PDA

View Full Version : Iron Palm.

Ali Hamad Rahim
08-26-2004, 05:11 PM
Let’s talk about Iron Palm; I hate to start off first. I talk too much talk already.

Ali Hamad Rahim.

detroitwingchun.com (http://detroitwingchun.com)

Ali Hamad Rahim
08-26-2004, 05:35 PM
And the correct way too place the bricks (many different ways). Oh yeah! the proper deliver of the strike or technique.

Ali Hamad Rahim.

Hendrik
08-26-2004, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by Ali Hamad Rahim
And the correct way too place the bricks (many different ways). Oh yeah! the proper deliver of the strike or technique.

Ali Hamad Rahim.

Ali,

why do you need an iron palm to break bricks?

Buy one of these :D
http://www.stedman-machine.com/megaslam.htm

But dont tell others I still keep a bottle of 30 year old Dit Dar lotion for my hand so it looks smooth after the Iron bag training and I got the hand bath formula and Chinese herb Kidney/Liver smootie RX too. :D

Get Zen man, have compassinate to stone and rocks and bricks.....Harikrisna is always happy. :D

Let's chaan OOOMMMMMMMMM

Ali Hamad Rahim
08-27-2004, 03:56 AM
Hendrik said:

Ali,

why do you need an iron palm to break bricks?

To answer your question: why Iron Palm? In the early days of Chang San- Feng the great hermit of Chi Kung, a lot of people were weak and sickly. And most of the monks were not able to stand up for a good fight. Chi theory and chi kung or iron palm were not applied to Chinese martial arts until the late Liang dynasty (502-557 A.D.) The monks use to easily break or hurt their hands during training, because of their weak bone marrow and bad blood flow to the hands. Iron palm is in the category of the Wai Dan chi kung, which strengthen the limbs.

Ali Hamad Rahim.

Ali Hamad Rahim
08-27-2004, 03:59 AM
Before you put the hands wash on or dit di jow. You should force the chi to your hand, by putting them in hot water. Try this out; just give your arm one good slap. You may feel a sting in the area of the slap and also a buzzing feeling, that buzzing feeling is chi coming to the rescue of the maybe damage area. And you will have a good buzzing feeling in your hands, when you pull them out of the water, and that’s when the dit di jow is applied.

Ali Hamad Rahim.

Ali Hamad Rahim
08-27-2004, 04:21 AM
Keep the questions coming in sah allah (if God will). I can go on for days on this subject. For a good answer, just ask the right question. Don’t hold back on this subject. Am just here to help. I don’t know everything. But iron palm, I’ve been training in it for 19 years. I just know what I know. I’m on my way to work now, be back soon.

Ali Hamad Rahim

Wilson
08-27-2004, 07:22 AM
Do you have a recommendation for a commercially available jow or do you always make your own? There are so many on the market, its tough to sort through them all to see what is worth while.

Thanks!

old jong
08-27-2004, 07:40 AM
Hi Ali!
What is your basic training (method) in iron palm?...
Do you tap the bag or do you hit hard?...

AmanuJRY
08-27-2004, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by Wilson
Do you have a recommendation for a commercially available jow or do you always make your own? There are so many on the market, its tough to sort through them all to see what is worth while.

Thanks!

I'm sure you can find some commercially, but making it is easy (and kinda fun, if your like me :) ).

Recipe (http://www.wayofthedragon.org/html/dit_da_jow_medicine.shtml)

This is just one formula, I have seen a few different ones, just search around.

Ali Hamad Rahim
08-27-2004, 09:30 AM
Wilson said:

Thanks!

