PDA

View Full Version : Tan Sau

Hendrik
08-27-2004, 10:11 PM
Tan Sau, Some called it Dispesing (sp?) hand, some called it open up hand, Some called is money asking hand.....

So is Tan Sau a forward outward flipping movement which dispesing(sp) oneself?

Or Tan Sau is a backward inward flipping movement which dispesing(sp) the opponents?

Or Tan Sau is a side outward twisting movement which dispesing the opponents?

What is a Tan Sau?
Why is called Tan Sau not Tan Kiu?

taltos
08-28-2004, 12:29 AM
In both lineages I study, Tan Sau is translated as "dispersing hand."

I don't have a lineage answer as to why it is a Tan Sau and not a Tan Kiu, but I would assume it is because we do not use Tan during the Kiu Sau facing or timeframe, but during the Chi Sau facing and timeframe.

-Levi

Myo-ho
08-28-2004, 03:50 AM
To my knowledge, Tan Sau means "Palm up hand", so literally speaking every technique with palm up could be called tan sau.
However in my School Tan Sau (the technique) can be done:
1) moving forward
2) moving up-down
3) moving down-up

respectfully,

Myoho (CRCA Italy)

AmanuJRY
08-28-2004, 08:43 AM
Here is the 'as literal as it gets' translation for taan;

to spread; to open
to divide equally; to apportion
a booth; a stand; a stall

As taken from from the VT museum's terminolgy site (http://home.vtmuseum.org/terminology/characters.php?dfn=c&Ssearchfield=Common+Spellings&SsearchFor=taan&Ssortfield=Definitions&Sway=ASC&Slimit=20).

To me the concept of dispersing/spreading referrs to the action of the taan sau, like a wedge, spreading/dispersing the attack away from your centerline.

As for the sau/kiu question, sau=arm, kiu=bridge, both would be correct I guess. I'm not aware of the subtle uses of these two words other than sau being used to indicate aspects of the arm (i.e. sau biu=wrist watch).

AmanuJRY
08-28-2004, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by Myo-ho
However in my School Tan Sau (the technique) can be done:
1) moving forward
2) moving up-down
3) moving down-up

I'm curious to know more of what you mean by up-down/down-up, would you elaborate on this?

Gangsterfist
08-28-2004, 08:51 AM
Tan sao (disperssing hand) is forward energy towards the center line, reinforced with elbow movement. Its not a hard technique its a soft that uses body structure. It kind of follows the retain what comes in concept. The elbows are the most important part of the tan sao.

Hendrik
08-28-2004, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by AmanuJRY

1, To me the concept of dispersing/spreading referrs to the action of the taan sau, like a wedge, spreading/dispersing the attack away from your centerline.

2, As for the sau/kiu question, sau=arm, kiu=bridge, both would be correct I guess. I'm not aware of the subtle uses of these two words other than sau being used to indicate aspects of the arm (i.e. sau biu=wrist watch).

1, the question still are:
is it dispersing the attack away from one's centerline?
or is it dispersing the attack from his/her own center line?
or dispersing the attack away from the center line of both the attacker and defender?

2, if we all agree on Tan Sau is a core hand of Wing Chun. Then, from the Sematic (sp) of naming. We can search , which art using the same naming sematic. Via the angle of the technics Dna, the Sematic of naming, the legend from the passed.... if all converge into one style. then we know where Wing Chun is from or to the minimum, Where Tan Sau is from.

Hendrik
08-28-2004, 11:02 AM

I'm curious to know more of what you mean by up-down/down-up, would you elaborate on this?

so, it is outward? inward? upward? down ward? .......Down up/up down?

Why all of these questions?

Hint: because there is second "hand" hiddden in the Tan. Similar to the alien in the AVP movie, there is a mouth within a mouth.

AmanuJRY
08-28-2004, 01:43 PM
Hendrik
1, the question still are:
is it dispersing the attack away from one's centerline?
or is it dispersing the attack from his/her own center line?
or dispersing the attack away from the center line of both the attacker and defender?

Taan sau is a wedge, driving to the opponent via the centerline and disspersing the opponents attack from the centerline.

away from one's centerline? Yes
away from opponent's centerline? Yes
away from both centerlines? Yes

Hendrik
so, it is outward? inward? upward? down ward? .......Down up/up down?

Why all of these questions?

Hint: because there is second "hand" hiddden in the Tan. Similar to the alien in the AVP movie, there is a mouth within a mouth.

