PDA

View Full Version : Tournaments tournaments tournaments

Hermes3X
08-26-2004, 09:33 PM
Really what is the point of Karate rules tournaments? I mean really? Why do people train to do something that everybody knows is tag. I had a black belt tonight tell me that tournaments, with the rules the way they are are just tag. Well my god! Sorry, I'm just frustrated to find out that like 80% of my kung fu isn't allowed and I have to fight like a chicken or some flightless bird

Matrix
09-01-2004, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by Hermes3X
Really what is the point of Karate rules tournaments? Winning giant plastic trophies?

SevenStar
09-02-2004, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Hermes3X
Really what is the point of Karate rules tournaments? I mean really? Why do people train to do something that everybody knows is tag. I had a black belt tonight tell me that tournaments, with the rules the way they are are just tag. Well my god! Sorry, I'm just frustrated to find out that like 80% of my kung fu isn't allowed and I have to fight like a chicken or some flightless bird

the point of it is competition - and something of a social gathering. You get to meet other MA and compete against him. Some people like this and others don't. I am one of the ones that doesn't. For those that don't, you can fight san shou, kickboxing, muay thai, mma, etc - your kung fu will be allowed there.