diffferent HIs-Story of Wing Chun with the number of Coke bottle caps.

Starts with Four is the maximum worst.

But, then, I would say perhaps most people still live in Ming or Ching Dynasty. They cant take joke or humor as in the Saturday night live show. They are not Zen at all.

So, nah, lets have some other fun.

No need to sing that song ---

I started a joke. A joke that make the whole world crying....:D
peace here on. but remember what I have said when you drink coke. hehehehe

(abstracted from the diary of a MAD man)
Disclaimer: hendrik only abstracted, not represent his view. The Mad man might be nuts. :D

Gangsterfist
08-27-2004, 02:08 AM
There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't

CFT
08-27-2004, 02:47 AM
Originally posted by Gangsterfist
There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't **WARNING, WARNING **

Geek alert!! Run away ....

Only joking, good one GF ;)

CFT
08-27-2004, 02:49 AM
For Chinese the deal is :

0 become 1
1 break into 2
2 to 4
4 to 8

Then, it goes binary jump to 2^6 which is 64 then to 2^7 which is 128. ...

So Zero is the NON Dual
1 is Wu Ji
2 is TaiJi
4 is four phase....

Ok, lets look at Wing Chun,
it follows the 1 is listening or awareness, 2 is ying yang subtle stuffs. (no single technic is the ultimate mother) 4 is the four basic (who says there is only Tan Bong Fook?), 8 is the eight basic technics...
I liked this. But as usual Hendrik makes it hard work for us mere mortals to even get this far.:p

Nick Forrer
08-27-2004, 03:32 AM
I understood that the chinese are very superstitious of the number 4 because it sounds like the word for death

this is why in chinese hotels they dont have a fourth floor

and why in slt everything is done in threes

Am I wrong?

CFT
08-27-2004, 06:55 AM
Originally posted by Nick Forrer
I understood that the chinese are very superstitious of the number 4 because it sounds like the word for deathYou're right on this point Nick. But the number 4 does crop up in Chinese mythology, e.g. Four Heavenly Kings (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_Heavenly_Kings) .

CFT
08-27-2004, 07:01 AM
A quote from an article (http://www.qimagazine.co.uk/56_3article.htm) by Michael Tse in Qi magazine:

The Yijing says that Wuji creates Taiji. Wuji means 'nothing'. Taiji means 'something'. Taiji creates 'Liangyi' which means Yin and Yang. Liangyi creates 'Sixiang' which means four images. Sixiang creates 'Bagua', which means eight situations. This means that everything is both multiplied and divided into infinity. It looks very simple but actually there is a lot of meaning underneath. Yijing is the Book of Changes (I-Ching).

0 leads to ...
1 leads to ...
2 leads to ...
4 leads to ...

AmanuJRY
08-27-2004, 08:54 AM
There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't

LOL, I gues I'm a 1 (if that is 'those that do'). :D

But, as for the main topic, four may be great, but three is the magic number.

taltos
08-27-2004, 09:47 AM

CLASSIC!

-Levi

taltos
08-27-2004, 09:50 AM
Opps. better not to reveal more. Otherwise Rene will get on the phone

A bad make up of his-story is similar have dig up a coke can in a claim to be 500 years old temple.

As for Wing Chun tales and His-story, you expect lots of coke bottle caps. one just has to know where to look.

Yes. Coca cola bottle Cap. :D

So, may be we can start rating the diffferent HIs-Story of Wing Chun with the number of Coke bottle caps.

Starts with Four is the maximum worst.

But, then, I would say perhaps most people still live in Ming or Ching Dynasty. They cant take joke or humor as in the Saturday night live show. They are not Zen at all.

I started a joke.

Rene has four letters.

Wing has four letters.

So does Chun.

And Coca.

And Cola.

And Coke.

And Joke.

And Ming.

Hmmmm..... What could it mean?

-Levi

Hendrik
08-27-2004, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by Nick Forrer
I understood that the chinese are very superstitious of the number 4 because it sounds like the word for death

this is why in chinese hotels they dont have a fourth floor

and why in slt everything is done in threes

Am I wrong?

one Coke bottle Caps! :D

That is the modern Superticious!