Why the question?
So that I may understand what Myo-ho meant.

As for your hint.......you have got to tell me about that, it sounds like a great analogy.

Hendrik
08-28-2004, 01:54 PM
Taan sau is a wedge, driving to the opponent ..... As for your hint.......you have got to tell me about that, it sounds like a great analogy.

Driving toward the opponents?

An alien's hand within a hand. Wing Chun's Top secret X-file on TAAANNNNNN Sau :D

AmanuJRY
08-28-2004, 02:41 PM
Maybe 'striving' would be a better word.;)

Got to get my top-secret clearance, I'm missing out.:D

Gangsterfist
08-28-2004, 03:33 PM
Actually I want to edit something what I said earlier. They elbows are key, but not he most important, all the apsects must be there for it to work, so they are all equally important.

Hendrik
08-29-2004, 10:33 AM
Will the Tan Sau motion against the momentum of one's body while doing Tan dar?

Gangsterfist
08-29-2004, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Hendrik

No, it follows the one body one mind concept.

AmanuJRY
08-29-2004, 02:43 PM

Not sure what you are asking here, Hendrik.:confused:

Hendrik
08-29-2004, 05:44 PM
Not sure what you are asking here, Hendrik.:confused:

There is a key in this question. Honest.
It concern the resultant force of the wholeness and the acceleration of the movements...

Ali Hamad Rahim
08-29-2004, 06:03 PM
I’m no expert but its sound like you guys hit it all on the nose. Also tan sao can take the place of a mon sao (asking hand), wedging hand or for bridge walking. then agian you can do almost anything with tan sao. bong sao, fook sao and jut sao, For they are the main families of the wing chun blocks.

Ali Hamad Rahim.

detroitwingchun.com (http://detroitwingchun.com)

Hendrik
08-29-2004, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by Ali Hamad Rahim
I’m no expert but its sound like you guys hit it all on the nose. Also tan sao can take the place of a mon sao (asking hand), wedging hand or for bridge walking. then agian you can do almost anything with tan sao. bong sao, fook sao and jut sao, For they are the main families of the wing chun blocks.

Ali Hamad Rahim.

detroitwingchun.com (http://detroitwingchun.com)

IMHO,

I see it this way,

1, Tan Sau as what it is interm of technical mechenics, strength weakness, structure, and nature of characteristics.....etc

Similar if we learn about a person, male or female, height, capability......

2, Tan Sau as a tool in a Tactical or strategical or a concept.
Say the Concept of asking/probing/man
Here Tan Sau can be used as a Maan/Mon or asking of probing.

Similar if we place a person in a coorporate position.

So, there is no confuse about Maan Sau or the Person.
With the Job placement or the strategical position.

IE.

Maan is a concept. Bik or press is a concept. Phoong or seal off is a concept. Lan or obstruct/hinder is a concept.

But,
Maan Sau is a specific hand technics. Lan sau is a specific hand technics.

And,
Biu Jee often can use for Maan. Kick Can use for Maan. Tan Sau can use for Maan. ...

But, Biu Jee is not a Maan Sau as define in SLT. ...

In addition, Say a Hung Gar's Iron Wire set's Bik Kiu, the pressure arm bridge, that is a specific technics. The Hung Gar Yee Kuit -- Bik is a concept.

However, here to watch out, the are many different ways to "pressurize" even one is using the same word.

One "pressurize" might means using the Buldoze to press the heck out of the opponents. One "pressurize" might means pointing a rokect launcher to the opponents. One "pressurize" might means let a snake coilling up the opponents body..... One "pressurize" might means called up some one's mother in law :D, there are many many ways to generate pressure.

so, one has to identify the different characteristic of the art.

Cant just take, oh the have same name and obviously this is equal to that. Oh Hung gar did this kiu and Wing Chun is the same....

Why am I get this meticulous? because I think Wing Chun kuen dont want to end up with Every techincs is called Tan.

I hate to learn vocabrulary when I was a kid. But then in college I found out, it is better to know lots of words so that one can communicate in a precise manner. An effective art similar to Wing Chun needs to root on precise technics and precise technics has to have precision which means there is no blurry description of a technics.

sure, some might then disagree with me saying " dont you the one who talkes about Non-dual?" why this precision craps.

Say, while using a hand,
One has to know which side of the hand to be activate; and when using a hand, the other side of the hand goes with it. that is Non -dual. both side of the hand goes with it.

