PDA

View Full Version : 2 videos from Wong and Capital Classics

LarryD
08-28-2004, 05:56 PM
Here are 2 videos of me doing 3 secton staff.
Larry 3 section staff US Capital Classics 4.66MB (http://www.tiendaowushu.com/movies/larrycapitalclassics.mpg)
Larry 3 section staff Wong Tournament 2004 6MB (http://www.tiendaowushu.com/movies/larryWong2004.mpg)

ShaolinTiger00
08-28-2004, 08:36 PM
nice.

Serpent
08-28-2004, 09:11 PM
Great staff control - good work, Larry. If I had any criticism, it would be that your footwork looked a little too "light". Would be good to see your horse more grounded/rooted while you work the staff as well as you do.

cerebus
08-28-2004, 09:18 PM
Sweet! Yeah that's a difficult weapon to learn unless you're willing to put up with all the bumps & bruises it requires.:D

Good job.

LarryD
08-29-2004, 06:21 AM
Originally posted by Serpent
Great staff control - good work, Larry. If I had any criticism, it would be that your footwork looked a little too "light". Would be good to see your horse more grounded/rooted while you work the staff as well as you do.
Serpent,
Your right on all points. That's what I notice when I watch my forms. We don't have the benifit of mirrors in our school. I only get to see how my stances look when someone tapes my form.
My mind is on the stick and not my body. That was good in the beginning to keep the self-mutilation down to a minimum. As you point out I now need to work on my foot work and stances.
Thanks

Serpent
08-29-2004, 05:34 PM
Good stuff, Larry. You've certainly worked well with the staff. I remember practicing Sam ji gwan in full sparring gear, headguard and all, to prevent too many injuries! ;)

Shaolinlueb
08-29-2004, 06:28 PM
oh man, i am getting lazy with the video stuff LOL

Shaolinlueb
08-29-2004, 07:38 PM
just watched the videos larry. good stuff man.

in the 2nd video, im the guy standing in the corner of the ring to the right with the white shirt and black pants on ;)

LarryD
08-30-2004, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by Shaolinlueb

in the 2nd video, im the guy standing in the corner of the ring to the right with the white shirt and black pants on ;)

Cool Shaolinlueb, Sorry we didn't get your form. It looks like you were just entering the ring when the clip ends. I'll have to look over our video to see if we have you somewhere else on the tape. The second video is poor quality cause I captured the video from a VHS tape, where the 1st was captured off DV.