Well with the dit di jow when you buy it commercially, its never top grade, it’s sometimes having only half the herbs too make the batch complete. But that’s ok if you know the right way to use it, far as preparation. Make sure you never wash your hands with any of type of hand wash. Stop the sink (drain), and stick your hands palm down, on the floor of the sink, then let the water raise up to your wrist or above the wrist, hot water that is. And never dry your hand off with anything just air dry. You do not want to contaminate your dit di jow, because its half grade anyway. If it’s in a squeeze bottle for commercial sales that’s bad, but it doesn’t mean you shouldn’t buy it, just simply rap the bottle up in some type of rag and put it in a paper bag, and store it a in a dark place for at least 3 months in complete darkness. To give the batch complete darkness for that long it makes the jow ferment like wine, and that’s very good. I do recommend finding a glass jar that’s big enough to fit at least three fingers in, so two of them can reach the bottom. Now when the fingers are wet with dit di jow you rub it around the wrist and the wrist bone, until it become slightly warm and do the same with each finger. And you must wet the two fingers for each application, the hands and fingers, wrists and elbows. My students and I use the 18 toastiest palm formula (dit di jow) which have 28 herbs in all. I teach my students to make it them self’s.

Ali Hamad Rahim.

Matrix
08-27-2004, 09:58 AM
Ali,

Do you have a receipe that you would be willing to share as well?

Thanks,
*Bill

Ali Hamad Rahim
08-27-2004, 10:27 AM
Hello old jong,

First thing you learn is how to sink your chi while in your stances. I know some of you must be saying what the h*ll is he keep taking about sinking your chi, (meaning calmness or strong root) what if someone runs up to you and throws you a beer and you catch it, would you open it right away, or what? I think you would wait until the contents of the can calms down, for what’s inside is very restless. The same goes for the stances (you must uses wide stances of your choice) if you don’t sink your chi before hitting the bags, you will cause all kinds of internal problems. Because; the shock from striking the bags will bounce back on you. Now when hitting the bags for the first month, bring the striking hand up to collarbone level and drop the hand naturally with no force at all, this is too develop muscle memory and timing for each hand position or strikes that is in your iron palm drill, and at the same time developing chi in the hands or heavy hand development. Oh yeah you must use correct brethren techniques, which I won’t go into right at this moment. Now the next month you bring the hands up to your solar plexus and use A little jing when striking, natural movements only. Developing close quarters heavy hand power. The third month do the same by bringing the hands up to the bellybutton, and drop the hand with total shen and jing control. Recommend qualified sifu by your side for the first month of training.

Ali Hamad Rahim

Ali Hamad Rahim
08-27-2004, 10:36 AM
I’m sorry Matrix, not at the moment. But who knows something might pop up. Take care.

Ali Hamad Rahim.

Matrix
08-27-2004, 11:20 AM
I’m sorry Matrix, not at the moment. But who knows something might pop up. Take care. Ali,
Understood. I'll stay tuned, just in case. :)

Thanks,
*Bill

Hendrik
08-27-2004, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by YongChun
I know someone who learned iron palm in Malaysia. He can break three of those plastic breaking boards with the back of his palm. The best any other martial artist in town can do is two of those boards. This guy is not that big.

Is he belong to the Shao Lin kungfu school?

Ali Hamad Rahim
08-27-2004, 11:57 AM
Oh yeah, I forgot in month three, as you hit the bags with shen & jing control, your strikes should resemble a brick on a string. Picture this; a string tied around your body with a cement block, tied to the other end. When you throw the brick you will feel nothing, until the rope reach the end of the line. Then you will feel a natural jerk to the body. That is called nothing, nothing and sometime. Meaning the hands is nothing until the moment of impact.

Ali Hamad Rahim.

Ali Hamad Rahim
08-27-2004, 12:08 PM
Iron palm is so very real, over 40% of my students has a high-level of iron palm.

Ali Hamad Rahim.

Hendrik
08-27-2004, 12:25 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot in month three, as you hit the bags with shen & jing control, your strikes should resemble a brick on a string. Picture this; a string tied around your body, with a cement block, tied to the other end. When you throw the brick you will feel nothing, until the rope reach the end of the line. Then you will feel a natural jerk to the body. That is called nothing, nothing and sometime. Meaning the hands is nothing until the moment of impact.

good analogy..

but the question remain. how to Throw? where the Throw generated. ... and how to control how deep the penetration....