Non-Dual need a precise understanding about what is what? Sure, otherwise, which side of the hand one is using?

Non-dual is not sloppy. in contradiction, it is very precise.
can't get away to be slopy in the name of Zen. and Taan. It just doesnt make sense for an effective art like Wing Chun.

just some blue sky

AmanuJRY
08-30-2004, 07:08 AM
Hendrik,

I am compelled to say that that is your most clear and direct post to date, thank you.

Oh, and I agree with all of it.;)

Hendrik
08-30-2004, 09:37 AM
Hendrik,

I am compelled to say that that is your most clear and direct post to date, thank you.

Oh, and I agree with all of it.;)

You know, Direct is a sin alots of time. You see how people attacking me while I am just trying to say something is wrong technically.

So, one has to go to the old ancient stuff..... round and round before saying something.

Imagine,
if I said "xxx's Wing Chun Doesnt make sense because 1, 2, 3, 4,.....etc and it doesnt work. " lots of people will go to the roof.

compare with, "the ancestor, such as Leong Jan said, yyyy....
Yik Kam said, ',.....nnnnn'.... to hint. ( then, Ernie is not happy. :D)

So, either way is difficult.
World is gray.

Ernie
08-30-2004, 09:50 AM
( then, Ernie is not happy

hendrik
I dis agree bro,
if one really understands something and it works , then it will stand on it's own , it can be tested and it will be simple

It is sad to me when i see you sharing simple information yet clouding it in '' old dust ''

on the phone you told me it's up to the last generation to give it to the next generation ,

but then when you write you hide things twist things and create a long road for a short path

the new generation does not have the patience of the old generation , there minds are more educated they are used to quick information ,

so one must adapt , if one really cares about the next group

who cares who attacks you as long as what you say has been proven and tested by you and you know it works then let them talk .

people attack you now , nothing new

as for tan

in the begining [ death ] tan has 3 basic points and concepts
later [ life ] is is just an extension of a thought like anything else nothing fixed but part of a relationship and motion ;)

Matrix
08-30-2004, 09:56 AM
You see how people attacking me while I am just trying to say something is wrong technically. "To escape criticism - do nothing, say nothing, be nothing." -- Elbert Hubbard

"So long as men praise you, you can only be sure that you are not yet on your own true path, but one someone else's." -- Nietzsche

Matrix
08-30-2004, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by Ernie
the new generation does not have the patience of the old generation , there minds are more educated they are used to quick information ,

so one must adapt , if one really cares about the next group Ernie,
I not sure if I agree with this 100%. Sometimes the longest distance between two points is a short-cut. The old generation has it's ways and certainly should adapt to new ideas, but we must be selective. All new ideas are not true progress, just as all old ideas are not worth preserving. While clouding ideas "in old dust" may not be desirable, we cannot always learn the complete lesson from ideas that have been compressed or microwaved. The new generation may need to learn some patience if wants to get the full value of what the old generation has to offer. I think there is a middle road here.

Peace,
*Bill

Hendrik
08-30-2004, 10:09 AM
Ernie,

You have a great point.

Hendrik
08-30-2004, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by Matrix
All new ideas are not true progress, just as all old ideas are not worth preserving. While clouding ideas "in old dust" may not be desirable, we cannot always learn the complete lesson from ideas that have been compressed or microwaved. The new generation may need to learn some patience if wants to get the full value of what the old generation has to offer. I think there is a middle road here.

Peace,
*Bill

Bill,

Great point.

It takes me years and years to confirm.
Shen, Spirit, means Attention. not somthing un-understandable or Nature origin, or something spiritual. so, live is tough. :D

As For Tan san, there is a problem in some of the today's way of executing it versus the old teaching.

Tan Sau is not the hand technics which flip or push or disperse forward/outward from one's own centerline as some think. Tan Sau is mean for the hand technics with is on chest level high, dispersing others, and it doesnt travel forward but back ward, to lead others momentum to over shoot and dispersing/uproot itself off. it is a lead not an intercept or an force vesus force block. It is a very grace feminine (sp) way. Not Hung Gar's IROn kiu sau or other southern Shao lin Kiu Sao. it is full of feeling --- awareness. and leading.

Simple clear definition. Will anyone take it? :D

On the other hand,
it is perfectly fine for one doing what one is doing. Because, as I always mention, there is localization evolution involve since we are living.

