PDA

View Full Version : To all Sydney KFOers

joedoe
08-29-2004, 09:50 PM
We are organising a bit of a get together this weekend in honour of one of our UK brothers visiting. If anyone in Sydney wants to join in, call out and I will let you know what the details are once we get our act together. We are shooting for a lunch get together on either day.

Serpent
08-29-2004, 11:09 PM
Hey, is Dezhen dropping by again!?

Let me know the details if you can. Saturday I'm pretty flat out, but might manage a Sunday lunch-ish time. (Email me if you want to keep it off the boards, joedoe.)

Oh, and while you're here, will you let blooming lotus know that I'm not a chick. ;)

joedoe
08-29-2004, 11:16 PM
Yes, Dez is in town again. He got in last Friday. I will let you know what the details are as soon as we have it sorted out, but Sunday lunch is a possibility. Failing that, there will probably be another one the weekend after since there is another visitor turning up as well.

As for BL, I could tell her but I am not sure she would believe me. ;)

Serpent
08-29-2004, 11:29 PM
True enough. As with everything else, she's already decided that she knows, despite all evidence to the contrary.

Who's coming in next weekend?

joedoe
08-30-2004, 04:18 PM
A dude from Perth that Linda & them know. I have met him twice - really nice guy. Hsing Yi practitioner.

Ka
08-30-2004, 04:31 PM
Hey
I'm interested but can't do Lunch(Work) if you could pm the times and place I may be able get there late.

joedoe
08-30-2004, 04:48 PM
I will let you know as soon as we have some details worked out.

Oso
08-31-2004, 04:27 PM
tell Dez, I said Hello and he needs to stop living a real life and hang out here some more.

I'd be there for dinner, but, you know, it's like a 16 hour flight.

rubthebuddha
08-31-2004, 04:30 PM
oso, if you're complaining primarily about the duration of the flight you're clearly making way too much money. :p

Oso
08-31-2004, 04:34 PM
HA ! not likely

on top of my day job...and 3 nights of teaching...I've been painting a house for the last 2 months just so I'd have enough money to go to Tampa for the whole week of Master Shr's visit.

joedoe
08-31-2004, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by Oso
tell Dez, I said Hello and he needs to stop living a real life and hang out here some more.

I'd be there for dinner, but, you know, it's like a 16 hour flight.

Actually, from North Carolina you would be travelling for nearly 24 hours by the time you hit Sydney :D

Oso
08-31-2004, 04:43 PM
does it really make a difference after the 12th hour or so?

but seriously, tell him 'hi' for me

joedoe
08-31-2004, 04:53 PM
To be honest, no. You do get kinda frustrated with it all after about 16 hours, but by then you are usually on the ground in LA (if you are coming from Sydney) or on your connecting flight.

I will pass on your regards to him. :)

Oso
08-31-2004, 05:03 PM
lol, considering I've flown 5 times ever, the longest of which was just 5 hours...BRING ON THE GIN !!!!

one day soon I have to make the trip to Taiwan and that's going to be like 14 hours.

thanks for relaying the message.

joedoe
08-31-2004, 05:07 PM
Well, IME alcohol on a flight does not make it better. My advice is to invest in a good pair of noise cancelling headphones and get as much sleep as you can :)

Oso
08-31-2004, 05:10 PM
I agree, tried to go that route last thanksgiving but was so nervous I burned the alcohol right up...and I hate wasting alcohol.

someone recently recommended xanex, which seems a bit extreme but I definitely have some issues with flying. so.....

Mr Punch
08-31-2004, 06:22 PM
Yeah, that Dez is a nice geezer. Except the fact that he's reminded us that some people to actually grow up and stop posting on ******* boards! :D

We need more Moslems on the board too to keep it balanced (not that that's my primary frame of reference for him - we need more nice geezers to keep it balanced too!!! :D ).

BTW, usually, when I'm doing Japan to UK or somewhere (about 12 hours) I feel chipper on one or two glasses of red wine and every other fluid (non-alkwol) I can get my hands on. That's for someone with a gargantuan appetetite for alkwol. Any more than that makes me feel grimmer. Read somewhere that booze in moderation is good for you on flights... can't remember why.

