PDA

View Full Version : CoC talk

rubthebuddha
08-29-2004, 10:47 PM
since we're talking about CoCs a lot, here be a link to a good way to up your grippy strength when using a CoC gripper. i'matry this beginning this week.

anyone else have any happy workouts for grip progress?

Serpent
08-29-2004, 11:28 PM
So there should presumably be a link here?

Toby
08-30-2004, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by rubthebuddha
anyone else have any happy workouts for grip progress? Yep, but it'd probably be censored if I posted it :D. Plus I tend to neglect my left hand ...

Vash
08-30-2004, 05:14 AM
About 16".

rubthebuddha
08-30-2004, 08:14 AM
So there should presumably be a link here? you presume too much. :D instead, the link should be here:

http://www.dragondoor.com/cgi-bin/articles.pl?rm=mode3&articleid=123

WinterPalm
08-30-2004, 11:00 AM
Rubthebuddha, which gripper can you currently close? I can close the #2 and get about an inch away on the #3 on a good try. I do quite a few negatives with the #3 and a slow release. I also find it good to close the #1 a couple times for a warm up. Then either three to four sets of #2 and then I start the negatives. However, I think I'll now start only doing two sets with the #2 for one rep and really focus on crushing it, then I'll move on to the #3 for the negatives. :)

Doug
08-30-2004, 12:55 PM
I think online material like this is great. Self studies like this can offer quite a bit of hope and inspiration.

I just wish the text was proofread prior to posting. Read the last paragraph: "I hold small doubts that anyone will be able to at least close the #1 when applying this." This sentence seems to imply the opposite (or at least some ambiguous middle ground) of the intended message.

Other than that, good stuff. By the way, I close the #2 for repetitions and have not bought the #3 yet. I might as well buy the last two and start at it again.

One thing that really helped grip work in addition to this was hand conditioning. I employed a grip strike in addition to a banchand, knife hand, palm, finger, knuckle, and fist strike when training in iron palm. Of course, it is a different aspect of grip training.

Doug M

rubthebuddha
08-30-2004, 01:12 PM
i only have a #1. can close it with righty for reps, but not quite with lefty. i'm not going to buy a #2 until lefty closes for the first time.