Such as I heard some where. The term Kechuup now means the tomato source. Kechuup originally means chicken extract (sp) for seasoning.

Matrix
08-30-2004, 10:30 AM
Simple clear definition. Will anyone take it? :D
Hendrik,
Simple and clear definition, Yes.
I will take it, and also take some time to think about it. As you said, it can take time to confirm. We can take ideas and concepts at one level, but must internalize them at another in order to make them our own.

Thank you,
*Bill

Hendrik
08-30-2004, 10:41 AM
Hendrik,
Simple and clear definition, Yes.
I will take it, and also take some time to think about it. As you said, it can take time to confirm. We can take ideas and concepts at one level, but must internalize them at another in order to make them our own.

*Bill

Bill,

great points.

In old Wing Chun writing, it says "technics has to use Ying Yang". meaning the technics has to be in a resultant force equilibrium in todays language.

Why is this? because resultant force equilibrium balancing can produce a dynamic balancing platfrom which is adaptive instead of always has to go extreem, set and reset, then goes again..... etc. every movee is within an resultant force equilibrium. or one can call that Non-Dual state. there are six vectors components of this resultant force. --- Look at how satelite can spin out there without the root....

IE:

Say, some where some time, a Tan Dar. The Tan is "attrack backward", The Dar is "repeling forward."

Todays, some will do it as -- both Tan and Dar are pushing forward. When that happen, the body needs a bigger based or tensing up the based to creat an resultant force equilibrium.

Thus, if you take a look at the old Wing Chun, be it from YKS or Gulao or Yik Kam. or picture of GM Yip or Fung Family.... ect.
they do it in a small narrow stance. They can do that because every move is Ying Yang or in resultant force equilbrium, balance. little stress or stain to the vertical support such as the horse stance. That make them more mobility too.

when time passed, more and more of this Ying Yang resultant force equilibrium/balance were evolve to shift into placing Rooting or Grounding as the major core. instead of the old Ying Yang equilibrium.
When that happen, the stance get wider and the movement get slower... There, the connection of Southern Shao lin will be brought in. But then, is that still inherit the previous Localization Evolution WCK? perhaps no longer it is.

As for the Ying Yang resultant force equilibrium, one needs the Snake Body to be able to achive this resultand force equilibrium. Snake body is about awareness or sensing. in today's word in robotics, it is about have infinity degree of freedom. with the infinity degree of freedom, a pice of "steel strong rod" in function can transform into a pice of "soft silk" in fuction in a second....(just analogy)...

So, as Leong Jan said in his Kuen Kuit, No limit. That is no limit of Shape or transformation when one has that "infinity degree of freedom" capability. and ofcorse, that training has to start with Mind training of Awareness. Because it is beyong mechenical programing. Can one reach that far? dont know. But, the ancestors do have very solid philosophical vision and implementational ideas.....

Then, the question remain, why is it people shift from Ying Yang to rely on the rooting, grounding, wider horse stance? That is because it is very difficult to master the Ying Yang stuffs.

The key of the mastering is to be able let go the Mental thought process as we all use everyday when needed and capable to switch gear to rely on "sensing" awareness. Such training as the blind folded chi sau which by experiment of the old Zen master or our Wing Chun ancestors capable to lead into that " infinity degree of freedom resultant force equilibrium in Now and Here".

However, this "switching channel" stuffs is not obvious for most people. Because we as human in this era is train or educate to think in the school. we sheldom train to be in Now and Here, to proof nothing, to go no where, just sense and tell what is going on with our body and our environment.

Mental thought processing is great for analysing past events....etc. But Theory remain is the realm of Mental Thoughts.

Thus, you can see people who knows or having some real life fighting experience or natural born ability to fight is complaining why this much theory, the theory is BS....ect.

They are right, the theory is a product of the realm of mental thought process to analysis, to communicate. what is that theory got to do directly with real life fighting action? None, if one doesnt know how to "switch channel" and using the Live, Now, sensing Awareness for action.

As it said in the old time, SLT is easy to learn the shape and move, but difficult to master.

Can one switch Channel or types of conciousness similar to switch channel with our TV channels? In the past, they have no TV, So cant use the TV channels as analogy. In the past, they have no robot so can't use the robotic "infinity degree of freedom" to communicate. In the past they dont have Satelite, and dont see one spining. So they cant use the satelite analogy as for the Ying Yang equilbrium. So, even for some of the succesor or gate keeper or holder....etc if they dont have the vision of what you have, TV channel, robots arms, settelite spining. What they mostly inherit is some Chinese words and term God knows what is what?

