PDA

View Full Version : What is Wing Chun's most destructive strike?

Hendrik
08-28-2004, 11:26 AM
What is Wing Chun's most destructive strike?

kj
08-28-2004, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Hendrik

The one that penetrates.

Regards,
- kj

Ali Hamad Rahim
08-28-2004, 12:09 PM
Always remember this. The palm vibrates and the fist shatters. The palm penetrates easily in to the target, very deep. While the fist crashes into the target’s suffices.

Ali Hamad Rahim.

detroitwingchun.com (http://detroitwingchun.com)

Hendrik
08-28-2004, 01:26 PM
Love destroy hate.
melt everything.... :D

Ali Hamad Rahim
08-28-2004, 01:37 PM
Hey I have start too using word, for some reason I can’t edit my post, I guess I’m Being spanked for being a bad boy. The word I was trying to say is surface.

Ali.

AmanuJRY
08-28-2004, 01:52 PM
Kap Jarn to the back of the head.:D

How many threads will you start this weekend, Hendrik???:D

Hendrik
08-28-2004, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Ali Hamad Rahim
Hey I have start too using word, for some reason I can’t edit my post, I guess I’m Being spanked for being a bad boy. The word I was trying to say is surface.

Ali.

You are doing great! Try the edit to edit your post. it should work

Hendrik
08-28-2004, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by AmanuJRY
Kap Jarn to the back of the head.:D

How many threads will you start this weekend, Hendrik???:D

only a little few :D

azwingchun
08-28-2004, 02:10 PM
You are doing great! Try the edit to edit your post. it should work

Am I on the right forum.....the old KFO Forum?!?!?? People are somewhat being civil to each other, people are complimenting each other....wow!!!! This is the second compliment I have seen on the forum today!

Not trying to be a smart arse......just an observation. Maybe it's just me?!?!? Or maybe it's just the few threads I have read today?!?!?!

:)

Hendrik
08-28-2004, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by azwingchun
Am I on the right forum.....the old KFO Forum?!?!?? People are somewhat being civil to each other, people are complimenting each other....wow!!!! This is the second compliment I have seen on the forum today!

Not trying to be a smart arse......just an observation. Maybe it's just me?!?!? Or maybe it's just the few threads I have read today?!?!?!

old KFO?

The most destructive strike of Wing Chun is love. What do you expect?

azwingchun
08-28-2004, 02:19 PM
Old, being....people arguing, not getting along. This was my attempt to be sarcastic......I guess it didn't work?!?! :(

Hendrik
08-28-2004, 02:25 PM
Old, being....people arguing, not getting along. This was my attempt to be sarcastic......I guess it didn't work?!?! :(

AHHH.

Ok, then change it to become a loving kindness one!
why not! not fighting Qing Now.

Shawn LaShay
08-28-2004, 02:28 PM
Hi Guys,
Hows about Pak Ghyuk?
Shawn

AmanuJRY
08-28-2004, 02:40 PM

since they deleted the 'chest thumping' thread there has been a relief from negetivity.

Ali Hamad Rahim
08-28-2004, 02:44 PM
The palm always hits the hard parts of the body, while the fist always hits the soft parts of the body.

Ali Hamad Rahim.

detroitwingchun.com (http://detroitwingchun.com)

azwingchun
08-28-2004, 02:48 PM
Chest thumping?!?!?!?!? I must have missed that one.

AmanuJRY
08-28-2004, 02:52 PM
Chest thumping?!?!?!?!? I must have missed that one.

You must have missed the latest installment of 'who can beat up who' on a thread that has mysteriously vanished friday.

azwingchun
08-28-2004, 03:00 PM
Oh my goodness.....glad I missed that one. LOL!!!! I have some very strong feelings on this subject......but I tend to keep them to myself. ;)

AmanuJRY
08-28-2004, 03:06 PM
It is usually unproductive to pursue those topics on a forum. I am curious though, as I don't know what was said or what happened that prompted the mods/admin to delete the thread.

kj
08-28-2004, 03:12 PM
Love destroy hate.
melt everything.... :D

Touché. :)
- kj

azwingchun
08-28-2004, 03:13 PM
Unproductive......I completely agree with you my friend!

As far as why something is closed or deleted, well....this is the great mystery of the MODS. :D I have seen them do close and delete threads and had no clue why........then I have seen some that should have been closed much sooner than they had been. But I am not a MOD and do not make these decisions, and am sure they have their reasons. :)

Gangsterfist
08-28-2004, 03:36 PM

The one you can actually land in a real fight

The one in theory is the least destructive

Hendrik
08-28-2004, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Gangsterfist
The one you can actually land in a real fight

The one in theory is the least destructive

What is your actually land in real fight most destructive strike then?

AmanuJRY
08-28-2004, 04:50 PM
How about the one connected to the ground?

Hendrik
08-28-2004, 05:02 PM
How about the one connected to the ground?

IT doesnt have to.

Thus, I have heard ( HEARD)

Wing Chun has some strike which can break Qigong or Iron Shirt or Iron Body. It can penetrate 5 inch of solid muscles.