Ali Hamad Rahim
08-27-2004, 02:39 PM
I assume that you are talking about hitting the bags, as how to throw: first lets start with the height of the table. The table should be at dan tian level, only after you are in your stance (wide stance). So you are standing directly over the bags, while dropping the hands in a very relax but heavy hand kind of way. You focus on Jing & Shen. The throw generates clean through the bag its’ self. Once you get to a cretin level of iron palm the top of your iron palm table will seem moist & wet, where the chi as generated through the bags. With the three levels of penetration collarbone solar plexus and bellybutton, collarbone: first softness, solar plexus: second soft but yet with heavy hand ness, bellybutton: third with shen & jing. Explosiveness with chi energized muscle.

Ali Hamad Rahim.

Ali Hamad Rahim
08-27-2004, 03:25 PM
You will see every thing you need to see, by just hitting the bags correctly through. repartition. Must be three kinds of bags, start of with sand for three months, then dry peas or beans, the kind that you buy in a plastic bag, put in iron palm bags three months. Hit the bags until peas or beans are all crushed. The last bag fill with daisy BBs hit for three months. Then you will be complete.

Ali Hamad Rahim.

azwingchun
08-27-2004, 06:12 PM
Awhile ago I posted that I had several very good recipes, not sure if you got them or not. But those that are interested in the formulas that I have, I am more than happy to share them with you. Contact me at chandlerwingchun@cox.net, and I will send them. ;)

Matrix
08-27-2004, 06:42 PM
John,

No, I did not see that post, but I'll send you an email.

Thanks,
*Bill

azwingchun
08-27-2004, 06:46 PM
No problem....I believe there are something like 6 or 7 of them. ;)

Ali Hamad Rahim
08-28-2004, 06:39 AM
Do anyone have any questions or info on breaking.

Ali Hamad Rahim.

Gangsterfist
08-28-2004, 08:45 AM
I think there are lots of misconceptions about iron body, and especially iron palm. What Ali says, is similar to what I have been taught by some practitioners who practice whole iron body training. However, I think a lot of people get confused iron palm was not really designed to break bricks, well unless you look at it externally.

Ali Hamad Rahim
08-28-2004, 08:56 AM
Gangsterfist:

I think there are lots of misconceptions about iron body, and especially iron palm. What Ali says, is similar to what I have been taught by some practitioners who practice whole iron body training. However, I think a lot of people get confused iron palm was not really designed to break bricks, well unless you look at it externally.

Ail:

How so very true iron palm is also used for healing in dim mak.. dim mak & iron palm usually comes hand in hand.

Ali Hamad Rahim.

Hendrik
08-28-2004, 11:15 AM

How so very true iron palm is also used for healing in dim mak.. dim mak & iron palm usually comes hand in hand.

Healing with Iron Palm? how can that be done?
Use Palm to dim mark?

Is it Dim mark or Dim Huit?

FngSaiYuk
08-28-2004, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Hendrik
Healing with Iron Palm? how can that be done?
Use Palm to dim mark?

Is it Dim mark or Dim Huit?

My past training in Iron Palm/Body involved a lot of energy/qi work. The ability to move energy throughout your body and focus the energy into either a defense or an attack point is the same knowledge & technique used in healing.

Knowledge of the energy flow through meridians is likewise common to both pressure point attack and healing.

There is no contradiction- To harm via disruption of blood/nerve/energy flow requires the same training and knowledge as to heal via the balancing of blood/nerve/energy flow.

Ali Hamad Rahim
08-28-2004, 11:57 AM
FngSaiYuk said:

My past training in Iron Palm/Body involved a lot of energy/qi work. The ability to move energy throughout your body and focus the energy into either a defense or an attack point is the same knowledge & technique used in healing.