Qing Dynasty Chinese even buy thier Coffin, put in their home and prepare thier departure.

Say, in Wing Chun ancestor, Leong Jan went back to his home town to prepare for his "departure."

Another story said, Leong killed a man in a fight. Later, knowing the son of this man is searching for Leong Jan to revenge.
Leong, want to end the killing Karma. He purposely let the teen strike him without avoid it and cause server internal injury. and later passed away.

So, Leong is pretty Zen. Winning is no longer meaningfull for him. When it is time to die. He accept it with Grace and ended his own karma.

Hendrik
08-27-2004, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by CFT
I liked this. But as usual Hendrik makes it hard work for us mere mortals to even get this far.:p

See, I am training you to look for Coca cola bottle caps.
paitient (sp) paitient (sp) :D

Hendrik
08-27-2004, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by CFT
A quote from an article (http://www.qimagazine.co.uk/56_3article.htm) by Michael Tse in Qi magazine:

Yijing is the Book of Changes (I-Ching).

0 leads to ...
1 leads to ...
2 leads to ...
4 leads to ...

Yup, that is very chinese.

Heaven, human, earth are from Yijing too. But now a days some people claim it is the shao Lin Chan....etc.

That is 4 coca cola bottle caps. Meaning Bad story making Caught red handed.

When you graduated :D from this topic four discussion. You will be able to tell those so-called Great Grandmaster of His-story making.
"Sir, I dont know much about Chinese, but please dont cheat me." with a smile ofcorse, a practice of ZEN.

Now,
Just dont go to Amazon dot com to rate all the Wing Chun Books with the Coca cola Bottle Cap rating:D. That is not Zen too.

taltos
08-27-2004, 10:05 AM
Heaven human earth are from Yijing too. But now a days some people claim it is the shao Lin Chan....etc.

That is 4 coca cola bottle caps. Meaning Bad story Caught red handed.

You know what would be great? If we could NOT dive right back in this mudslinging. PLEASE?

And I always thought that Heaven, Human, and Earth (representing reality), was UNIVERSAL. My bad.

-Levi

Hendrik
08-27-2004, 10:48 AM
You know what would be great? If we could NOT dive right back in this mudslinging. PLEASE?

And I always thought that Heaven, Human, and Earth (representing reality), was UNIVERSAL. My bad.

A. One needs to have a sense of HUmor since one doesnt live in Ming or Qing, those 4 letter words rigid dynasty anymore.

but human,
lots of people ( including me) are sometimes just playing "Wireless Router" or "clue less router" role.
They just take the imfor from thier sifu and think --- Oh this is what my sifu said. This must be the TRUTH of the universal.

It gets in mudslinging when one become so sturbon(sp) that one published articles, books, ....etc to insist it is the universal truth try to force everyone to accept it when it doesnt make sense at all.

So, admit it. one get 40 coca cola bottle caps. no one is GOD and get a good laught at it. So, big deal?

If one is a sifu, one better gracefully be able to accept 10 coke bottle caps award. If one is a grandmaster 100 coke bottle caps award. if one is the Door Keeper, then 10000 coke bottle caps award. hahahaha
If a Door Keeper or lineage holder do not have a heart open and big enought for 10000 coke bottle caps award, one is going to run out of direction.

B, Heaven, Human, and Earth is not representing reality or is it the Universal in the Buddhist teaching. Time and space is just an illusion of the Conciousness. Buddhist sutra even clearly states, the one unit of time in one dyna or samadhi state is different then one unit of time in other dyna or samadhi state . in todays word, when one is relax, when one is busy, when one is invacation..... the same unit time is different.

Time has to do with thoughts, it is not an independent mechanical time or digital watch time. So when two people face each others, the perception of "time" can vary in a wide range. using Time as the absolute reference is not a good deal.

Non dual is the reality of Buddhism and Buddhism is the teaching of AWARENESS.