According to legend, disregard of how thick one's muscle, the striking of the surface will cause bust on the back....

Then, somehow, those strikes and the THEORY of it vanished in the thin air for past 70 years.

I think the story of GM Yip with the Lady Qigong master is real. And, there is much involve in the process of strike Yip Man did then the illustration.

It will be great even if I can have a chance to just know the theory behind the strike.

Hendrik
08-28-2004, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by kj
Touch? :)
- kj

You mean Hari Chrisna in the 60's? :D

kj
08-28-2004, 05:23 PM
That was supposed to read touche(with ') not touch (with ?). Even the computers are making jokes. ;)

Regards,
- kj

Matrix
08-29-2004, 06:33 AM
The one you can actually land in a real fight Gangsterfist,

I was thinking the exact same thing.......... I just didn't want to be a smart@ss. Thanks for doing it. :D
*Bill

Hendrik
08-29-2004, 10:37 AM
The name of a very destructive strike ----- Buddha praying hand.

Believe it or not. :D

Gangsterfist
08-29-2004, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by Matrix
Gangsterfist,

I was thinking the exact same thing.......... I just didn't want to be a smart@ss. Thanks for doing it. :D
*Bill

Bill

heh, np to be even more true not only does the strike have to land it has to effect me as well. When people take pot shots at me while chi saoing is funny. Most of the strikes do not effect me in anyway and they are usually uncontrolled strikes. When people start thinking chi sao is a competition they get this way. Usually its found in the younger students, but occasionaly you will find seniors doing it too.

Matrix
08-29-2004, 01:26 PM
heh, np to be even more true not only does the strike have to land it has to effect me as well. Gangsterfist,
Very true. Been there, done that. We're not playing tag.

*Bill

russellsherry
08-29-2004, 04:38 PM
hi guys, i aggree with ali on this in some cases, palm strikes are more practical , than punching, depending on the situatuion of course, palm hurt ribs punchs break noses and jaws although
, the wing chun uppercut not often used is good to suprise people whom are used to the straight punches . peace russellsherry

anerlich
08-29-2004, 06:15 PM
Elbow.

Or chest thumping :)

Hendrik
08-29-2004, 07:15 PM
It is usually unproductive to pursue those topics on a forum. I am curious though, as I don't know what was said or what happened that prompted the mods/admin to delete the thread.

Hi guys,

Since today's world is a world of ethernet, since we hang around in this place, since we spend time in this place.

I was thinking why dont we make it a great place. So we learn something and understand others while everytime we are here.

I believe that is a reachable goal if most of us buy into making Here a great place to communicate, to get connect, to learn...
and Now a pleasant moment to always learn.

just some thought

Matrix
08-29-2004, 07:44 PM
I believe that is a reachable goal if most of us buy into making Here a great place to communicate, to get connect, to learn...
and Now a pleasant moment to always learn. Hendrik,

Good thought. :)

*Bill

Wingman
08-29-2004, 11:16 PM
Wing Chun has many destructive strikes. Punches, palm strikes, elbows, kicks, etc. just to name a few. But the most destructive strike is the strike which your opponent is totally unable to defend. For example, you have trapped the opponent's 2 hands with your 1 hand. Your free hand is free to strike him at will. This IMHO, is the most destructive strike because the opponent knows he has lost even before he is actually hit by your strike.

Train
08-29-2004, 11:56 PM
Saat Gang Sau! That's pretty painful :)

Peace!

Matrix
08-30-2004, 06:58 AM
You gotta like a guy who puts "painful" and a smiley in the same sentence. :D

Gangsterfist
08-30-2004, 03:44 PM
Anyone ever here the kuit, that in wing chun:

The second hand is the killing hand?

KenWingJitsu
08-30-2004, 06:36 PM

I thought this was obvious..the "keyboard warrior" strike....

Matrix
08-30-2004, 08:02 PM
"Delete":rolleyes:

PaulH
08-30-2004, 11:01 PM
What is WC's most destructive strike?

I would go for a beautiful woman's smile! It can destroy both body and soul... =)

Hendrik
08-30-2004, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by PaulH
What is WC's most destructive strike?

I would go for a beautiful woman's smile! It can destroy both body and soul... =)

what is your wife's most destructive strike? :D

PaulH
08-31-2004, 08:29 AM
I believe that when she man sau for the ring and thus seal my fate with the mantra: "I do". I'm not married yet! =)

Hendrik
08-31-2004, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by PaulH
I believe that when she man sau for the ring and thus seal my fate with the mantra: "I do". I'm not married yet! =)

I heard Leong Jan's wife most destructive strike is a hot iron (for ironing dress) on his back while he sneak back into the house after dating that lady with a lovely smile. :D

PaulH
08-31-2004, 09:49 AM
I wonder if he managed to survive after that po pai done by the scorned woman. Too bad we will never know for sure what herbal formula he used to save his life...

_William_
08-31-2004, 04:01 PM
Definitely the elbows.

I have a classmate who can really whip those elbows in forcefully and quickly.