Knowledge of the energy flow through meridians is likewise common to both pressure point attack and healing.

There is no contradiction- To harm via disruption of blood/nerve/energy flow requires the same training and knowledge as to heal via the balancing of blood/nerve/energy flow.

FngSaiYuk, when I grow up I want to be just like you, well maybe.
well said, that was very good.

Ali Hamad Rahim.

detroitwingchun.com (http://detriotwingchun.com)

azwingchun
08-28-2004, 12:29 PM
I believe the key here is 'Intent'......as well as application of the technique. ;)

Matrix
08-28-2004, 12:56 PM
Would you say that it is the yin and yang of Iron Palm?

*Bill

azwingchun
08-28-2004, 01:05 PM
It isn't always so black and white! But I would say yes. Knowing that everything has a reaction to any certain action, then it doesn't end there. This is what I mean about not being so black and white.

What I am getting at is everything can be broken down to an infinite yin and yang series of properties. So at the healing stage you could then figure out the yin and yang properites of that action....and the same can be done with the action of hurt.

I wish I was much better at putting things into key strokes......but I am not! :(

But for a basic answer to the question....then yes.

;)

Matrix
08-28-2004, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by azwingchun
What I am getting at is everything can be broken down to an infinite yin and yang series of properties. So at the healing stage you could then figure out the yin and yang properites of that action....and the same can be done with the action of hurt. John,
Don't short change yourself. I see you what you mean, and I think you've done a great job in making your point. I appreciate the time and effort put into clarification.

Best Regards,
*Bill

azwingchun
08-28-2004, 01:14 PM
Well thank you my friend. ;)

Yin and Yang can be very funny sometimes and can not always be very black and white as many want to make it. A friend of mine, who is a TCM doctor, was havinga discussion with us about this. He asked what we thought about sleeping? He asked us if it was Yin or Yang? It seems like Yin, as you are very passive and not doing anything, but at the same time he said it could be looked at as Yang......yang because you are doing something......it is an action of sleeping.

But anyway......enough of my babbling. Plus, I don't mean to hijack the thread! :p

Gangsterfist
08-28-2004, 03:25 PM
I'll let you guys in on an ancient chinese secret, Iron Palm is for conditioning, not super strikes, not brick breaking.

Infact many misconceptions come from the name. See the East think a lot different than us westerners. The name comes from a bi product of the training. I won't go into specifics because I am not just about to spurt out all i know over the internet, but here it goes.

Once you reach a certain level in your iron palm training you eventually will use metal beads in your punching bag. After hevy use sweat and sachuration from your hands seep through the bag and cause the metal beads in there to rust. Eventually the rust flakes off and seeps through the bag in a dust like form which makes your hands look rusty, hence they look like iron because iron rusts. That is where the name came from, not because it makes your hands as hard as iron. There are some aspects of chi cultivation involved and there are definate levels of training you start off on the lowest level and work your way up.

azwingchun
08-28-2004, 03:49 PM
I'll let you guys in on an ancient chinese secret, Iron Palm is for conditioning, not super strikes, not brick breaking.

I have trained my hands in various methods for many years now.......one of the first things students ask me, is if I can break bricks or as a friend of mine does....parking curbs? They seem a little shocked when I tell them that I haven't broken anything for demonstrations since I was probably 12 years old. To me this is not what my training is for. Actually, I am not telling the truth.....it just came to me, I broke some bricks a couple of years ago. But only because my kung fu brother kept trying to get me to do it (he likes to use this for demos) LOL!!!!

Don't get me wrong, I find it very interesting for those that do train this way.....plus, it is impressive for other to watch. But for me, I have nothing to show or prove to anyone.

By the way, the interesting thing mentioned here is the description of why iron palm is called iron palm. This brings me back to what Ali Hamad Rahim mentioend. He said that he fills a bag with Daisy BBs. I have always been told that you should use pure iron, due to all the chemicles in other types of metals. The chemicles can be absorbed through the skin and cause future problems.