So, if one click on the Website of Shao lin temple in China.
It will core the training in The immoveable heart. What is the Immoveable heart? when one arived at Non Dual. one got that immoveable heart.
http://www.shaolin.org.cn/html/html/wu/menu1.htm

ÉÙÁÖ¹¦·òµÄ¼«ÖÂÊÇÁ·¾Í²»¶¯ÐÄ¡£Á·¾Í²»¶¯ÐÄ£¬¾Í²»ÔÙÌ°Éú ÅÂËÀ¡£²»Ì°ÉúÅÂËÀ£¬²¢²»ÊDz»ÈÈ°®ÉúÃü£¬Ïà·´¸üÈÈ°®ÉúÃü ¡£Ñ§»áÈÈ°®ÉúÃü£¬²ÅÊÇѧìøµÄÕæÕýÄ¿µÄ°¡!ʲôÑùµÄÉúÃü² ÅÖµµÃÈÈ°®?Ö»ÓÐûÓз³ÄÕûÓÐÍ´¿àµÄÉúÃü²ÅÖµµÃÈÈ°®¡£Òª Ïë´ïµ½Ã»Óз³ÄÕûÓÐÍ´¿à£¬Ö»ÓÐÁ·¾Í²»¶¯ÐÄ¡£ÎäÊõìø¾ÍÊÇ Í¨Ïò²»¶¯ÐĵÄÒ»Ìõ´óµÀ¡£

¡¡

using simplified Chinese encode.

Brief translation:
Shao Lin Kung Fu's ultimate is to attain the Immovable Heart. Attaining the Immovable heart. one will no longer love to live and have fear to die. however, Not love to live and fear to die is not about no longer love life. in contradiction, it is more loving to life. One learn enthusiastly loving life. That is the true goal of study ZEn.

so, what kind of life is worth deeply loving? the type of life without worried and suffering. In order to get there, one has to cutivate the immoveable heart. Marital art Zen is a board path way to the Immoveable heart. ...

See, for the buddhist, Winning is worried and suffering. For winning will have to accept losing. Revenging the Qing is worried and suffering, for killing will be killed....

Non Dual is about NON reactive. that need to start with training the Awareness, According to Buddhism. So, if one's martial art system is Buddhist Root. it will lead to this.

Thus, the Over turn the Qing and return to Ming Stuffs. Doesnt make sense. Why will the Shao Lin who believe and take vow in and work towards the type of life without worried and suffering wants get back to suffering fill with revenge and hate and anger? doesnt make sense.

Since Ancient time, the message of the core of Shoa Lin is immoveable heart is openly there. But, look at all the Martial arts books published after 1930 upto today . a lots of mess and coca cola bottle caps.

In additional,
There are Buddhist way of using the Heaven, Human, and Earth too. The Buddhist called the Daoist the Externeist because they search for the truth outside thier Buddha nature. So, when Buddhism get into China thousand years ago. Buddhism pick up the Heaven, Human, and Earth but used it very differently.

Digging that up will going to see lots of Coke bottle caps. :D

taltos
08-27-2004, 01:25 PM
A. One needs to have a sense of HUmor since one doesnt live in Ming or Qing, those 4 letter words rigid dynasty anymore.

Actually, this is a discussion forum, not a place where people can DEMAND anything, so I don't NEED anything, since any statement based as such would be your OPINION, which is not based on the DIRECT EXPERIENCE of my existance and such is an ILLUSION. But this whole ridiculous situation is funny, thus my "sense of humor" in poking fun at it with my statements.

but human,lots of people ( including me) are sometimes just playing "Wireless Router" or "clue less router" role.
They just take the imfor from thier sifu and think --- Oh this is what my sifu said. This must be the TRUTH of the universal.

True. Which is why I am VERY HAPPY that my Sifu and my lineage does not require that type of obedience, and actually encourages me to question and test everything for myself. As many on this forum do as well.

It gets in mudslinging when one become so sturbon(sp) that one published articles, books, ....etc to insist it is the universal truth try to force everyone to accept it when it doesnt make sense at all.

Um... no one is forcing anyone to accept anything. And it ALSO gets into mudslinging when people (RE: YOU) bring into a discussion something that was irrelevant and could serve no productive purpose other than to shot thinly veiled insults at people who ARE NOT EVEN ON THIS FORUM.

So, admit it. one get 40 coca cola bottle caps. no one is GOD and get a good laught at it. So, big deal?