Keep meaning to go to Oz, to look up my friend in Adelaide. Do they have MA in Adelaide or is it all just frustrated artists boxing kangaroos for a living?

joedoe
08-31-2004, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by Mat
Yeah, that Dez is a nice geezer. Except the fact that he's reminded us that some people to actually grow up and stop posting on ******* boards! :D

We need more Moslems on the board too to keep it balanced (not that that's my primary frame of reference for him - we need more nice geezers to keep it balanced too!!! :D ).

BTW, usually, when I'm doing Japan to UK or somewhere (about 12 hours) I feel chipper on one or two glasses of red wine and every other fluid (non-alkwol) I can get my hands on. That's for someone with a gargantuan appetetite for alkwol. Any more than that makes me feel grimmer. Read somewhere that booze in moderation is good for you on flights... can't remember why.

Keep meaning to go to Oz, to look up my friend in Adelaide. Do they have MA in Adelaide or is it all just frustrated artists boxing kangaroos for a living?

I generally find the danger of dehydrating on a long flight is not worth it so I skip the alcohol (I suffer from gout).

If you head down this way give us a yell and we can catch up.

And no, there is nothing in Adelaide other than one frustrated artist who molests the kangaroos :D

Serpent
08-31-2004, 06:48 PM
One drink, like red wine, is good for a flight as it has a mildly blood thinning effect which helps you feel better about the pressure changes. Otherwise, dehydration sucks. I'll usually take one drink (alcoholic) at the start of the flight and then just drink juice and water. Also, the more you drink, the more you need to pee. The more you need to pee, the more often you have to walk up and down the aisle. The more you walk about on the flight, the less f#cked you feel at the end of it all.

I get funny looks doing yoga and qigong in airport lounges on layovers too, but I always look good at the end of a long haul, compared to all the other passengers.

I've travelled long haul heaps of times - you learn good methods to deal with it.

joedoe
09-01-2004, 04:04 PM
Hopefully should have more details of the meet up later today. Watch this spot :)

joedoe
09-02-2004, 06:40 PM
Sorry for the late notice guys, but it has been postponed until next weekend (11/12 Sept) as we couldn't get our act together. I will keep you posted through next week.

rubthebuddha
09-02-2004, 10:44 PM
slackers. :mad:

joedoe
09-02-2004, 11:18 PM
I wash my hands of all responsibility. I was pushing to organise it for this weekend but we just couldn't pull it together for various reasons :)

Serpent
09-03-2004, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by rubthebuddha
slackers. :mad:
When are you coming to meet us?

Huh?

Slacker!

rubthebuddha
09-03-2004, 12:30 AM
When are you coming to meet us? why the **** would i want to do that? if i wanted to catch a whiff of unwashed peasantry, i'd move to texas.

oh, wait. :D

Serpent
09-03-2004, 12:39 AM
We have vegemite....

blooming lotus
09-03-2004, 09:04 PM
Yas , but Mrs. buddh-to-be we dont ;) :eek: :D :D

joedoe
09-05-2004, 11:20 PM
ttt

blooming lotus
09-06-2004, 02:12 AM
what???!! He's still welcome!! Maybe he'll even bring the buddhess :cool:

Ps: if all goes well, may see you there soon myself :eek: :eek: :p :)

blooming lotus
09-06-2004, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by Serpent
One drink, like red wine, is good for a flight as it has a mildly blood thinning effect which helps you feel better about the pressure changes. Otherwise, dehydration sucks. I'll usually take one drink (alcoholic) at the start of the flight

don't look now, but I think that was alcohol consumption advocation at its' best. :eek: :rolleyes:

triskellin
09-06-2004, 02:32 AM
hi joedoe,

i'm without a comp for awhile as I managed to stuff mine up over the weekend, but we're planning a bbq this saturday 11th. location is either going to be at az' place out in penrith, or a middle ground like bicentennial gardens or something, depending on who comes. this is set for the day/arvo. anyone who can make it, feel free to come along. this is happening with or without dez as we've got a hsing i friend coming out from perth. we're all going to be training at my gwoon on sunday too, so if anyone could be bothered to come out to cabra for yum cha and maybe some more training afterwards, feel free to come along to that as well. i'll try to log on during the week to keep u all updated.

Linda

Serpent
09-06-2004, 06:46 AM
Originally posted by blooming lotus
don't look now, but I think that was alcohol consumption advocation at its' best. :eek: :rolleyes:
You keep on scratching around for validation, bl - you never know what you might turn up. I never suggested that there wasn't some benefit to moderate alcohol intake.

By the way, do you have any idea what ttt means on a discussion forum?

