PDA

View Full Version : Which strike of Wing Chun can have the same power

Hendrik
08-29-2004, 09:01 AM
Which strike of Wing Chun can have the same power deliver as a solid round horse kick?

and how to do it?

whatthe?
08-31-2004, 11:59 PM
Pie Jang to the sternum? - moving from the dan tien, not forced localised muscle

stuartm
09-01-2004, 01:34 AM
Pie Jarn is areally solid and dangerous strike - I was training with one of my private students the other week and he hit me (accidentally - lack of control) full force with a pie jarn clean on the chin:eek:

Luckily it hit me square on the chin, my jaw was shut tight and rolled with it slightly - otherwise would have been well nasty !!!!

Cant see how you can compare with a roundhouse kick though?

Stu

Kevin Bell
09-01-2004, 03:43 AM
Hey Hendrik,

I think the thing is mate is that some people have got exceptionally high pain thresholds and can take a ****e load of punishment.Check the unlicensed boxing fight between Roy Shaw and Lenny Maclean,Roy Shaw took about sixteen full on punches without going down.So is the most powerful the most effective???

Nutting someone in the face(pure wing chun)and busting there nose is **** effective,blinds the aggressor with tears to the eyes whilst you either finish him big time or make like a tree and leave.Probabley unlikely to put him down it must be said..

Alternatively smashing someone with a good old fashioned right cross on the jaw between the ear and point of the chin is good,Lower down the jawline the better more likely to induce knockout.Though this is slightly contradictory if built like a tank (Roy Shaw Lenny Maclean).

But then you should ask yourself are you target hardened,attackers want a victim NOT someone who looks like they can take care of themselves(art of fighting without fighting perhaps)..:D :D

PaulH
09-01-2004, 09:48 AM
My guess would be the straight/uppercut-like punch. It is powered mainly by the forward rotation of the hip, but really is supported by the whole body. Please don't ask me how. Just do it. =)

Ernie
09-01-2004, 10:46 AM
this is easy it's the [ shankla ] nothing is more powerful
it has direct line and rotational energy

AndrewS
09-01-2004, 11:16 AM
None will be the same. Only a roundhouse lands like a roundhouse. Don't take one thing for another.

Andrew

AndrewS
09-01-2004, 11:17 AM
If you wanna talk about what hits harder, get the long pole.

Andrew