Do you guys not believe this? I have used both, so personally have no opinion on this. But am curious what others think?

azwingchun
08-28-2004, 04:22 PM
I have a question on your training. You say that you use the three bags, and three levels.....the collarbone, solarplex and dan tien. Are these three levels or heights used for each bag for three months each per level?

I just want to make sure I understand you properly.

Ali Hamad Rahim
08-28-2004, 05:14 PM
Collarbone, Solar plexus, bellybutton concept, is used for each bag.

Ali Hamad Rahim.

azwingchun
08-28-2004, 05:18 PM
Interesting.....thank you.

old jong
08-28-2004, 05:41 PM
If I use a bag filled with aquarium gravel,will I get "stone palm"?...Forget it !....;) :D :p

azwingchun
08-28-2004, 05:50 PM
No, but you might get a stone bruise! :p

YongChun
08-28-2004, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by Hendrik
Is he belong to the Shao Lin kungfu school?

I don't know. He said in Malaysia there were masters of various Chinese arts there such as Preying Mantis, White Crane, Yang Tai Chi, Chen Tai Chi and this master just taught Iron Palm. He used the soft method to hit the bag with all sides of the hand. They also used special linaments to rub on the hand and he has a recipe for that to make his own.

Gangsterfist
08-28-2004, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by YongChun
I don't know. He said in Malaysia there were masters of various Chinese arts there such as Preying Mantis, White Crane, Yang Tai Chi, Chen Tai Chi and this master just taught Iron Palm. He used the soft method to hit the bag with all sides of the hand. They also used special linaments to rub on the hand and he has a recipe for that to make his own.

That sounds more like the real deal from what I have heard. It sounds like the internal training. The liniments you apply to your hand are really to help it heal and to help a bith with conditioning. However, from my experience its more for helping your hand heal.

Ali Hamad Rahim
08-29-2004, 07:17 AM
First of all the bbs are put in a plastic liner inside the bags, just as the sand and the peas are second you train only in the morning and early evenings, twice a day tops. With only four sets of drills, each time. Iron palm Develops, chi to the hands, timing and heavy hand power. it was used for all kinds of reasons.

You must develop three spiritual roots: Will, Patience and
Endurance. some never develop these spiritual roots, hence
cutting thier limitations short.

Ali Hamad Rahim.

Ali Hamad Rahim
08-29-2004, 07:34 AM
from my 19 years of experienced in iron palm, the bbs never flaked or got rusty. while in the platic bags (Zip lock freezer bags).
I just open a bag that I had for 5 years, no rust or flakes.

Ali Hamad Rahim.

Ali Hamad Rahim
08-29-2004, 08:25 AM
“He who do not give knowledge and speaks of secret, speaks only of their limitations, for there are no secret, in kung fu.”

Grand Master Woo Fai Ching.

Ali Hamad Rahim.

azwingchun
08-29-2004, 08:28 AM
Thanks...never thought about putting them in plastic bags! ;)

Ali Hamad Rahim
08-29-2004, 09:19 AM
“He who do not give knowledge and speaks of secret, speaks only of their limitations, for there are no secret, in kung fu.”

Grand Master Woo Fai Ching.

That statement is directed only to myself, to remind me to only speak of what I have experienced first hand.

Ali Hamad Rahim.

old jong
08-29-2004, 12:23 PM
Thanks Ali!...Your input on this forum is greatly appreciated.:cool:

Gangsterfist
08-29-2004, 12:28 PM
Ali-

Do you also require the optimal rules for you iron palm training:

Like:

1) not hungry
2) no full
3) not tired
4) have not had sex within 24hours
5)have not done any kind of drug within 24 hours

so on and so forth.

I have heard many variations of things like this when practing iron palm (or iron body for that matter).