Serpent
09-06-2004, 06:48 AM
Originally posted by triskellin
hi joedoe,

i'm without a comp for awhile as I managed to stuff mine up over the weekend, but we're planning a bbq this saturday 11th. location is either going to be at az' place out in penrith, or a middle ground like bicentennial gardens or something, depending on who comes. this is set for the day/arvo. anyone who can make it, feel free to come along. this is happening with or without dez as we've got a hsing i friend coming out from perth. we're all going to be training at my gwoon on sunday too, so if anyone could be bothered to come out to cabra for yum cha and maybe some more training afterwards, feel free to come along to that as well. i'll try to log on during the week to keep u all updated.

Linda
Hey triskellin, long time! Surely you're not really planning a meet out at Penrith?! I'll need to get vaccinations and everything! ;)

Where's bicentennial gardens?

joedoe
09-06-2004, 04:04 PM
Hey triskellin, long time! Surely you're not really planning a meet out at Penrith?! I'll need to get vaccinations and everything! ;)

Where's bicentennial gardens?

LOL @ vaccinations :D

Bicentennial gardens are in Homebush, next to Olympic Park.

Serpent
09-06-2004, 05:44 PM
Oh yeah, of course. Don't want to make the meet Thrusday arvo, do you? I'll be there anyway then! ;)

joedoe
09-06-2004, 10:41 PM
Details: Saturday Sept 11, 1pm in Bicentennial Park. BYO BBQ or picnic (picnic is safer in case we can't get a BBQ). PM me if you are interested and we will coordinate by mobile phone.

Alternate arrangement in case of rain will probably be a cheap restaurant somewhere :)

joedoe
09-08-2004, 04:03 PM
ttt

blooming lotus
09-08-2004, 05:58 PM
what does that mean anyway???

blooming lotus
09-08-2004, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by joedoe
We are organising a bit of a get together this weekend in honour of one of our UK brothers visiting. If anyone in Sydney wants to join in, call out and I will let you know what the details are once we get our act together. We are shooting for a lunch get together on either day.

Jo: can you tell us what his field and experience is??

( being I may be in town afterall :) )

joedoe
09-08-2004, 06:12 PM
Jo: can you tell us what his field and experience is??

( being I may be in town afterall :) )

His tag on KFO is Dezhen2001. He studies Wing Chun, boxing and wild goose qigong (I think that is right). He is a very knowledgeable and humble guy.

If you happen to be in town this Saturday then come along. If you really are interested, then PM me and I will give you contact details.

BTW 'ttt' is a shorthand way to bump a thread to the top of the list.

Serpent
09-08-2004, 06:26 PM
what does that mean anyway???
I knew you didn't know what that meant!

To The Top.

;)

joedoe - can you email or pm me a contact mobile number as I have to work some of Saturday. I'll get across there if I can, but I'll call first to check what's happening. Can I use your number (will you definitely be there?)

Cheers

joedoe
09-08-2004, 07:01 PM
I knew you didn't know what that meant!

To The Top.

;)

joedoe - can you email or pm me a contact mobile number as I have to work some of Saturday. I'll get across there if I can, but I'll call first to check what's happening. Can I use your number (will you definitely be there?)

Cheers

Serp, yes I managed to get a day pass from the Boss and I will be attending. My mobile number hasn't changed.

Toby
09-08-2004, 07:23 PM
Lol @ Eyebrows crashing the party :D.

Serpent
09-08-2004, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by Toby
Lol @ Eyebrows crashing the party :D.
Yeah. She'll probably try to tell us how we should be bbq'ing with plastic grills because she's logicised that they would be better for browning carrots or something.

joedoe - Cool bananas. If I finish up work in time I'll give you a shout to see what's what. (The Boss. Heh! ;) )

triskellin
09-08-2004, 10:28 PM
hi serpent,

how's things? hope u make an appearance on sat, as i've been talking up ur awesome skills to my mates, hehe. don't let me down!! :p yup, so 1pm bicentennial park, homebush this sat 11th. be there ppl! it should go well into the arvo, so plenty of time to get there after work.

we're also having a session all day monday in chinatown. hoping to book matt space at jin wu koon, but that's not confirmed yet. either way, we'll find a place to train in the city somewhere, so anyone who's inclined to come along to that, feel free. the more the merrier :)

Serpent
09-08-2004, 11:01 PM
hi serpent,

how's things? hope u make an appearance on sat, as i've been talking up ur awesome skills to my mates, hehe. don't let me down!! :p yup, so 1pm bicentennial park, homebush this sat 11th. be there ppl! it should go well into the arvo, so plenty of time to get there after work.

we're also having a session all day monday in chinatown. hoping to book matt space at jin wu koon, but that's not confirmed yet. either way, we'll find a place to train in the city somewhere, so anyone who's inclined to come along to that, feel free. the more the merrier :)
*blush* I think you're easily impressed! ;) I'll do my best to get along there.