What are you trying to say here? I am at a total loss.

If one is a sifu, one better gracefully be able to accept 10 coke bottle caps award. If one is a grandmaster 100 coke bottle caps award. if one is the Door Keeper, then 10000 coke bottle caps award. hahahaha

Uhm, you yourself said it is mudslinging when you "try to force everyone to accept it when it doesnt make sense at all." And now you are making a blanket statement about what a Sifu or Grandmaster had "better" be able to do? Isn't that a little bit presumptuous?

[B]B, Heaven, Human, and Earth is not representing reality or is it the Universal in the Buddhist teaching.[B]

I don't recall stating that HHE was "the Universal in the Buddhist teaching." I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT IF YOU WOULD NOT PUT WORDS INTO MY MOUTH. PLEASE DO NOT MISQUOTE ME FOR YOUR OWN ENDS. THANKS!

[B]Time has to do with thoughts, it is not an independent mechanical time or digital watch time. So when two people face each others, the perception of "time" can vary in a wide range. using Time as the absolute reference is not a good deal.[B]

Actually, time also has to do with the degrading of radioactive isotopes, which in fact is constant no matter what you and I may be doing, so it can be a very good idea indeed, SO LONG AS WE ARE TALKING ABOUT THE SAME THING.

I have no desire to get into a semantic argument, so can we just agree that when I say "time," the idea I have in my head to convey to you is not the idea that you have in your head when you hear the word. Not better. Not worse. Just different. That's that.

Maybe we could respect each other and have productive conversations. I, for one, would very much like that.

-Levi

Hendrik
08-27-2004, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by CFT

0 leads to ...
1 leads to ...
2 leads to ...
4 leads to ...

To be real YiJIng,

0 = Wu Ji = Non Polar
1 = Tai ji = Beyond Polar
2 = Liang Yee = Two polars
4 = Sheh Siang = Four phase
8 = Bah Gau = eight hexigan (sp?)

Term such as Liang Yee is usually use in Wudang system, taiji system, Kung Loon system.. related art such as the Liang Yee Sword ....etc.

Shao Lin very very very seldom uses these type of term.

Hendrik
08-27-2004, 02:46 PM
1, when one can put aside ----- you, me, my lineage thought .ect, to observe a "thing" then freedom is there for one to explore.

until then, one always lives in a duality world which usually taken one's subjective experience as real and truth, so reactive or concious defending become a Norm. There one get box in a box of continous of defending or trying to justify one's believe.
And that justification shows one's uncertainty deep within oneself.

Thus, the varja sutra of Chan teaching Said, one needs to " free from subjective experience, objective, role, and time spend"
Otherwise, one cannot switch one's role and angle of view but trap in reactive action of one must defend or offence role, win or lost, right or wrong, respect or not respect, evil or good.......etc . That is not that zen.

that will cause all conversation to be leading toward "You and Me, YOur and Mine, right and wrong, one evil one good....." arguement, and at the end, it is all about feeding ego.

Thus, IE, discussing about is it the sky is blue color or red color, without based on watching, but based on the thinking on who is Win/lost, right/wrong is not going to get answer for the color of the sky but causing conflic.

if one is free from taking the subjective experience as the truth. then, one can have humor even to laught at oneself. otherwise, it is going to lock oneself into a Box where a certain behaviour is expected and manupulated. bottom line, what is the relation between what is the color of the sky with your is right? ego.
Thus, as it said, it is not the wind wave or the flag wave. it is your heart moved ( no longer in the immovable heart such as the Shao Lin teaching. But "move" into suffering of win/lost)

2, if one speak about an ancient system created based on a certain teaching, be it the western scientific or the eastern Yoga or Daoist or Buddhist. Then, it is expected to based the definition of terminology and "reality" under that teaching.

It is not a problem to Localized Evolution and doing integrating due to different way of people think and influence of other teaching.
However, if one talking about and oldest Daoist system 2000 years ago, but the system pack with term such as Chakras of Indian Yoga. Then, that Daoist system cant be the product of ancient time.

It can be an electic modern Localized Evolution nothing wrong about it, but not Ancient oldest Daoist system.