So, today, the world is growing, we have much much more thing which can "illustrate" what is going on. instead of Pray to the Chinese Term such as the Neon God but have no idea what is what. But then, to experience what is what and saying it in todays language might not be a good idea. Because, when one doenst pray to that top secret chinese Term GOD, one lost one's dream or the promise of salvation. To awake might not be what every one (including me) wants. We love fantasy and dream and those promises of salvation for the future that never come isnt it?
behonest. hahaha

So, later, the art shift naturally to the rooting wider stance type because that is a faster way to get result and to be able to fight, even the bi-product is evolve the art.

just some blue sky, in case, for some next generation who is interesting in archeology wants to know how is things evolve. The above is a model based on my observation.

and obviously the theorician love to think the theory is ultimate, the fighter is just animal instinct nonsense. the fighter who has some experience will think they know it all, the theory is just garbage. The historian keeps tracking. The His-storian keeps making story. The archeologist keep digging.

Then, later everyone arguing from view of everyone.
What a wonderfull world, isnt it?

AmanuJRY
08-30-2004, 03:23 PM
Hendrik,

Thank you for that post I now can see 'you' in your posts and not just a chan puppet.

I agree to some extent your reasons for the mystery, but know this, your true opinion means the most to me, whether or not I fully agree is my issue. When you mask your meaning in the confusing and circular reasoning as before, I have difficulty in finding your meaning, for reasons of obscurity and poor grammer (no offence). When you are honest and direct it is easier to rule out the grammerical deficiencies.

I agree with Ernie in that one way or the other people may disagree with your theories, at least when you are direct we can eliminate the 'trolls' that obscure your meaning furthur.

Be as you will, though, I like you either way and I'll wade through the obscurity if I must.:D

Matrix
08-30-2004, 04:07 PM
However, this "switching channel" stuffs is not obvious for most people. Because we as human in this era is train or educate to think in the school. we sheldom train to be in Now and Here, to proof nothing, to go no where, just sense and tell what is going on with our body and our environment. Hendrik,

Maybe letting go of expectation and just being in the Here and Now is a training in itself. Whether we are discussing Wing Chun or anything else. Switching channels is a skill in itself.

As it said in the old time, SLT is easy to learn the shape and move, but difficult to master. Funny you should mention this. I was having the exact same thought in my mind earlier today. It's funny, and natural, that as beginners we may reach a stage where we declare that we have "learned SLT". :D Only to find out later that we have learned so very little of what is being offered.

So, today, the world is growing, we have much much more thing which can "illustrate" what is going on. Yes, there are more technologies that help us illustrate the concepts, but we must still have the intent to develop the skill ourselves. Examples can only take you so far.

We love fantasy and dream and those promises of salvation for the future that never come isnt it?
behonest. hahaha If we cannot dream, then life would be too boring. Faith is a strange thing. You must be willing to move in the direction, without a guarantee that it will work out exactly as we have envisioned it.

Then, later everyone arguing from view of everyone.
What a wonderfull world, isnt it? Would we have it any other way? I think we need good theory in concert with practical application. The mix varies from person to person, but anything done to an extreme (one or the other) may be less than desirable.

*Bill

Hendrik
08-30-2004, 05:08 PM
Justin,

Chan what?
I can never be a religious pupet. :D
I like to be free beyond thoughts. but then i still obey traffic signs. :D

Sometimes, I have to be very careful to what information I release too.

Because in the past, I have tracked people using my infor and making up HIs-story. and then, used against all ancestors from the Red Boat. making up sets....... all kinds of stuffs.

I have no problem or care at all if people learn the stuffs and forget about me. the information is belongs to the Wing Chun Ancestors, so wing chuner can have it for free.

But, when people stolen the infor, making up stories , and insulting the Wing Chun ancestors. That is where I dont like.

sometimes, I try to communicate about the phenomenon of the Switching channel. hope that everyone knows how to use thier wire remote by now. :D

Most of the time, I have to be able to qoute the ancient writting or document... otherwise, people might think I made it up.
It is not a pleasant things forsure to have to listern to the riddle. But those are the ancient stuffs. and hey, everything coin has two side.

Hendrik
08-30-2004, 05:12 PM
Bill,

Maybe letting go of expectation and just being in the Here and Now is a training in itself. Whether we are discussing Wing Chun or anything else. Switching channels is a skill in itself. --------

Yup. itself is a skill. the true paradigm shift based on this stuffs. otherwise, the listerning/awareness and the six direction resultant force doesnt has root or foundation. then, the issuing force/power will be just a mechenical brute force open loop process.

Funny you should mention this. I was having the exact same thought in my mind earlier today. It's funny, and natural, that as beginners we may reach a stage where we declare that we have "learned SLT". :D Only to find out later that we have learned so very little of what is being offered. -----

Same here, I track it for 30 years now and still find new stuffs.

Matrix
08-31-2004, 11:05 AM
Yup. itself is a skill. the true paradigm shift based on this stuffs. otherwise, the listerning/awareness and the six direction resultant force doesnt has root or foundation. then, the issuing force/power will be just a mechenical brute force open loop process. Hendrik,
What would you suggest as a way to develop/improve this skill?
*Bill

Hendrik
08-31-2004, 11:46 AM
Hendrik,
What would you suggest as a way to develop/improve this skill?
*Bill

Thus, I have heard,

According to Yik Kam's teaching of SLT,

1, train to let physical, breathing to settle /relax natually.

2, practice intentionly focus/Waching/observe without "thinking", let the conciousness/awareness expand by itself naturally( not by thinking) to all over the physical body. later the 6 direction force vectors and resultant force will be "feel" all over the body.

3, take times to let the practice soak/crystallized

4, expand the practice to Chi Sau.

5, expand the practice to sparing and daily life and become a second nature or nature to be able to switch channel.

It is a practice of goes "in" not about having lots of sets or SLT/SNT/Advance SLT........ etc. Develop the AWARENESS. It is very Buddhist way of training.

In order to practice the above, there are keys points of handling/mind/body. or what it is called Sum faat. Mind method.

One can write about the theories.... qoute lots of buddhist sutras. but if one doesnt get these keys. it is difficult to start the training effectively. as I have heard.

in additional,
Say, if some one has no experience on the State one "enter", there is no way one can describe what happen or how to "enter", even if one has some experience on the state, say has a glimps, but without crystalized the practice or the real kung fu. one is not be able to use it in real life.....

That is the reason how the art's depth lost in generation. at the end, it will be left with lots of legend and stories....etc
and it default into become a machenical programing, that get result fast rely one physical fitness.

just relaying some what I have heard.

PaulH
08-31-2004, 12:06 PM
Hendrik,

Just want to say that I'm delighted that you provide a very good philosophical and conceptual framework for my power breaking study. Balance is beautiful, Yes? =)

Hendrik
08-31-2004, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by PaulH
Balance is beautiful, Yes? =)

I am trying to find out my new Digital comcast line has how many channels to switch . :D

Ernie
08-31-2004, 12:44 PM
I am trying to find out my new Digital comcast line has how many channels to switch . :D

your doing great hendrik , i find myself reading your post once again after many months of just passing them by

Hendrik
08-31-2004, 01:11 PM
speaking about Tan Sau.

That will relate to the so-called Sam Pai-Fut section of the SLT.

Say Fok Sau, Fok Sau means subdue hand.

Fok sau and Tan Sau are a couple.
One with palm facing the sky, one with palm facing the earth.

So, that palm facing oneself and forward pushing outward is not Fok Sau?
So what is the name of that technics? what is it train? what is it for?

Since decades ago Tan sau and Fok sau, seems to take on other localization evolve to become a common name for lots of different technics.

One obviously can look at Tan or Fok as a major core hand, and then based on them the other technics become a "change" or "special case of them" .

The great thing on this is localization evolution is , the art evolve this way becomes more easy to learn due to simplified of terminology. the down side effect is the precisioness suffer and after awhile, things get real slopy into over simplify if not clearly define the change.

Thus, today, everyone might have thier own definition of what is Tan Sau.

Ernie
08-31-2004, 01:26 PM
Hendrik,
The truth will always shine in application just like necessity gave birth to the *concepts* of tan and fook in the first place, application will justify there worth, you can say and make up anything, but under pressure you will see if it works, and that pressure will not be honest if it is only in house,
I agree with you people like to freeze frame and give titles to things, this kills it’s life
Like turning a Man into a Mannequin

Hendrik
08-31-2004, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Ernie
i find myself reading your post once again after many months of just passing them by

It is just a comcast line. you might love certain channel and dont like certian. :D

That is natural. Switch Channel. :D