All day Monday? Don't you people work for a living?! What times are you doing things Monday? That's one of my busiest days (typical!) but I have some gaps and as it's close I might be able to drop in. pm me with details if you like.

Serpent
09-09-2004, 12:35 AM
BTW, who is coming? Do we have a list of confirmed and potential people for Saturday?

joedoe
09-09-2004, 04:21 PM
As far as I know:

Triskelling & her boyfriend
Az
Dez
Alan (from Perth)
Me

Possibles:
friday
Serpent
Some of my training partners

Serpent
09-09-2004, 06:13 PM
And don't forget blooming lotus! :eek: ;)

joedoe
09-09-2004, 06:42 PM
Well, she hasn't contacted me so I can only assume she is not interested in attending.

Just a warning to anyone who wants to come and hasn't contacted me yet - I will not be on the board after 5pm Australian Eastern Standard time today so get in touch with me via PM or otherwise before then. :)

Serpent
09-10-2004, 12:44 AM
Well, she hasn't contacted me so I can only assume she is not interested in attending.

Just a warning to anyone who wants to come and hasn't contacted me yet - I will not be on the board after 5pm Australian Eastern Standard time today so get in touch with me via PM or otherwise before then. :)
Or you can ring his mobile, which is:

1800 PIE EATER

;)

Azrael
09-10-2004, 05:13 AM
Or you can ring his mobile, which is:

1800 PIE EATER

Hahahaha.

Btw, did anybody let Jon know about this meet?

blooming lotus
09-11-2004, 01:07 AM
And don't forget blooming lotus! :eek: ;)

kinda stranded in nowheresville without a visa for exit...may end up dying here :rolleyes: , but no prospects to be granted leave from the country ( like extradition isn't looking attractive if it existed here !!!) ........ several Aust $000 late and funds getting shorter daily.....

did I mention how I hate it here??!!!

regardless,

have fun and a beer for the lotus ha

unfortunately won't make it :) ;)

Serpent
09-11-2004, 02:42 AM
Originally posted by Azrael
Btw, did anybody let Jon know about this meet?
Somebody must have, cos he was there! ;)

Good to see you guys. Sorry I was sick and not very active. Next time, eh?

bl - what's the deal with an exit visa? Why can't you just leave? What criteria is an exit visa granted on?

Toby
09-11-2004, 06:23 AM
Maybe she saw that new Tom Hanks flick and got it confused with her reality.

Kaitain(UK)
09-11-2004, 06:31 AM
The China visa authorities overseas include China embassies, consulates, visa offices, and the consular department of the office of the Commissioner of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of China. If a foreigner intends to enter into, exit from or transit through the China territory, he shall apply to the above-mentioned China visa authorities for a China visa. For further information, please consult the nearest China visa authorities.

Searched for "exit visa" on yahoo. Tons of information readily available to people who can be bothered to find out how they enter and leave a country.

So it's common knowledge - slight dramatisation to say she's trapped there or that they won't grant her leave. Applying in advance usually resolves these matters.

blooming lotus
09-11-2004, 06:11 PM
it's not quite that simple and searching myself.....in fact opening window in just a mo....

Be warned anyone comming to teach here!!! Long story short, you sign a contract for however long with varioous conditions and agreements pre-arrival at your school/uni/company whatever. It seems to be well considered and literated, then you arrive ( with school providing "foreign expert " card and respective visa invite etc). Once you kick in to the contract ( and 4 - 8 weeks is usually ample to get a good idea of how forthcomming they plan to be) you meet everything from salaries not being paid to total lack of every facility you can imagine from hygiene to food to IT. Ran into several of these at the one stop (a Zhengzhou high school / post grad english programme) and wasn't happy so called the embassy. They told me "recover" my passport however I could and split............ so I did, took a new contract at a school who were working with the education board so thought visa paperwork unneccessary, thought "sc*w it, going home" but got to customs and was told I couldn't leave, would have to apply for a new visa, but would have to pay y500 per day for everyday since I left Zhengzhou way back in june. Don't really have that kind of $$ handy ( 20 - 30 - ?? 000 yuan) and kind of toey about fronting because I don't know the penalty laws for non - payment.

