PDA

View Full Version : Dude, Where's my thread?

ShaolinTiger00
08-26-2004, 07:58 PM
Why was my thread removed?

Volcano Admim
08-26-2004, 08:05 PM
you konw its like hunting

some times of the year peeps be allowed ot hunt a certain number of certain species of animals
cos its ok
or so they say

hey man,
remember we're going to die anyway so its nothing to worry about

"free yourself
from yourself"

"think for yourself
question authority"

"there is no spoon"

"saint anger round my neck
he never gets respect"

"fear is the mind killer"

rubthebuddha
08-26-2004, 10:21 PM
st00 -- i nixed it, as bl has enough threads about her already. she's actually making progress toward reasonability (and reason, for that matter). she's even agreeing with toby and serpent on a regular basis, and not even the rest of us do that.

i tried to send you a pm this afternoon, but apparently it didn't take, because it isn't in my sent items now.

anyhoo, bl gets far more attention than she deserves on the main forums. if you really want to get something across to her, i suggest either standing within five feet and shouting through a megaphone, or using private messages. :)

Serpent
08-26-2004, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by rubthebuddha
she's even agreeing with toby and serpent on a regular basis, and not even the rest of us do that.

******, really? Someone has obviously injected her with something.

Hau Tien
08-27-2004, 06:09 AM
I can't speak for everyone, but I know I'm getting really sick of opening a thread, reading for a bit, only to find it turn into some weakass lame argument (about grammar and spelling... something NONE of the people involved are perfect with) between bl, serpent, cerebus, et all.

We get it. You don't like her. You don't like what she says. You're never going to, so why bother continuing to egg her on?

I think all sides involved have been showing an incredible amount of immaturity and haven't been considerate at all of the other people who read/post on these forums.

Just my opinion, tho... and I'm just some nobody ;)

Water Dragon
08-27-2004, 06:49 AM
Originally posted by ShaolinTiger00
Dude, Where's my thread?

I thought I saw it over there (http://www.kungfuusa.net/images/photo_page/111.jpg)

No man, it's right here (http://www.kungfuusa.net/images/photo_page/021.jpg)

Chang Style Novice
08-27-2004, 06:50 AM
and then....?

norther practitioner
08-27-2004, 07:27 AM
fried rice

Chang Style Novice
08-27-2004, 08:12 AM
and then....?

Water Dragon
08-27-2004, 08:12 AM
And then along came Jones

Dah dah da-da-da-da

FatherDog
08-27-2004, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by Hau Tien
I can't speak for everyone, but I know I'm getting really sick of opening a thread, reading for a bit, only to find it turn into some weakass lame argument (about grammar and spelling... something NONE of the people involved are perfect with) between bl, serpent, cerebus, et all.

We get it. You don't like her. You don't like what she says. You're never going to, so why bother continuing to egg her on?

I think all sides involved have been showing an incredible amount of immaturity and haven't been considerate at all of the other people who read/post on these forums.

Just my opinion, tho... and I'm just some nobody ;)

Personally, I look on these boards as (aside from their entertainment value) a place to exchange information. If someone is able to continually spew blatantly incorrect information without being challenged on it, it lessens the value of the boards as a resource, particularly for new people that may not know that bl is talking bollocks. Thus, when bl pops up saying things that are blatantly incorrect, I generally say so - to do otherwise leads to a degradation in the information value of these threads.

norther practitioner
08-27-2004, 08:40 AM
and then....?

some eggrolls

ShaolinTiger00
08-27-2004, 09:06 AM

Just to make it clear (since you can't read what I wrote) My thread was not mean spirited in any way. It was just advice directed at her for avoiding getting flamed like you mention above.

rubthebuddha
08-27-2004, 09:43 AM
st00 is correct -- he was polite, and the advice he gave was fair and intelligent. however, i'd rather not have any more threads focus on bl, and i already know from experience she doesn't take advice, regardless of its merit. the thread was novel, but i'd rather stuff like that be kept on regular pms from now on.

David Jamieson
08-27-2004, 01:22 PM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by ShaolinTiger00
Dude, Where's my thread?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I thought I saw it over there (http://www.kungfuusa.net/images/photo_page/111.jpg)

No man, it's right here (http://www.kungfuusa.net/images/photo_page/021.jpg)

omfg, the keys thread!!!! lol

hilarious

David Jamieson
08-27-2004, 01:27 PM
I sense this thread is in your head (http://www.kungfuusa.net/images/photo_page/044.jpg)