Ali Hamad Rahim
08-29-2004, 02:07 PM
Ali-

Do you also require the optimal rules for you iron palm training:

Like:

1) not hungry
2) no full
3) not tired
4) have not had sex within 24hours
5) have not done any kind of drug within 24 hours

so on and so forth.

I have heard many variations of things like this when practing iron palm (or iron body for that matter).

Sure that is some of the optimal rules in all Chi Kung development, which is a very good point to bring up. # 1.2.3 of your points works hand in hand together. Being full, tried or hungry will slow down your chi development or could cause internal damage (having bad techniques while developing chi, because of point 1-3) from those points 1-3 the body becomes tenses, and chi does not flow through a tense body. Picture this: an electric cord tied up in several tight knots, you would not dare use it because it may cause a power serge. You must untied the knots for better electrical flow.

Ali Hamad Rahim

AmanuJRY
08-29-2004, 02:38 PM
Speaking from the position of being an electrician and understanding fully the concepts of electricity and conductivity; Ali, your analogy is incorrect at best. Not to say that what you are trying to describe is wrong, just that knots in an electrical cord cause nothing more than a feint magnetic field, they would not cause power surges.

Ali Hamad Rahim
08-29-2004, 03:15 PM
I’m only speaking from my experience. From what I’ve seen with my own eyes, well if you think it’s ok, just try and plug one up to your lamp for several days, remember very tight knots I do not recommend using a cord that way I have a masters in that field.
I am not saying that you are wrong. But just give it a shot. Ps. Good luck. A water hoes has the same concept. Water will not flow from a water hoes with knots in it. Then again maybe you know something different.

Ali Hamad Rahim.

Ali Hamad Rahim
08-29-2004, 03:29 PM
Forgive me, actually don’t try that, you could really burn your house down that way.

Ali Hamad Rahim.

Gangsterfist
08-29-2004, 05:19 PM
Forgive me, actually don’t try that, you could really burn your house down that way.

Ali Hamad Rahim.

Ali-

You are a funny guy!

Ali Hamad Rahim
08-29-2004, 05:31 PM
Gangsterfist; I really love your opinions on this and many other issues, you are real sharp.

Ali Hamad Rahim.

Matrix
08-29-2004, 07:39 PM
I am not saying that you are wrong. But just give it a shot. Ps. Good luck. A water hoes has the same concept. Water will not flow from a water hoes with knots in it. Then again maybe you know something different. Ali,
I can tell you that Justin is technically correct, but you are right in suggesting that a water hose is a good alternative. Either way, your point with respect to Chi Kung development is well taken.

*Bill

Ali Hamad Rahim
08-29-2004, 08:53 PM
Rigth on bro Detriot rock city. HEY MATRIX: I'm still planing to come that way soon. I'll let you know when.

Ali Hamad Rahim.

Matrix
08-30-2004, 06:42 AM
HEY MATRIX: I'm still planing to come that way soon. I'll let you know when. Hey Ali,
Sounds great. I look forward to it...
*Bill

Ali Hamad Rahim
08-31-2004, 08:24 AM
I’m giving a one-hour demo on iron palm at Demby High School in Detroit eastside, at their lunchtime brake. For more info write to: theredboat@comcast.net

Ali Hamad Rahim.

Detroitwingchun.com (http://detroitwingchun.com)

Phil Redmond
09-01-2004, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by Matrix
Ali,
Do you have a receipe that you would be willing to share as well?
Thanks,
*Bill
Matrix, I have a few formulas from different Sifus that I'm willing to share. Email me. But remember that Jow is different from Iron Palm medicine.

Matrix
09-02-2004, 05:29 AM
Phil,

Thank you for the offer. I'll do that.

One more thing, I was wondering how your seminar in Toronto went?