I've half decided to front up and come clean regardless of all the local advice I've had emphatically telling me "DON'T DO IT!!!", but it's that or staying on as an illegal alien. I can't dig hiding and looking over my shoulder, so facing the music.

Be affraid!! Be VERY affraid!! :rolleyes:

blooming lotus
09-11-2004, 06:28 PM
okay....

hate to break it to you Serpie, but I may see you afterall :eek: :D

apparently fines cannot exceed y5000 for overstaying ( maybe Aust$ 850 ish) and failing that 3-10 days as guest of the chairman with meals, activities and service provided free of charge( detention)

. Either way, I can deal with that!! Guess Emei shan'll have to wait ha ;) :) :D

Serpent
09-11-2004, 06:39 PM
Well, you're too late for last Saturday already! Good luck getting out - be sure to let us know where you plan to take your self next. Maybe we can get advanced warning to them! ;)

blooming lotus
09-11-2004, 06:56 PM
:D :cool:

joedoe
09-12-2004, 04:11 PM
It was a good afternoon. I got there kinda late but it looked like the rest of the crowd were having fun. Did some push/sticky hands with Jon ... am still amazed at his ability to absorb ... and watched some of the other guys there muck around with some ground work. Watched a pretty cool arm bar, but other than that most of it ended in a draw.

Unfortunately Dez couldn't make it because he had some important business to attend to, but since he is here for a few weeks I am sure we will have the opportunity to hook up with him again some other time.

Serpent turned up late as well, and briefly got to catch up with him. Shame he wasn't well because it would have been interesting working out with him a bit.

All in all it was a pretty casual afternoon. Hopefully we will have another get together pretty soon.

jon
09-12-2004, 08:40 PM
Hi all,
Just wanted to say it was really nice seeing everyone again and having a chance to catch up with you all.

Also a big thanks to Joedoe for taking some time to practice with me.

"Did some push/sticky hands with Jon ... am still amazed at his ability to absorb ..."
* lol dude trying to push you is like trying to move a wall, still i do appreciate the comment. Even if i do know well that me 'absorbing' was more just me hanging on for dear life :D

Either way it was really great to have another chance to work out with you and to feel first hand where some of that power is coming from. Always been impressed by your structure and ability to generate force from very small movements. Not to mention the fact your quite definately one of the more down to earth and realistic martial artists ive ever met. Still i cant leave anyone else out either, was great seeing everyone and hopefully we can all do it again sometime.

Thanks to all for a great afternoon.

joedoe
09-12-2004, 09:47 PM
As usual, Jon is far too generous in his assessment of my skills. However, thank you also for a good afternoon. :)

triskellin
09-13-2004, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by jon
Either way it was really great to have another chance to work out with you and to feel first hand where some of that power is coming from. Always been impressed by your structure and ability to generate force from very small movements.

Try feeling some of that power when he's trying to actually hit u! :eek: Well try doesn't really enter the equation when it comes to bigjoe, i mean joedoe's skills :p

Well we didn't end up doing any training at all yesterday. Jin Wu was closed when we went there, and after much sitting around deciding what to do, we just decided to go home. Nvm, we still have Wednesday's death matches with joedoe. Watch out mate, we gonna hand yo @ss to you and serve it for dessert afterwards!!! *coughs4on1coughs*:D

joedoe
09-13-2004, 03:59 PM
Try feeling some of that power when he's trying to actually hit u! :eek: Well try doesn't really enter the equation when it comes to bigjoe, i mean joedoe's skills :p

Well we didn't end up doing any training at all yesterday. Jin Wu was closed when we went there, and after much sitting around deciding what to do, we just decided to go home. Nvm, we still have Wednesday's death matches with joedoe. Watch out mate, we gonna hand yo @ss to you and serve it for dessert afterwards!!! *coughs4on1coughs*:D

When I am trying to hit you, it is just the sheer weight of my fat coming at you :D Looking forward to Wednesday night ... bring it on :D

Azrael
09-13-2004, 04:31 PM
Just wanted to say it was really nice seeing everyone again and having a chance to catch up with you all.

Ditto that. Even though not a whole lot went down in terms of training etc, it was good to catch up with you guys and meet a few new faces.