Similar to if one claim to find an old 1500 years Original " virgin" temple somewhere in the jungle...far far away where no one lives close by, and after dig to the deepest level, one find a 1965 coca cola bottle cap. When is the temple very likely to be build?

Hendrik
08-27-2004, 05:45 PM
Attacked can be catagorized in a few different ways.

Four is a good number.

It is not about what one will do step one, step two, .... since attack is LIVE.

It is about the characteristics of the attacked which can be catagorized.

So, the first is the Speedy attacked.

taltos
08-27-2004, 05:57 PM
Attacked can be catagorized in a few different ways.

Four is a good number.

It is not about what one will do step one, step two, .... since attack is LIVE.

It is about the characteristics of the attacked which can be catagorized.

So, the first is the Speedy attacked.

If we catagorize something, aren't we creating dual (or more) modes? Shouldn't we be non-dual? :D :D

And since Speed = Distance / Time, and we can't use time because it is "not a good deal," aren't we stumbling through illusion if we take this advice of yours? :D

-Levi

Hendrik
08-27-2004, 08:29 PM
If we catagorize something, aren't we creating dual (or more) modes? Shouldn't we be non-dual? :D :D ------

When using one's hand,
how can one know using which side of the hand?
Can one uses only one side of the hand and the other side doesnt go along?

And since Speed = Distance / Time, and we can't use time because it is "not a good deal," aren't we stumbling through illusion if we take this advice of yours? :D ---------

What is the speed of speedy?

Is asking question based on one's thought's deduction an illusion?

Hendrik
08-27-2004, 10:15 PM
The second attack basic type: The Probing attack...

taltos
08-28-2004, 12:19 AM
When using one's hand,
how can one know using which side of the hand?
Can one uses only one side of the hand and the other side doesnt go along?

What is a hand? Isn't your thoughts of a hand simply an illusion? If you create the thought of "hand," you have also implied the thought of "not hand." Isn't this "non dual?"

What is the speed of speedy?

It is Distance / Time. That's a basic equation.

Is asking question based on one's thought's deduction an illusion?

Is making a statement based on one's thought's deduction an illusion?

-Levi

Hendrik
08-28-2004, 10:40 AM
What is a hand? Isn't your thoughts of a hand simply an illusion? If you create the thought of "hand," you have also implied the thought of "not hand." Isn't this "non dual?"

It is Distance / Time. That's a basic equation.

Is making a statement based on one's thought's deduction an illusion?

-Levi

Fantasy has no end.
Arquement for arguement in the realm of fantasy has no end.

Cooking Sand cannot make rice.
Keep thinking on lunch itself is not going to fill the empty stomach

Good luck in your journey within your thoughts

Amitofu.

taltos
08-28-2004, 04:21 PM
Fantasy has no end.
Arquement for arguement in the realm of fantasy has no end.

I'm not sure what you are saying here. I agree that fantasy is boundless (and binding). But were we argueing? I thought we were sharing ideas and discussing. Oh well.

Good luck in your journey within your thoughts

And to you. May you find what you are looking for, and what you need.

-Levi

Hendrik
08-29-2004, 10:14 AM
May you find what you are looking for, and what you need.

Do you know where you¡¦re going to?
Do you like the things that life is showing you
Where are you going to?
Do you know...?

Once we were standing still in time
Chasing the fantasies
That filled our minds........

Now looking back at all we¡¦ve planned
We let so many dreams
Just slip through our hands
Why must we wait so long
Before we¡¦ll see
How sad the answers
To those questions can be

Do you get
What you¡¦re hoping for
When you look behind you
There¡¦s no open door
What are you hoping for?
Do you know...?

A great song...

In the process of training the Shao Lin's immovable heart, or Emei's True emptiness wonderfull existance.

Disregard of what is the physical movements, The first step is cultivate self-awareness.

Not looking for anything, Not needing anything, Not thinking of any kind of secret teaching, Not looking for Olderst teaching, not one to one, mouth to ear teaching, transmission, philosophy......

just learn to Aware of what is in one's own mind, What is one doing at every instant, live in "here" and "Now" . not looking for anything or need anything outside the Awareness.