Phil Redmond
09-03-2004, 10:28 AM
Hi, Sorry for the late reply. I don't really have time to visit here often anymore since I'm teaching full time 6 days a week. The Toronto seminar went well. We ended up doing sparring the last couple hours of the seminar. We worked on covering mulitple kicks and feints. There were some pretty good kickers there so we used them since there were some people (like me), who couldn't kick high enough. Please send me your email address. I can scan a formula and send it to you. If you live in the GTA you'll have no trouble finding a Chinese herb store. Use a white liquor and if you can use a blender to grind/crush the herbs. That way you won't have to wait as long for the jow to be ready. Also, use a large "glass" jar. Keep the mixture in a cool dry place away from sunlight. Every day shake the bottle up. The jow should be ready to use after about 2 or 3 months. Of course the longer the mixture sits the better.

Matrix
09-05-2004, 12:26 PM
Phil,

I do not live in the GTA, but I do go there on occasion. Hopefully I can find the ingredients locally, but if not, I'll shop around in the "big city". ;)

For some reason, I cannot get onto to your website, and I don't have your email address. I've sent you a PM which includes my email address.

Best Regards,
*Bill

Phil Redmond
09-05-2004, 09:01 PM
Hi Bill, I can't get to my site either. I'm calling up our webmaster to see what's going on. I got you PM.
Phil

Phil Redmond
09-07-2004, 03:48 PM
Bill, I sent you one formula. I'm in the process of moving and the
other ones are packed away. I'll send another really good one later one later on. BTW, the site is back up.

Ali Hamad Rahim
09-16-2004, 05:16 AM
you may get some info here.

ali.

Broken One
11-28-2004, 12:49 PM
Why do some iron palm practitioner only condition their palm while i have seen others condition the palm, egde of hand, heel, and back of the hand? wont just conditioning the palm strengthen the other parts of the hand as well? to me conditioning all parts of the hand seem kind of overkill.

Ali Hamad Rahim
11-28-2004, 05:09 PM
You know what? I had the same question. You have to understand that one part of the hand supports other parts of the hand. Your whole hand has too develop resistance against shock.

Ali Hamad Rahim.

FngSaiYuk
11-28-2004, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Broken One
Why do some iron palm practitioner only condition their palm while i have seen others condition the palm, egde of hand, heel, and back of the hand? wont just conditioning the palm strengthen the other parts of the hand as well? to me conditioning all parts of the hand seem kind of overkill.

Depends on your goals... To some, the basic iron palm training of just the palm is already overkill, whereas some will condition several parts of their body in some form of iron training.

Ali Hamad Rahim
11-28-2004, 05:24 PM
I have been studying Iron Palm for many years, if you don’t train your whole hand, talk about your over kill, you will surely kill your own hand, too the point you will never use it again.

Ali Hamad Rahim.

Broken One
11-28-2004, 07:12 PM
thankyou for clearing that up:)

Ali Hamad Rahim
02-15-2005, 11:51 AM
;)

Waxwood rod
02-15-2005, 12:19 PM
Hey Ali, do you play guitar or bass or anything? I was wondering if Iron palm training has any effect on the agility of fingers. By the way, I don't know if you saw my earlier post but I have a Son of Sam tape from way back called "F*** it to Death" I still listen to it occationally. Were you the singer?

Ali Hamad Rahim
02-15-2005, 12:38 PM
Yes,, I was the singer at one time,, we all took turns singing really,, but later Lacy did most of the singing,, Yes I play bass,, drums,, piano,, and saxophone… I’ve been into music for 32 years and have my own recording studio now,, I do the internal style of “Iron Palm” which does not hurt my hands in anyway… But I recommend that you have a certified instructor by your side for the first month of you Iron Palm studies… Detroit City Rocks!!! Stay up Waxwood rod,, and peace…

P.S.

I was not the singer on that record…

Ali Hamad Rahim.

Waxwood rod
02-15-2005, 12:51 PM
Thanks for the reply Ali. Sounds like you got it going on with the music. Rock on!