Looking forward to Wednesday night ... bring it on

joedoe: hope you've been using the past few days in the lead up to train and prepare yourself my friend... someone better notify emergency services in advance is all i'm saying! :p

joedoe
09-13-2004, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by Azrael
Ditto that. Even though not a whole lot went down in terms of training etc, it was good to catch up with you guys and meet a few new faces.

joedoe: hope you've been using the past few days in the lead up to train and prepare yourself my friend... someone better notify emergency services in advance is all i'm saying! :p

Yup, have set my affairs in order, got my will done, all that stuff :D

Serpent
09-13-2004, 05:15 PM
When I am trying to hit you, it is just the sheer weight of my fat coming at you :D
Yeah, you mean it's like trying to fight the tide on a spring morning?

What's happening where on Wednesday?

joedoe
09-13-2004, 05:19 PM
Yeah, you mean it's like trying to fight the tide on a spring morning?

What's happening where on Wednesday?

I normally have a sparring group over at my place on a Wednesday night. You are welcome to join in if you want, but I suspect it is too long a drive ;).

blooming lotus
09-13-2004, 07:53 PM
that sounds like something I could dig!! Is it open house??

I'll pm you or post here when the bassstards let me home...:)

cheers

look forward to it.

B
:cool:

triskellin
09-13-2004, 08:32 PM
I normally have a sparring group over at my place on a Wednesday night. You are welcome to join in if you want, but I suspect it is too long a drive ;).

If Azrael and i can travel all the way from where we live, i am sure serpent can do the same since he is closer to you! we will be listening for your motorbike serpent! :p

joedoe
09-13-2004, 08:36 PM
that sounds like something I could dig!! Is it open house??

I'll pm you or post here when the bassstards let me home...:)

cheers

look forward to it.

B
:cool:

Well, kinda. I am happy for people to come along as long as I know them or feel I can trust them, or they are vouched for by someone else who attends. As it is actually at my house, I don't feel comfortable inviting absolutely everyone - I am sure you understand how I feel (and more importantly, how my wife feels). However, if you are interested in coming along then let me know and we can talk about it :)

joedoe
09-13-2004, 08:38 PM
If Azrael and i can travel all the way from where we live, i am sure serpent can do the same since he is closer to you! we will be listening for your motorbike serpent! :p

True, however Serpent has to get permission from his Boss as well :D

blooming lotus
09-13-2004, 09:04 PM
Well, kinda. I am happy for people to come along as long as I know them or feel I can trust them, or they are vouched for by someone else who attends. As it is actually at my house, I don't feel comfortable inviting absolutely everyone - I am sure you understand how I feel (and more importantly, how my wife feels). However, if you are interested in coming along then let me know and we can talk about it :)

that's kinda brave really. I'll let you know when I'm looking like getting closer:)

cheers

B

joedoe
09-13-2004, 09:13 PM
that's kinda brave really. I'll let you know when I'm looking like getting closer:)

cheers

B

OK. Look forward to hearing form you ;)

Serpent
09-13-2004, 10:24 PM
Well, it's not the journey that's an issue, but the previous committments. You know me and spare time... :(

Still, if it's a regular thing I'll try to arrange a future appearance.

joedoe
09-13-2004, 10:41 PM
Well, it's not the journey that's an issue, but the previous committments. You know me and spare time... :(

Still, if it's a regular thing I'll try to arrange a future appearance.

You are always welcome mate. Just give me a call.

Serpent
09-13-2004, 11:29 PM
Thanks, bro. Will do.

jon
09-16-2004, 01:34 AM
Just wanted to make a quick shout out to all those who attended Joedoes unoffical fight club on Wensday night. In particular of course i would like to thank our host Joedoe for his hospitality and the invite.

It was a fun night with quite a few attending and some good sparring matches. Also a very nice bunch of people all bringing some obvious skill to the table.

Thanks again to all for a good time :D

Serpent
09-16-2004, 04:29 AM
Any video or photos taken?

joedoe
09-16-2004, 04:25 PM
Any video or photos taken?

Yup, Triskellin took some video footage and usually rips it to CD for me. Most of the files are too big to post here though - usually about 30Mb.

I have some footage of some previous weeks, so if you are interested I can try to upload them somewhere.

blooming lotus
09-16-2004, 09:52 PM
so that means there should be one of yourself forthcomming ha Serpie :eek: :D ;) :p

okay.so you're NOT a chick! that's all I wanted to know:)

;)

and a.b.o.u.t. these photos??????!!!!

joedoe
09-16-2004, 10:10 PM
Actually, no footage of Serpent, only of the group that comes and spars with me every week. :)

Serpent
09-16-2004, 11:46 PM
Yeah, cos I don't want Triskellin filming up my skirt, that's why.

Hahaha! You really fell for that stuff about me being a man, huh bl!

Joe, could you run off a CD for me? I'd be interested to see it. You could post it or I could grab one next time I see you.

blooming lotus
09-17-2004, 04:28 AM
identity crises happen to the best of us. At least you're on your way to a speedy recovery

CaptinPickAxe
09-17-2004, 04:36 AM
Serps a chick!?!?!?!?1/!?:confused:

I think I may have smoked some bad weed....

blooming lotus
09-17-2004, 04:38 AM
speaking of Australian Kungfu, I should be home next week, (heading into most likely Brisbane or WA if I can't make happy with a uni there) and will want a good school. What have we got up there?? Do you know? I know there's a ninjutsu dojo out at Auchenflower but I think I want some karate or muay thai as well and some shaolin to stay in touch.

recommendations / schools NOT to go to??

CaptinPickAxe
09-17-2004, 04:39 AM
wait....

Serps a chick?

blooming lotus
09-17-2004, 04:44 AM
and the enigma grows :rolleyes:

wgaf really.!

as long we're talking ma or training at min, I'm good with either and don't care what any of you look like.

CaptinPickAxe
09-17-2004, 04:49 AM
as long we're talking ma or training at min, I'm good with either and don't care what any of you look like.

Good cause I look like The Bitter Beer Face guy after going 12 rounds with Mike Tyson and then immedatly dipping his face in a deep frier and dressing it with dog crap and remnants of yesterdays breakfast....

or thats what my mom used to tell me...:(

Serpent
09-18-2004, 01:32 AM
Just stand next to bl and you'll look beautiful. As for me, I'd make one ugly chick. I just like messing with bl's "brain". ;)

blooming lotus
09-18-2004, 05:09 AM
well that was successful :rolleyes:

blooming lotus
09-18-2004, 05:11 AM
what about muay thai in Brisbane ??

Anyone??

Toby
09-19-2004, 08:54 PM
recommendations / schools NOT to go to?? Mine. Please?

joedoe
09-19-2004, 10:02 PM
Yeah, cos I don't want Triskellin filming up my skirt, that's why.

Hahaha! You really fell for that stuff about me being a man, huh bl!

Joe, could you run off a CD for me? I'd be interested to see it. You could post it or I could grab one next time I see you.

I will see what I can do.

Serpent
09-19-2004, 10:59 PM
Thanks bro.

blooming lotus
09-20-2004, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by Toby
Mine. Please?

what school are you going to and what are you studying out there?? hate to say it, but it may be on the cards :eek: :eek: :eek:

Toby
09-20-2004, 01:41 AM
Well, I learn wing chun. My school won't fast track you, nor offer you a qualification so I don't think you're gunna be interested.

blooming lotus
09-20-2004, 01:49 AM
I know there's a good ninjutsu dojo out there and I have a list of some other schools, but what else you got?? What's muay thai like out your way??

Toby
09-20-2004, 01:55 AM
Nope, no muay thai. No ninjutsu either - dunno where you heard that from :confused:. In fact, no MA at all in West Oz. I learn from tapes. Best stick to Sydney ;).

blooming lotus
09-20-2004, 02:07 AM
hmm...I heard they were planning on pulling WA off the map altogether :rolleyes:

joedoe
09-20-2004, 03:55 PM
I thought there were lots of schools in Brisbane? I could be wrong. I am not very clued into the MA scene at all, and even in Sydney my knowledge of various schools is pretty limited.

Serpent
09-20-2004, 07:55 PM
As far as I know, Sydney and Melbourne have the lion's share of schools, but all the other capitals have a fair range too. It's just a case of finding them.

I'm not sure bl's attention span would allow that.

blooming lotus
09-20-2004, 08:03 PM
God you're an as* an arrogant to boot.

Yah, what you say is true, but there are valuable and worthy schools sporadically spaced throughout the country - hence posting the querie on a supposed " best of locals " thread here.

Misplaced respect??

go figure the irony ??:rolleyes: :mad: :cool: